Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Trip Report. MS961 BKK-CAI, MS799 CAI-CDG. No pics!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report. MS961 BKK-CAI, MS799 CAI-CDG. No pics!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2009, 5:30 am
flyertalkspezi

Thumbs down experience with EGYPTAIR on JAN 22nd 2009 very bad

The fact that the airline dosn't have PTVs on long-range Boeing 777s is a disaster. Although MS has greatly improved in the last 2 years, it has only just started to fulfill the minimum criteria of getting me from A to B more or less on time with luggage in a safe aircraft.

.... all the same I found in 2009!!!! flight MS960 from CAI to BKK.

Aircraft in a very bad condition inside..... we flew BUSINESS-Class for more comfort!, but nothing on the old aircraft 777-200. Space between the rows .... like in Economy, got no menu-list, no special-service at the gate -normally First-/Business are preferred- seat-back only adjustable by a minimum to about 25 cm. Nnew cairo terminal 3 .... better say nothing more to it.

And really up to the year 2009, a new building .... only arriving by bus.

After my complaint to the german office -where I bought my tickets- the answer was .... it is business, with seat-distance of 40 inch!!!

God preserve, but we booked a round-trip and they will not change our tickes to another STARALLIANCE-group-airline we must fly back with EGYPTAIR.

And I wrote to STARALLIANCE and their head LUFTHANSA, but until now without any answer.
I also was asking both companies, what they were checking before making such an airline a member.

So we will NEVER more fly with EGYPTAIR, using very old aircraft in an very bad damages condition inside.
Hope the technical support for electric, engines and navigation-system are much more better.

excuse my english, home-language is german.

Old Feb 1, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by flyertalkspezi
excuse my english, home-language is german.
Kein Problem, herzlich Willkommen bei Flyertalk auf diesem Weg

I'm just in the middle of a domestic mileage-run in this moment, and my experiences with MS are positive. I got what I paid for - the airline makes a professional work without too much falderal. And if the ratio is OK, I will even fly to BKK with MS this year - but in F, not in C.

@flyertalkspezi: I assume you had a more or less bearable transportation. Hope that you become a bit more happy with following thoughts: You had an Economy Plus - comfort for an Economy Plus price, but got status miles for C.

Greetings from Novotel at CAI, tomorrow I will fly to ALY - 1000 status miles for EUR 47
Old Feb 1, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I have to agree with rorschi - if you bought the cheapest (by far) business class option you really can't expect *A (which have nothing, at all, to do with the product) to switch you to another carrier with a C product that easily costs 2-3 times as much.

MS, especially ex-Germany, has cheapcheapcheap fares. You get what you pay for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.