Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

United invites Flyertalkers to join Employee Open House at SFO -- Oct. 12, Fleet Week

United invites Flyertalkers to join Employee Open House at SFO -- Oct. 12, Fleet Week

Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs up United invites Flyertalkers to join Employee Open House at SFO -- Oct. 12, Fleet Week

Howdy Folks,

I'm happy to announce that United is inviting FlyerTalk members to join the Employee Open House this year, aka Fleet Week. While it won't be anything like the Maintenance Base Tour in terms of personal attention, it should be an amazing time, with 10,000+ people expected to show up, almost exclusively employees and their friends/family. They're happy to have 100 FlyerTalkers there, and registration will be on a first come first served basis.

Some info about the event:
  • The event will be held outdoors on the inner ramp area of the United Services maintenance base, just north of the San Francisco Airport.
  • The event will open at 11AM and end at 5PM on Sunday, October 12.
  • Free parking at the United Services maintenance base will be limited, and cannot be guaranteed. Further details concerning parking will be provided nearer to the event date. If parking cannot be provided, Flyertalk guests will need to park in either the SFO short-term parking at the airport terminal, then take the SFO long-term parking shuttle bus to the long-term parking garage. Another parking option is the long-term parking garage itself, across from the United Services maintenance base. From the garage, Flyertalk guests will need to walk south, towards the airport, along N. Airport Blvd., to reach the event entrance, at the maintenance base South Gate, past the maintenance base main entrance. Event volunteers will provide direction near the entrance.
  • At the South Gate entrance, United flight attendant volunteers will greet Flyertalk guests, check their ID against the guest list, and issue ID wrist straps, which must be worn at all times when within the secured area of the maintenance base ramp.
  • The event highlights include a rare, "behind the scenes" look at the Blue Angels US Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron and their aircraft, as they prepare for their aerobatic performance over San Francisco. A special fly-over for the United Open House is planned.

Other events include:
  • United aircraft displays and a tour of a United aircraft, with pilot volunteers providing a flight deck tour.
  • United Services maintenance displays and exhibits
  • Airplane Pull contests
  • Live entertainment, featuring United employee bands
  • Classic car displays
  • Food and dessert vendors
  • Kids' activities

Like I said above, registration is on a first come, first served basis. If you'd like to join us, please send me a PM with the title "Fleet Week Registration" and include your full name in the content of the PM. PLEASE only register if you're certain you can come, since it's not fair to others if people are just reserving spots. For those that would like to bring +1's, please indicate so in your post along with the name of your +1. Also please note that you're only confirmed if you get a PM back stating so.

I wanted to thank UA for this great opportunity, since it's an event which is otherwise only open to employees and their family/friends, so will be a neat look inside for all of us "outsiders."^^^

Also, we'll be having dinner after the event at Hola! Mexican Restaurant in Burlingame at 6PM. For full details and to join us, please see the separate dinner thread.

Please note, the event is now SOLD OUT.

Last edited by lucky9876coins; Sep 12, 2008 at 12:22 am
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:17 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Sign me up. ^
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Unless your ID says "iluv2fly," I'll still need a PM.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:20 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
It will be here soon!

Last edited by N334AA; Oct 7, 2008 at 4:38 pm
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:29 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Sign me up. ^
Like you don't know my real name or what?
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Make it easy on the poor guy - send him the PM

Thanks Ben for putting this together.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Like you don't know my real name or what?
Ah, good point. I did address you by name when you were on my flight in July, so I guess you're confirmed. You didn't give me a GTEM though, so.....
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Yes! I'll be there!
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
PM is on its way!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I think this will be great opportunity for me. Please signs up for me. I will let you know if I will accepted my new job. I am not sure which specific date during day off from work. I will try to give it chance go to SFO or not. Where I will expect to be on the tour near the maintenance base, am I correct?
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:04 am

PM sent. Thanks Lucky!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Lucky, I will be there, I've already PM'd you. Please count me in ^
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Should be a good laugh
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:31 am

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I'm in, PM sent. Thanks lucky!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 12:40 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Oh man, did it have to be that weekend? I'll be in DC from the 11th-13th. I'm going to go lay down and cry now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.