Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amazing nj
Some people are getting the suspended indefinetly message. I am still getting the delayed momentarily message. Can someone with tech know how explain this.
LHW is a mess.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Asiana Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Sofitel A/Club Plat, AMEX Centurion, LHW Leaders Club
Angry

we regret to inform you that due to technical difficulties beyond our control the 1928 promotion has been suspended indefinitely

Thats it!

LHW owes me a weekend break at the Baglioni in London between 12-14 Dec 2008 for $19.28

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

why would they suspend it when there were 7 minutes left?

BTW everyone remember LHW is an alliance type thing, not a hotel operator. if you want to shift business, just dont book at LHW.com book direct or through someone else.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Some people are getting the suspended indefinetly message. I am still getting the delayed momentarily message. Can someone with tech know how explain this.
Not sure if an explanation requires much technical knowedge... it simply seems - like everything else having to do with this promotion - that they can't even get the right error messages loaded!

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
i actually got to the sign in page, with 32 seconds to go on their count down, but when i entered my email address got an error...
and now i get this

Thank you for your interest in the 1928 Promotion.

We regret to inform you that the more than 6000 room nights available at the start of this promotion have all been sold. Congratulations to the lucky participants who were able to get a reservation as part of this great offer!

Still interested in travelling with us? While we can't offer you rooms at USD 19.28, we can still offer some great values, including bundles of 3 nights for the price of 2, 4 for the price of 3, or 7 for the price of 5, as well as discounted weekend rates and other Leading Offers.

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Ugh, it has gone from dark to light outside.

Anyway, I am not getting the technical difficulty page yet, but I did notice something interesting. I tried calling the customer service line for this promotion (the 800-643-8881 number) and instead of a busy signal I am getting a "cannot be completed as dialed"
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Due to the overwhelming number of consumers participating in this promotion, we regret to inform you that due to technical difficulties beyond our control the 1928 promotion has been suspended indefinitely.

----
Poor things, they could have had no way of knowing how many people would be participating
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:22 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I guess they use reverse proxies.
JMR

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors
Originally Posted by Starbucks
ALT+F4 seems to do the trick to get behind the error page...
CTRL+W works as well!

Programs: * A
120 minutes of trying with no luck! thanks Misleading Hotels of the World! FT rocks, thanks for the support and entertainment during this fiasco
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

oh jeese, now were getting the prearranged "what a success" message even though they suspended 7 minutes early, clearly without having sold all the rooms.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
The latest announcement: "Congratulations to the lucky participants who were able to get a reservation as part of this great offer!"

Give me a break!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:24 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
The latest announcement: "Congratulations to the lucky participants who were able to get a reservation as part of this great offer!"

Give me a break!
Exactly. I can't view this as anything else by a bald faced lie. With the technical difficulty page and all the stuff that has gone on.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:25 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
80 minutes is up, and I never saw anything other than "Sorry! Due to the overwhelming number of consumers currently trying to access this promotion, your request is being delayed momentarily. Please be patient, don’t get discouraged, and retry in a few seconds by clicking here, or by going back to http://www.lhw.com/1928."

Oh well, at least the site didn't tease me by letting me get part way and then crashing!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Did anyone here get through to the payment page?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.