Westin Indianapolis [Master Thread]

Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:57 am

Programs: AA gold, SPG Plat,
Stayed recently.
Could not have been happier. Staff was professional and outgoing from check-in to check-out.

Club lounge was good: quesadillas and rice krispie treats. Breakfast was a bit scant with cereal, bagels, strawberries, and beverages.

Note: Local Westin Unwind is a complimentary Fruit / Cracker plate along with neck & back massages from 5 to 7pm.

Would definitely stay here again, without question.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Gold, Hilton Silver
Westin Indianapolis

Has anyone stayed at the Westin Indianapolis? I'm hesitant to stay there because of the poor reviews on Tripadvisor. Also, any experience in getting upgraded as Gold?
Old Dec 8, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Starwood Platinum
I've stayed there quite a bit. It might not be as fancy as other Westins but I can tell you it's definitely the best Starwood property in Indianapolis. There are some surprisingly fancy hotels that I haven't been able to try yet (e.g. Hilton Conrad), but I think the Westin is very nice.

The 15th floor lounge is not worth paying for. They have, however, recently redone and expanded the fitness center. It's got nice new machines and isn't crowded.

If they are close to full, they upgrade all their elites. However, if there are empty standard rooms, you'll have to try your luck schmoozing the front desk at check in. Even as Platinum, I don't get upgraded unless I ask, and even then it doesn't always work.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goplaces
I've stayed there quite a bit. It might not be as fancy as other Westins but I can tell you it's definitely the best Starwood property in Indianapolis. There are some surprisingly fancy hotels that I haven't been able to try yet (e.g. Hilton Conrad), but I think the Westin is very nice.
I agree the Conrad is very nice and is the best Conrad in the states. It often costs more then the Westin. I prefer the club and Shula's at the Westin.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 12:00 pm

I received a nice corner suite upgrade as a platinum. Free access to the club room was included but this was one of the poorest club rooms I have ever seen. On the second floor there is a tunnel complex that allows you to walk to the city mall and to many buildings downtown without having to go outside. I also stay at the sheraton at the keystone frequently and they have free parking and tunnel access to the keystone mall. The Sheraton also has never failed to upgrade me to a suite. and I have stayed there at least a dozen times.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat
Not too much to add to what the others have said. Stayed twice in the past couple of months and it was fair. I would say its below any of the other Westins I have stayed at in terms of room quality (update them! please!) - still have old tube TV's, dated worn out bathrooms, etc. More what I would expect out of a non remodeled Sheraton than a Westin.

As a Plat, I got upgraded to a suite with a nice view of the capitol building once, the other time it was to the the top (SPG) floor. Other than the view, the suite was nothing special, in fact the old couch at TV kind of just made it look sad.

Finally, Location is good, and the newly remodeled workout room is great. Decent lobby, acceptable staff.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
Planning a trip for early may anyone stayed here recently? Would like an updated reveiw. Surely they have Flat screen tv's by now? Also any cheep parking near by? $30 a day is high by any standards especially when you are not in a a "Big City"
Old Apr 13, 2010, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by nachoman205
Planning a trip for early may anyone stayed here recently? Would like an updated reveiw. Surely they have Flat screen tv's by now? Also any cheep parking near by? $30 a day is high by any standards especially when you are not in a a "Big City"
Hard to believe nobody has any thoughts on this Hotel. HELP
Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
This is a great hotel. Generous platinum upgrades to full suites (and to Westin work-out rooms when suites were unavailable). Convenient location. Excellent 24-hour gym with ~20 pieces of cardio equipment, separate weight room, and separate swimming pool. Friendly staff, though check-in lines can get very long. Nice flat-screen tvs in the rooms and they look like they were recently renovated. I really enjoyed my stays here.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:08 am

Thanks the info is greatly appreciated
Old Jul 12, 2010, 5:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Will be here 5-7 August booked with points, quite a good deal for 7000 points as rooms go for 350$ a night. Seems hotel is quite full, is there anything going on in town?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 5:38 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Will be here 5-7 August booked with points, quite a good deal for 7000 points as rooms go for 350$ a night. Seems hotel is quite full, is there anything going on in town?
Gen Con is in town. It is actually becoming one of Indy's biggest conventions each year. It is pretty interesting downtown during that time. I am pretty sure this is the only time some of these folks get out of their parents basement. Dont hate me if you are a gamer...it is just a joke.

http://www.gencon.com/2010/indy/default.aspx
Old Jul 12, 2010, 6:33 pm

it is one of my favorite Westins as a PLAT. I have yet to see what a regular room looks like, as i always get a corner suite as an upgrade. I like the workout room and the runner's cards that you can find at the front desk. As far as the lounge, it is not much to talk about, but it does serve breakfast at 6 am, while the Sheraton around the corner starts at 6:30. The lounge offerings at the Westin are much better than the Sheraton. The only major complaint I have about all downtown Indianapolis hotels is the high cost of parking. You can pay $25 at the Sheraton or $30 at the Westin or the Hilton or Conrad.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Just checked in here. See two suites still available via the SPG app - front desk clerk "upgrades" me to a Club Floor. Begin to walk away PO'd with yet another "suites available, but no UG result", but then I get a little backbone and go back up to them and ask them why there are standard suites available for booking, yet no dice for me. Apparently they "forgot" to pull them out of inventory as they had already been allocated to other Plats (not checked in yet). They were nice enough about it and actually offered to kick out one of the Plats from his room tonight, but he was a weekly customer so I said no need. This is an hour ago now, and they're still available for booking.

Still infuriating that we have to deal with this on a regular basis. This seemed like a more honest mistake than the runaround many of us seem to get (and the guy was very gracious about it), but it stinks having to beg for them to apply a published benefit.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Rates are normally $119-$189 depending on what's going on. The suites are very nice.

But the Sheraton around the corner is only 3000 pts so I usually book that. After my initial stay at the Sheraton I have since been 6 for 6 on suite upgrades there all as a Gold in May/June. (I have recently become Plat) Very nice front desk.

The gencon crowd is always a great time to people watch and there is no better place than the Westin since it connects to the convention center. Also valet parking at the Westin is now $32. It's $25 at the Sheraton around the corner.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.