Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How early can one check-in for a flight @the airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:06 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

If we are trying for a coveted paid or cert. upgrade can one check in the night before a flight, especially if we have to be at the airport the night before to stay at a hotel since it is an early morning flight?
Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:52 am
travelalot5

The ITMs will allow check-in after midnight. THe ticket counter will be closed and it varies from each airport the opening time.

Old Nov 12, 2004, 8:46 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

The ITMs

Not sure what this is......
Old Nov 12, 2004, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by david4455
The ITMs

Not sure what this is......
The automated check-in kiosks at the airport.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 8:37 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum; Marriot Rewards Silver; Alaska Air Miles
I've checked in 5 hours early for a night flight. I just went after work. I wanted to upgrade to FC as well and the first check-in person wouldn't let us. She said to come back in 2 hours. We just went over to the FC line and she sent us straight through and on our way.

For my upcoming trip on Wednesday, flight leaves YVR at 6:50am but the ticket counter doesn't open until 5:00am. I'll probably use the ITM earlier (4am) and hopefully be able to upgrade it.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 2:27 pm

If I have a night flight out of SEA and will be driving to SEA from YVR, can I check in using the ITM at YVR for my flight departing from SEA (ie. earlier check-in for upgrade)?
Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:38 am
formerly ASTechGuy

Originally Posted by todd-r
If I have a night flight out of SEA and will be driving to SEA from YVR, can I check in using the ITM at YVR for my flight departing from SEA (ie. earlier check-in for upgrade)?
Nope, sorry... ITMs only check in for flights departing from that city (plus appropriate connections of course). It won't even work for co-terminal origins - you actually have to be in the airport you're departing from - or hotel lobby in places like SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.