Ride Report - '05 Dodge Grand Caravan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2005, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Nobody, Hertz Gold, Avis Select
Ride Report - '05 Dodge Grand Caravan

Courtesy of FlyinHawaiian
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....41&postcount=8

I rented a minivan for SEA Doo VII and showed up a bit early, so I had to go to the Gold booth to ask for a car. Here at SEA, there are a lot of Mazda MPV, but I was able to score a Dodge Grand Caravan and a free Sirius Radio upgrade.

The version I receceived seems to be the midrange model. My friends have a loaded LXi and this version was a little more spartan.

Seating was two captain's chairs in the front, a small bench in the middle (seating two), and a bench in the rear (with seating for three, but, for comfort's sake, two adults should only sit here).

Luggage room was actually pretty good, as there is a well behind the third row that helps eat up bags. You can store about four 22" rollabords here and then pile up another layer of luggage on top of it and still see out of the back.

Performance was ok; I believe there are two V-6 options for the Grand Caravan, and, if so, I hope this one had the smaller option, as performance was not too impressive. However, I was able to drive on the interstate fully loaded with passengers and keep up with traffic with litte problem.

Handling is impressive for such a long wheelbase. The ride is comfortable and smooth. The vehicle does not wallow or seem tippy in turns and cloverleafs. There is good feedback through the steering as well.

I really enjoyed the quality of the audio system, and, coupled with the Sirius Radio, made for some pleasant drives.

Overall, I think this is a great vehicle for this class.

Just wanted to add it as a separate thread...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.