Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Mileage Plan New Enrollment Bonus - Exclusively for Canadians

AS Mileage Plan New Enrollment Bonus - Exclusively for Canadians

Old Apr 8, 2007, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up AS Mileage Plan New Enrollment Bonus - Exclusively for Canadians

There is currently an undocumented enrollment bonus for Canadians. Recieve 3,500 bonus miles upon enrolling in the Mileage Plus program.

New members recieve:

Web Enrollment Bonus - 500
Canadian Web Enrollment Bonus - 2,500
Web Newsletter Opt In Bonus - 500

For a total of 3,500 miles.

This bonus works for Canada-wide postal codes. It does not work for new USA accounts (although, you can get the miles if you have a nice Canadian friend who is willing to let you virtually move-in for two weeks).

Enjoy!
Old Apr 8, 2007, 1:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, HA, NW
Any links?
Old Apr 8, 2007, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Apparently no links necessary.

Just goto the Alaska site and signup for Mileage Plan but make sure that you list ur address as Canada with a Candadian zip code.

then make sure that you check off to receive the newletter box.

hit enter and voila you will see on the sign up page 500+2500+500

no kidding.

thank roadtrip man for the hidden bonus!
Old Apr 8, 2007, 2:11 am
Original Poster

That's right, no links necessary. This is a completely unadvertised promotion - I've looked for an official announcement everywhere.

Glad to help everyone! Enjoy!
Old Apr 8, 2007, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Does AS have any issues merging accounts later?
Old Apr 8, 2007, 7:10 am

Programs: AS MVP
AS far as I'm concerned, AS had this promotion all the way back in 2001. In fact, I signed up my AS account with this promotion back then.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingstudent
AS far as I'm concerned, AS had this promotion all the way back in 2001. In fact, I signed up my AS account with this promotion back then.
That very well may be. I just found out about it when enrolling my family last week.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ja_user
Does AS have any issues merging accounts later?
If you are referring to buy/share miles, then I am pretty certain AS has a 5,000 mile minimum buy/sell restriction. So, you'd have to earn 1,500 before being able to transfer to someone else's account (I think).
Old Apr 8, 2007, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by roadtripman
If you are referring to buy/share miles, then I am pretty certain AS has a 5,000 mile minimum buy/sell restriction. So, you'd have to earn 1,500 before being able to transfer to someone else's account (I think).
I meant. If I happen to have two AS accounts, do they have issues merging them together into one and combining the miles? it is common practice on AA, when a CitiCard or other promo gives you a second AA account that you don't need to track?
Old Apr 8, 2007, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

I meant. If I happen to have two AS accounts, do they have issues merging them together into one and combining the miles? it is common practice on AA, when a CitiCard or other promo gives you a second AA account that you don't need to track?
Oh, I'm not too sure about that kind of situation. I thought it was impossible. I know it's impossible on UA. I had a dormant UA account with no miles in it that I forgot about, and when I signed up with UA with a friend's referral (3000 mile bonus) I recieved an email telling me they weren't allowing me to open the account because I had one already from a couple years back (with a balance of 0). They cancelled the new account and made me stick with the old one (which is probably the reason why I am not an avid UA flyer - seems silly on their part).

I guess you could sign up for the promotion, then give them a call. The worst they'll say is "no".
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:54 pm

This has been around for a few years for sure.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 11:12 pm

Programs: AC,SWA,*W PLAT
AS? Alaska airlines?

sorry, i'm new.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 11:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by juran
sorry, i'm new.
that would be the forum containing this thread...

welcome!
Old Apr 9, 2007, 3:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
BoA opened a new MP acct for me when I got the sig card on the 20k promo last winter. I just had to call up the MVPG line and they merged them with no problems - after I'd figured out (with some help from this board) that this was the reason my bonus had not posted.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by roadtripman
(although, you can get the miles if you have a nice Canadian friend who is willing to let you virtually move-in for two weeks).
I have some Canadian friends. Will they mail a welcome kit or something like that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.