Another BA Newbie & Flight Report

Old May 25, 2007, 7:45 pm
PeS
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, LH FQTV, BA Gold
Another BA Newbie & Flight Report

Well, here's the experience of the man having his first trip with BA.
Despite having 140+ legs in past three years, I never had privilege to fly with BA, as I used to be a loyal SkyTeam customer. Now I'm going to fly PRG-PHX and this was good opportunity to think of my loyalty to SkyTeam, as I had quite bad experience with FFP customer service. I know that it can happen even with BAEC , but for now, I decided to vote with my feet (or rather with the bum, which will be seated in different airline's seat). So having two options - DL PRG-ATL-PHX or BA PRG-LHR-PHX, I've chosen BA:
BA 853 D 26MAY PRG-LHR 0755 0910
BA 289 D 26MAY LHR-PHX 1435 1710
BA 288 C 01JUN PHX-LHR 1920 1305
BA 856 C 02JUN LHR-PRG 1500 1755

Ticket price was around Ł2800 - outbound in D, inbound in C. I was able to pre-assign seats for inbound flights (62K on PHX-LHR and 2A on LHR-PRG), but I had to wait for OLCI to book seats for tomorrow. I would expect that LHR-PHX opens at 14:35, but I was able to OLCI together with my first leg, which opened at 7:55. So I picked seats 5A for PRG-LHR and 64K for LHR-PHX. I find this a bit unfair to travelers starting their trip in LHR, as they have to wait until 14:35 to OLCI
Traveling solo in CW, seating wasn't realy anissue for me, but I'm happy to be on UD. Interesting is that the whole AB part of UD was empty when I checked-in. Maybe because it's day-time flight to West with sun shining from South.

Now I'm curious about my first BA experience - so BA, smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

More to follow...
Old May 26, 2007, 5:34 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
We did LHR-PHX last year in the Upper Deck. Great crew both ways and very You staying there or going on to LAS?
Old May 26, 2007, 11:16 pm
PeS
Original Poster

Staying one week in Scottsdale.

Last edited by PeS; Jun 5, 2007 at 9:00 am Reason: Test of tags
Old Jun 5, 2007, 9:03 am
PeS
Original Poster

[IMG] is off in this forum, so trip report continues here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.