In-N-Out Burger To New York?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
In-N-Out Burger To New York?

From this month's Departures Magazine, p. 48:
"LA burger haven In-N-Out Burger is rumored to be planning a New York debut..."

That's all they say, but somehow it's enough to intrigue me. Down with all the imitators, let's get the real thing. First Pinkberry, now In-N-Out. There will be no reasons left to go to LA...
Old Jul 18, 2007, 7:25 am
Commander Catcop

Unhappy

It's an interesting rumor and would be very nice if In and Out came out East.

My concern is that this finest of fast food eateries could lose some of its "flavor" and uniqueness if it starts expanding outside the West Coast area. Can they replicate the freshness and cleanliness on a coast or even in a city where everyone's in a rush. Have you seen how some people leave fast food places aorund Manhattan and other areas?

I don't want IN and Out to become another plastic national chain in the vein on, GASP! McDonalds!

I also wonder if some people can appreciate the taste and quality of In and Out.

Plus, when I need an In and Out fix it having it out West gives me another excuse to earn miles!
Old Jul 18, 2007, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
From this month's Departures Magazine, p. 48:
"LA burger haven In-N-Out Burger is rumored to be planning a New York debut..."

That's all they say, but somehow it's enough to intrigue me. Down with all the imitators, let's get the real thing. First Pinkberry, now In-N-Out. There will be no reasons left to go to LA...
Wow. Fabulous. I have recently decided to move to NYC over LA...and if I can get my In-n-Out fix AND Pinkberry, I agree...no more reason to go to LA.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
In-N-Out in NYC? Awesome! Who needs LA?

Last edited by mapu; Jul 18, 2007 at 9:32 am
Old Jul 18, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Exactly. No more flying to Cali for me.

Then again, I was always a big fan of burger joint.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
In-N-Out is like Magnolias Bakery.

It's good the first time. It's even good the second time. But after a while (based on multiple trips to LA), it becomes ho-hum.

Seek, and yee shall find. From the Omni forum (note the date). http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ghlight=burger

Last edited by dhammer53; Jul 18, 2007 at 11:58 am
Old Jul 18, 2007, 12:01 pm

competition to Five Guys

I like in-N-out burger. I believe in-N-out will have competition with Five Guys. It is a close match to in-N-out. Everyone who has been to Five Guys says it reminds them of in-N-out. One just opened in my neighborhood in NYC and it is great^

Last edited by flight911; Jul 18, 2007 at 2:45 pm
Old Jul 18, 2007, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by dhammer53
In-N-Out is like Magnolias Bakery.

It's good the first time. It's even good the second time. But after a while (based on multiple trips to LA), it becomes ho-hum.
It took 5 posts for a In-N-Out is too-popular-to-be-good reply. That is a long time for us NYers...

Put In-N-Out in some out of the way neighborhood in Brooklyn, dim the lights, change the name...and serve the *exact same food* and then (and only then) us NY-hipsters would say it's the best thing ever.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 9:31 am

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
I know it's presumptuous of me to speak for all of LA, but I'll gladly trade In-and-Out for White Castle.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 9:35 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by Scott in LA
I know it's presumptuous of me to speak for all of LA, but I'll gladly trade In-and-Out for White Castle.

Actually, on second thought, on behalf of New York (and without being presumptuous), I'll make that trade.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by flight911
I like in-N-out burger. I believe in-N-out will have competition with Five Guys. It is a close match to in-N-out. Everyone who has been to Five Guys says it reminds them of in-N-out. One just opened in my neighborhood in NYC and it is great^
Really? I love them both, but they feel very different. In N Out is a true fast food restaurant and Five Guys is more akin to a "quick casual." Five Guys burgers are much bigger and about twice the price, and their fries are better. I think they fill different niches.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:51 am

You don't need White Castle out west. You need Dunkin Donuts.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
great news about in-and-out thinking of expanding east - hopefully it makes its way down to DC
Old Jul 19, 2007, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scott in LA
Deal. I'll give you all of Chicago's White Castles for just two or three In-and-Out restaurants.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by flight911
I like in-N-out burger. I believe in-N-out will have competition with Five Guys.
5 guys? where that be?

i thought Shake Shack & Blue 9 were the nyc burgers most frequently compared to I-N-O?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.