Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin America tix on sale! FF Program established!

Old Jul 19, 2007, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: eleVAte (Virgin America)

It's all real now! As of 2 AM Pacific Time the virginamerica.com website now is selling tickets!!! The Frequent Flyer Program is called eleVAte and you can sign up for that right now, too.

On eleVAte you earn 5 points for every $1 spent. You earn free trips after 4,900 points. There are no blackout dates ever on eleVAte. Those who join by the end of '07 become a "Founding Member".

Last edited by Absinthe; Jul 21, 2007 at 2:06 pm
Old Jul 19, 2007, 5:32 am

Has anyone managed to find the $149 first-class one-way fares the website says are available?

OK...just found them...only for SFO-LAX. $349 for other routes!

-Mikee-

Last edited by mikeecix; Jul 19, 2007 at 5:39 am
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:26 am
SST

The introductory fares allow you to do 1/2 Y and 1/2 F for the same price UA and AA are selling SFO-LAX in Y. I just booked one, we'll see how the service is in a couple weeks.

AA, so far, hasn't matched.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by Absinthe
I do know that at least two of Virgin America's airports will allow VAmerica's 1st Class pax to use VAtlantic's 1st Class lounges. So there is already some crossover between the two.
Which Club Houses? JFK by any chance? (Does VX fly from JFK's T4, like VS?)
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: MR Plat, AA EXP, Hertz Presidents Club, SPG Plat
I think the moderator should recomend starting a new tread under 'Airline Programs' for VA. VA will be completely different and separate from Virgin Atlantic.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 9:58 am
Suspended

Which airports can we use the clubhouse lounges when flying on first class tickets?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
The website is very slow and frustrating. But the worst part I found is that it does not quote you the total fare, including taxes and fees until after completing the passenger information.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:14 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Anyone had any luck actually purchasing a fare?

Their website is riddled with slowness and functional errors (invalid security certificates, time-outs when trying to book, etc.) and calling them resulted in a 15 minute hold time only to be dumped into some agent's voice mailbox.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Absinthe
I do know that at least two of Virgin America's airports will allow VAmerica's 1st Class pax to use VAtlantic's 1st Class lounges. So there is already some crossover between the two.
Where does it state this?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:48 am

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by TonySCV
Anyone had any luck actually purchasing a fare?

Their website is riddled with slowness and functional errors (invalid security certificates, time-outs when trying to book, etc.) and calling them resulted in a 15 minute hold time only to be dumped into some agent's voice mailbox.
After repeated trying, I just bought a RT JFK-SFO-LAX in F. The website is extremely slow, error riden, and frustrating. I'm now trying to go back and select seats as I only selected seats for my first flight. I sure hope the inflight experience is better than the website.

Last edited by SCChris; Jul 19, 2007 at 11:56 am
Old Jul 19, 2007, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by SCChris
After repeated trying, I just bought a RT JFK-SFO-LAX in F. The website is extremely slow, error riden, and frustrating. I'm now trying to go back and select seats as I only selected seats for my first flight. I sure hope the inflight experience is better than the website.

My experience this morning was quite different: booking my JFK-SFO-JFK rtn was a breeze.

The only "bug" I found was that the website didn't allow me to select a seat for the return. But it's no big deal: it's only 2 rows of F anyway.

NYLON Boy
Old Jul 19, 2007, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by SCChris
I wound up just calling them. Booking with a phone agent was a snap (after a 15 minute hold time - guess a lot of folks are having a problem buying online), and they didn't charge me the extra $5 phone booking fee since their website is not up to snuff right now. On the inaugural LAX-IAD flight.

I did manage to sign up for their FF program online though. Amazingly it gave me an error when i registered but apparently the registration "took" anyway.

- T
Old Jul 19, 2007, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Website down...

We apologize for the inconvenience. Our web site will be back up shortly. In the meantime, please call 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN, 5 AM - 9 PM (Pacific Time), and one of our Guest Services agents will be glad to assist you.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriot Gold, Qantas Silver, Hertz Pres. Circle
Looks like the website crashed.

UA has not matched their fares yet
Old Jul 19, 2007, 2:16 pm

Book through the phone folks!
Had a great agent, Charlie from SFO Guest Services, working the phones and he was able to confirm $44 each way to L.A on Thursday (arggh, 1 day after grand opening).
Hold time was less than 10 minutes and booking was a breeze.

I too am looking forward to a new VA forum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.