Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada SSR codes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Air Canada SSR codes?

Are there any Air Canada employees in this forum who would be willing to share AC's SSR codes for a sticky in the Disability Travel forum?

If so, thanks very much.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
While not an AC employee, I do have CRS access as travel agent and thought I would try and help you in for laudable endevour. BTW, the airline briefing that deal with these codes can be found at CIC*57/4 should any gate agent need to look the info up.

SSR codes

WCHR

--passenger requires wheelchair for distance within airport but is able to ascend or descend stairs

WCHS

--passenger is able to walk but unable to ascend or descend stairs

WCHC

--passenger is paraplegic/quadriplegic, requires an on-board wheelchair and must be carried to/from cabin seat

WCMP

--manual power wheelchair

WCBD

--dry cell operated wheelchair

WCBW

--wet cell operated wheelchair
Old Sep 8, 2007, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much. I have added this information to the sticky.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:58 am

I know I'm waking up a very old thread, and I'm not an AC employee, but I think these are important - especially in this day and age:

NDIS = Invisible Disability (usually some sort of cognitive impairment that isn't visible and where the passenger is self-sufficient and doesn't require an attendant but might still need some minor assistance). A passenger with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) - Level 1 for instance. Similar to DMAA (which is not used by AC). Using this one is typically easy - sort of like asking for wheelchair assistance minus the wheelchair. It also automatically gives you pre-boarding.

DPNA = A cognitive disability that is more evident. Usually used when someone with such a disability is travelling with an attendant. Examples include ASD levels 2 and 3. Medical clearance is usually required the first time you use it.

Best to use the NDIS code unless you really aren't self-sufficient.
arf04 likes this.

Last edited by Liam Walshe; Sep 30, 2023 at 5:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.