Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Old Nov 9, 2007, 9:29 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome travellingman79 & TIMP!!!
Old Nov 10, 2007, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Wink Goldlust / 25 / CPH / Denmark

Goldlust / 25 / CPH / Denmark

I go by my first name Rasmus and have been on FT on and off since 2000. Even served on the first Talk Board .

I am finishing law school by the end of this year and only doing pleasure travel.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 3:43 am

Welcome Goldlust!!!
Old Nov 11, 2007, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Goldlust
Goldlust / 25 / CPH / Denmark

I go by my first name Rasmus and have been on FT on and off since 2000. Even served on the first Talk Board .

I am finishing law school by the end of this year and only doing pleasure travel.
welcome! What happened to the whole dust-up with you on TalkBoard?
Old Nov 12, 2007, 3:38 am
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Thanks for your welcome. I acted the way my conscience dictated. As I do in all matters of honour. That is all in the past and I am not going to comment further.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG-Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat
Jeffrey/44/SFO or OAK/Berkeley, CA

Hello - I am Jeffrey and new to FlyerTalk - just saw that there is a GLBT forum so I have been checking this out in recent days. I am from Berkeley originally and recently moved back into the house I grew up in after I lost my mom last year. Work at UC Berkeley Dept. of Recreational Sports now as I realign myself after big changes last year. Turned 44 in September '07.
All of my travel is personal. At 19 I got a job with United Airlines while in college at UCSB. Worked in Customer Service for 2 years at SBA, learned everything needed to turn a 737 or 727 around, passenger service, ramp service, lost and found, the whole deal. Became a flight attendant to go full time and was based in Chicago (1 yr.), San Francisco (2 1/2 yrs.) and Honolulu (9 years.) Then did a leave of absence and went to Hotel School in Switzerland to get another degree. Resigned from United and went to work for Four Seasons Hotels for a little over 5 years in Austin, TX and East Palo Alto, CA (new FS Silicon Valley.) The stress level in the hotel is higher than the airplane, IMHO.
I have been fortunate to travel quite a bit and it is my big vice. Been to about 31 countries over the years, and always looking to go somewhere else. But always want to go back to Palm Springs as I love the desert. My travel includes non-revenue travel in the early days, when I was younger and crazier, to now when I do what I can to hang onto Gold status with United, and looking to dabble with Alaska in the coming year.
I think air travel has become quite horrendous if you are not in someone's elite level program and this site and its forums help to arm travellers with information they can use to help themselves and eachother find their way in a ever-changing world of travel.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:20 am

Welcome rosscali!!!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
David/33/JFK (LGA or EWR if I must)/Brooklyn, NY

You guys seem fun, so I thought I would unlurk

As you see, I am a New Yorker. My BF and I live in Brooklyn. I travel a good chunk of the time for work, but mainly in the Fall months (almost on a non-stop basis). As a result, I found Flyertalk mainly to learn stuff that has helped me out with business travel. (Sort of...Being loyal to B6 for the time being actually is a lot easier than dealing with trying to earn status and EQMs.)

As a result of the work travel, we are now reaping some of the benefits of the points and miles for some personal travel. Our next big trip is 10 days and the very end of February. (JFK-LGB, LAX-SFO, OAK-HNL-OAK-JFK). I just bought the HNL tickets last night!

So ...Hi! And definitely look forward to talking to fellow New Yorkers, Californians, and guys with some advice about our five nights in Waikiki
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA nothing
Originally Posted by rosscali
Hello -. Resigned from United and went to work for Four Seasons Hotels for a little over 5 years in Austin, TX and East Palo Alto, CA (new FS Silicon Valley.) The stress level in the hotel is higher than the airplane, IMHO.
I have been fortunate to travel quite a bit and it is my big vice. Been to about 31 countries over the years, and always looking to go somewhere else. But always want to go back to Palm Springs as I love the desert. My travel includes non-revenue travel in the early days, when I was younger and crazier, to now when I do what I can to hang onto Gold status with United, and looking to dabble with Alaska in the coming year.
I think air travel has become quite horrendous if you are not in someone's elite level program and this site and its forums help to arm travellers with information they can use to help themselves and eachother find their way in a ever-changing world of travel.
Hi Rosscali,

There is life after FS! I worked for them for too many years and I am now with a different company. I am new on here as well.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:02 am

Welcome defiance96 & 1bentley!!!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA nothing
Originally Posted by peteropny
Welcome defiance96 & 1bentley!!!
Hi Peteropny,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I think this is a great forum.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
oenophilist / 39 / RDU / Raleigh

Hi, I'm Tim, based in North Carolina. I work in business development, mostly flying to Europe but occasionally to Latin America and the Middle East. And even domestically on occasion. I do most of my transatlantic and domestic on United, and the rest on various regional airlines.

Old Dec 1, 2007, 6:54 pm

welcome oenophilist!!!
Old Dec 2, 2007, 7:03 am
Suspended

Welcome all!
Old Dec 3, 2007, 1:36 am

Programs: UA GS 2 MM; , SPG Plat Amb/LTP, Marriott Gold, HH, Hertz Pres Circle
flyswim/Rob/39/SFO/San Francisco

Hi, just stumbled across the GLBT forum while procrastinating on FT. I'm a freelance marketing guy, doing primarily qualitative market research and strategy development - which means I'm on the road a lot and have a very understanding partner.

I fly United almost exclusively and made 1K this year for the first time and on almost all domestic travel (1 trip to Cancun is the only exception). I joined FT last year but just recently started lurking and now posting on a regular basis (I'm also an a.netter but am so over the 15 y.o. armchair ceo's there).

Unlike what seems to be most of the flying public, I actually love to fly, I find I can get work better on the plane (need E+ for the laptop) and am perfectly content at 35,000 ft with a good book, ch 9 and a window seat.

As a brand new 1K I'm looking forward to some guidance from FT on how to use the SWUs, etc. I'm so used to the e-upgrades and that routine, CR-1s and SWUs are like a new language to me.

Happy Holidays!
-Rob

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.