Wiki Posts
Search

Switch Drop Off Post Pick Up?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2007, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Switch Drop Off Post Pick Up?

Has anyone had success (no reprice or denial of bonus/discount) in changing the drop off location at the time of or post pick up?

I'm going to book a car for 1 week - pickup at a HLE (Palm Beach County FL) and would prefer to drop-off at the airport (PBI).

fwiw, the car I want is sold out at PBI.

The rub is I'd really like to use the new promo code that gives a bonus of 1,800 points (for week long rentals).

As usual the T&Cs require pick up and return to the same location.

iirc, I've done this in the past (never tried it w/Hertz). Chances are that even if it's possible, it's probably a crap shoot but I'd appreciate hearing any experiences you've had.

Thanks from someone who always seems to need a local 1 way rental
Old Nov 15, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, WN CP & A-List P
Sorry I can't provide any insight as to making that situation work, but I would love to see the code for the points you're quoting!!
Old Nov 15, 2007, 9:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
this is it:
Earn an additional 1,800 #1 Awards® Points!
Hertz #1 Awards Points make your rentals more rewarding. For every qualifying dollar you spend, you earn one #1 Awards Point. And now, for every qualifying Weekly Rental you complete, you'll earn an additional 1,800 #1 Awards Bonus Points when you provide PC# 112066 and "ZE1" with your rental. This bonus offer is valid on rental pick-ups through January 31, 2008.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: CO Pres Platinum / UA GS, AA Ex Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Link?

Do you by chance have a link for PC# 112066? I'd love to use it, but Hertz always asks me for a print-out of the coupon (especially for PC's that don't begin with a 9) when I return the car.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by erenner
this is it:
Hertz #1 Awards Points make your rentals more rewarding. For every qualifying dollar you spend, you earn one #1 Awards Point. And now, for every qualifying Weekly Rental you complete, you'll earn an additional 1,800 #1 Awards Bonus Points when you provide PC# 112066 and "ZE1" with your rental. This bonus offer is valid on rental pick-ups through January 31, 2008.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

here ya go

Originally Posted by Lucky7
Do you by chance have a link for PC# 112066? I'd love to use it, but Hertz always asks me for a print-out of the coupon (especially for PC's that don't begin with a 9) when I return the car.

Thanks!
http://offers.hertzgold.com/offer.as...2C312385356632

or

http://tinyurl.com/yt4okb

hth and still hoping someone can chime in about switching drop off location and still keeping the original PC bonus (that required return to renting location)
Old Nov 15, 2007, 4:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, WN CP & A-List P
Looking at the link, the code is 111860.

I've had to change drop-off's before - any promo's that I've had assigned to the original plans have always been honored BUT I've been stuck with some significant additional fees in changing drop off locations.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

hmmmm..same bonus, different codes

Originally Posted by nitro
Looking at the link, the code is 111860.

I've had to change drop-off's before - any promo's that I've had assigned to the original plans have always been honored BUT I've been stuck with some significant additional fees in changing drop off locations.
as far as I can tell, the promos are identical.

maybe the different codes are based on me being only a Gold whereas erenner who posted the different PC is a lofty President Circle member

thanks for your take on the dropoff. iirc, even w/the quoted dropoff fee, the rental is still cheaper than a straight airport rental (w/te concession fees).

Thing is it's just my luck, that they'd catch the change and not award the bonus points. Also if I use this PC I have to pass on the $35 off coupon I had planned to use and also pony up for a car service to the airport. decisions.....
Old Nov 16, 2007, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I'd recommend just booking as a RT but seeing when you pick-up if they'll let you drop at the airport.

My thought is they probably won't -- when I recently rented at an HLE less than a mile from SFO even though they had to get my car at the airport, they wouldn't let me return there because of the coupon applied. YMMV of course.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 4:07 pm

Programs: CO Pres Platinum / UA GS, AA Ex Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Thanks for the link OP. Too bad NY Metro is excluded, always miss out on the fun.

Anyways, to answer your original question, sometimes when you call to change location, they validate the T&C's of a PC. If they remember to do it, they will take out the PC. However, often times they don't check. I've found if it's not discovered at that point, it will still apply when you return the car. I don't believe the return people (nor their computers) do any checking.

So, if you get past that point, you are all set. But, that's a bit of a crapshoot. Good luck!

(edit: in fact, one time I had a month long rental with a $75 or $100 PC that was still applied when I returned it after a week. YMMV)
Old Nov 27, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Just bumping this to thank for the heads up on the 1800 point promo, although the thread title kinda doesn't reflect this. (No wonder I couldn't remember where I had first seen it; I had to do a search for the PC# to find it.) I happened to have a weekly coming up, so I redid it to have this, adding about $25 in cost but 1800 points would be well worth that. I just returned this morning so hoping to see the bonus points post! There was an odd issue that came up while the new agent was trying to finalize the return, but they put it through and did not care to see the printout I had with me. My final receipt after return clearly shows the 112066 PC on it, so all should be good.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:36 pm

Programs: HH Gold
I've had no problems picking up at HLE and returning at the airport, however this has always been done using my corporate rate. YMMV using promo codes.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 8:27 pm
pdb

From where did the 1800pt PC originate

Originally Posted by erenner
this is it:
Say, erenner / bk3day: Where/when did this PC originally appear?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdb
Say, erenner / bk3day: Where/when did this PC originally appear?
this was 1 of several promos listed towards the bottom of my last Hertz statement sent via email.

fwiw, i just picked up my car today and didn't try to switch my res to a 1 way. Even though the reps seemed kinda clueless and probably would've approved the switch, I didn't want to risk the bonus points.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:10 pm

How does the Free gas PC113120 work with Gold Service?

Wrong forum...sorry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.