Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:52 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

welcome flyswim!!!
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:45 pm

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Adam / 43 / SYD

Guys

This is great just stumbled across it.

Working as a communicator for the NSW Police Force I get no business travel so everything I do is for pleasure.

Worked in the travel industry (Flight Centre) for a while so have a bit of a background in fares and deals.

My partner (14.5 yrs) and I have a condo in Bali so we try to get up their as often as possible, and I have elderly parents in NZ so puddle jump often.

Memberships include NZ, QF, TG, Virgin Velocity, Skywards and NW (which we were using for Garuda but not avail currently).

Always looking for a great deal and somewhere interesting to travel to.

Adam
Old Dec 14, 2007, 6:16 pm

welcome adampenrith!!!
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Marriott (Gold/Lifetime Silver)
1KCLAY/CLAY/35/SFO/SAN FRANCISCO

Hey guys.since Im probably the newest member of FT, I just signed up this AM. figured this was the safest place for my first post, though I still feel like Im walking into a new bar for the first time and dont know anyoneIm still learning my way around the site so go easy on me! If youve got any advice for a newbie, send it my way!

Im 35, Vice President of a PR agency here in San Francisco, and I think you can probably figure out from my screen name my airline of choice and that I fly a lot.
I actually stumbled across FT by accident this morning reading an A.Net post. (While I havent met him, thanks to WIRELESS for his IAD-PEK-IAD flight pics, they were linked in the post, and thats how I got diverted here!)

I grew up in the Bay Area, but spent 10 years in Washington, DC working for the Clinton Administration and the Democratic Party doing gay & lesbian fundraising. Now Im back here and live in Twin Peaks. In addition to flying and politics, I love to work out (Sports Club LA anyone?), read, spend time wine tasting, and hang out with friends. Definitely open to meeting new people who share my passion for commercial aviationwould be nice to be able to pick my seatmate from time to time as well, since I always seem to get stuck next to grumpy old straight men!

My friends continually give me grief that Ill never find a husband being such an airline-geekHey, I cant help it if he doesnt fly United!...(No offense to non-UAL-ers, its just what Im into! ) Im thinking on this site my interest in aviation and the fact I collect 1/400 diecasts just might be an asset and not such a liability.

Fly safe!
Clay
Old Dec 17, 2007, 5:04 pm

welcome 1KCLAY!!!
Old Dec 18, 2007, 4:00 pm

Thought I was in the other thread but guess not;

I am Eric.

I am male 24 year old living with my boyfriend in London. I work as an investment banker, a career I enjoy thoroughly. As a non-UK native I have always had to travel to go anywhere as I graduated from a UK university and an international school. I mainly travel for leisure, about once or twice a month work permitting. Next year will most likely involve more travelling for work.

I enjoy all leisure tasks although I feel my social life these days are somewhat lacking compared to before.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 5:12 pm

welcome dodgeflyer!!!
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP GOLD 75K; BA SILVER
Casey/28/SFO/San Francisco

I moved to SF from AUS a little over a year ago with my partner. Working in the tech industry I travel some for work, but mostly for pleasure.

I'm getting used to flying UA as I moved to a hub city. I feel like I know more about UA from FlyerTalk than I would've learned flying them for years. 1K here I come!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Thought I was in the other thread but guess not
According to Roll Call Thread Part II, the original roll call thread was lost sometime before early December 2003... So u might have posted in the one that was lost...
Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:38 am

welcome caseaustin!!!
Old Dec 20, 2007, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Hi everyone! I forget how I came across FT but I lurked around only for a couple of weeks before joining. I suppose my handle makes my flight loyalties fairly obvious.

I've lived in SF for three years, and just like everyone in SF, I'm not from there originally. DCA is where I grew up - in the past ten years I've also lived in STL, MRY, FCO, SJO, and ICN. I have a wonderful partner (1 year).

I feel like a little kid at a board meeting on FT, because I'm trying to keep up with people who fly for work and such. I'm both a student and a teacher, and the two together are not conducive to flying much (especially for needed MR's). They're also not conducive to paying for a lot of flights out-of-pocket, but I do what I can (I just wish I had a job that required travel!). I still manage to eke out Gold status every year, though, and after being Platinum in 2005, I've informed my partner that I will be requalifying for it next year, which is fine by him as he'll be sitting in F or J with me.

Time up in the air, whether napping, staring out at the vast empty spaces of the Rockies and Plains, or drinking enough to be 'happy,' is relaxation.

My partner and I love travelling and experiencing new countries and cultures, so I'm hoping to maintain Platinum for the next several years. My ultimate goal is to make 2MM and be a lifetime Plat, something I'd never heard of until joining FT. ^

Last edited by WanderingGent; Feb 13, 2023 at 8:05 pm
Old Dec 20, 2007, 5:27 pm

welcome cAAribmorpho!!!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
welcome cAAribmorpho!!!
Thanks, peteropny!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:08 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Scott / 40 / SNA / Irvine

Hi guys. I'm new here, so be gentle! While I'm not new to travelling, I am new to the reward programs and learning to take advantage of them. I may be doing some travel for work, so the opportunity to learn from all of you is what I'm looking forward to.

I'm in IT for an advertising agency (ignite HEALTH) here in The OC. We specialize in Pharmaceutical companies. We were recently purchased by a large company that is based in Columbus, OH (inVentiv Health).

As for me, I'm in IT (I'm BI, I do Mac and Windows). I specialize in supporting creative environments [Macintosh Technologist] and consider myself a designer as well. I lived in DC for over 10 years and while I was there I was one of the first IT Directors working in the GLBT Movement (1993-1999). It was an exciting time and being a professional homo sure was fun and rewarding. In 2000 i returned to SoCal and went back East again while on sabbatical to pursue a culinary career. I managed a non-vocational cooking school for 3 years. Then back to IT. Worked for companies such as Mattel, Sur La Table and various IT consulting firms.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:42 am

welcome ScottInTheOC!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.