Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN benefits on the plane

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 8:05 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Done by the book

NRT-FRA at the weekend:

The purser greeted me by name and wished me a happy new year. She then went over to greet a couple of other pax in my part of the C cabin.

Before the first meal service an FA came to ask my meal choice. I was sitting at the back of the middle C cabin, so they could have run out of my choice by the time they reached me. For the second meal service no one came to ask me for my preference but the FA anticipated what I wanted based on my earlier choice. I could have selected an alternative if I wanted.

As a newbie SEN I might have been overwhelmed by this treatment if I hadn’t read this thread beforehand
Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
As a newbie SEN I might have been overwhelmed by this treatment if I hadn’t read this thread beforehand
You should.
From now on, things will go downhill.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 1:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by flysurfer
You should.
From now on, things will go downhill.
Thanks for the tip!
I know how to behave in the back of the bus
Old Jan 8, 2008, 3:23 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
Well, just enjoy the benefits, but don't count on them

I know how to behave in the back of the bus
Actually the SEN benefits are in economy better than in C, as the extra service is greater compared to the economy-service! I have enjoyed this on four eco-interconti flights this year: 'champagne' (is it real champagne? usually i don't drink that, but was accompanied), business amenity kits, business class breakfast, 75% special greeting by the purser, ...and this, of course, sitting in exit row with a trolley under me feet to create TFBERB (TheFlyingBau31888ExitRowBed)
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:13 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by bau31888

Actually the SEN benefits are in economy better than in C, as the extra service is greater compared to the economy-service! I have enjoyed this on four eco-interconti flights this year: 'champagne' (is it real champagne? usually i don't drink that, but was accompanied), business amenity kits, business class breakfast, 75% special greeting by the purser, ...and this, of course, sitting in exit row with a trolley under me feet to create TFBERB (TheFlyingBau31888ExitRowBed)
This makes me now somewhat envious. My last flight in Y ZRH-MIA with LX I had not even exit row and nothing special at all!! Additionally the unbelievible lousy A330 cabin, on which it's not possible to adjust the "reclinement".
Sorry for the rant, just needed to get that of my chest.
W
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Wombelero
TMy last flight in Y ZRH-MIA with LX I had not even exit row and nothing special at all!!
I always thought the terms "SEN benefits" and "LX" are mutually exclusive.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:20 am

Actually the SEN benefits are in economy better than in C, as the extra service is greater compared to the economy-service!
I carry my own LH-Y survival kit consisting of ear plugs, eye mask, socks, tooth brush, etc. far superior to anything in LH-C amenity kits . I also had a trolley – having realised that I’m not tall enough to use the crew seat in front as a footrest.

Much of my effort was wasted since I was op-upped once again - 4 out of 4 since I turned SEN . I know that won’t last…
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

4 out of 4 since I turned SEN . I know that won’t last…
What is it with you?
Do they confuse you with a movie star or what?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:27 am

What is it with you?
Do they confuse you with a movie star or what?
A movie star with a Y ticket?
In that case they should upgrade me to F
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:43 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
Originally Posted by Wombelero
This makes me now somewhat envious. My last flight in Y ZRH-MIA with LX I had not even (...)
I always thought the terms "SEN benefits" and "LX" are mutually exclusive.
Well, flysurfer ist correct. All my flights were on LH metal

I also had a trolley – having realised that I’m not tall enough to use the crew seat in front as a footrest.
Don' trust on that!!! Some FA and/or purser won't allow you to use the crewseat on the 747 for whatever reason!

Much of my effort was wasted since I was op-upped once again - 4 out of 4 since I turned SEN . I know that won’t last…
That's luck, now I'm envious... I'm still waiting for my first relevant (=interconti) upgrade on LH. Maybe tomorrow from C->F... hmm, not very realistic with 9 in all revenue bookingclasses and 4 in all award classes.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:54 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
I carry my own LH-Y survival kit consisting of ear plugs, eye mask, socks, tooth brush, etc.
No codeine?!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 5:58 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Well, flysurfer ist correct.
korrekt!!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:20 am

Programs: LH/LX
Don' trust on that!!! Some FA and/or purser won't allow you to use the crewseat on the 747 for whatever reason!
They don't like you to sit there because of the oxygene mask, which is for the FA in an emergency case. But your feet won't need the oxygene mask......
Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by andre1970
No codeine?!
There's still some free alcohol in the back of the bus on LH
Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hennessy
But your feet won't need the oxygene mask......
The FA might need the oxygen mask because of his feet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.