Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

No more emergency exit reservations for SENs in Y?! [no more ASR of any exit rows]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more emergency exit reservations for SENs in Y?! [no more ASR of any exit rows]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by luxair
Not really an important change towards the SEN Status.
As one can see by the virtual non-reaction to these news.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, American Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
As one can see by the virtual non-reaction to these news.
Well sure there is reaction to it because most people react to changes and want to keep the current situation but sooner or later most people will still be flying LH and have reacted to the changed police by using 24h fon check in or one of the many other possibilities.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:54 am
hch

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Seems like a SEN+ traveling with a HON perk
Talking about SEN+. On a recent STR->FRA leg every pax on the manifest was either HON+ or SEN+. Given that this is a flight with about 0% O&D pax the has a connection flight explanation would make some sense. Or not, who knows

For those complaining about pax looking at the manifest, they sticked it on the wall so that everyone who was waiting near the door for all the other pax to find their seat had to see it..
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:55 am
hch

Originally Posted by sentom
shorthaul? i got exit rows shorthaul almost all the time without asking for it as well. but i was never able to get a longhaul exit row on OS in advance. it always worked out at the gate though, sometimes even only 20-30mins before boarding started...
I haven't flown OS lounghaul since they stopped flying to Australia. And if I remember correctly they don't have any exit rows in C anyway.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Well sure there is reaction to it because most people react to changes and want to keep the current situation but sooner or later most people will still be flying LH and have reacted to the changed police by using 24h fon check in or one of the many other possibilities.
Maybe. But I will not book LH economy long-haul anymore. For me, when I fly personally, and not on miles, it will be in economy. Therefore, for me, LH was the best as I had an exit row guaranteed. Now, not anymore.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:12 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
I always get what I want at check-in so I do not complain.
Time to develop more ambitious desires mate .

What about op-ups, seat blocking, being placed next to the blondest girl aboard?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by weero
Time to develop more ambitious desires mate .

What about op-ups, seat blocking, being placed next to the blondest girl aboard?
The last blond girl I sat next to was pretty u*** but was from Sweden. Also she had a horrible fever, I was not too pleased. Fortunately, she agreed to cough towards the aisle (I was in 24A, she was in 24C)
I made way better experience with a Russian brunette. She was in 24E, I was in 24G and her mother was in 24D. Apparently, I was "OK" to her mother, so she discretely encouraged her daughter to talk to me After we landed, I was more interested to get out of the plane and pass immigration instead of asking for her name and telephone number (she studies in Munich ^^) I can be such an ......
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by bau31888
..LHrelate, I really hope, you will come back with an positive response to this issue!
Am I the only one who seriously hopes that Michelle will be coming back with a negative response on said topic ?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 10:30 am

The last blond girl I sat next to was pretty u*** but was from Sweden. Also she had a horrible fever, I was not too pleased. Fortunately, she agreed to cough towards the aisle (I was in 24A, she was in 24C)
I made way better experience with a Russian brunette. She was in 24E, I was in 24G and her mother was in 24D. Apparently, I was "OK" to her mother, so she discretely encouraged her daughter to talk to me After we landed, I was more interested to get out of the plane and pass immigration instead of asking for her name and telephone number (she studies in Munich ^^) I can be such an ......
At least there is one person on the forum who takes me serious .
Not really an important change towards the SEN Status. I guess most SEN's are not booking long-haul economy anyway..
Let me guess: you don't make a living by guessing things, do you ?

Several HONs travel LH longhaul Y now-and-then. Not always but now and then.

But your response requires the mandatory counter response: you obviously fly on paid tickets: what makes you become, hold, and stick to being an LH SEN? What perks are now left for you which a generic *G would not enjoy?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:10 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, American Platinum Pro
At least there is one person on the forum who takes me serious .

Let me guess: you don't make a living by guessing things, do you ?

Several HONs travel LH longhaul Y now-and-then. Not always but now and then.

But your response requires the mandatory counter response: you obviously fly on paid tickets: what makes you become, hold, and stick to being an LH SEN? What perks are now left for you which a generic *G would not enjoy?

Right I don't make a living from guessing things

For Business trips I do get paid business class so there it doesn't matter. For privat intra european trips I regulary fly a combination of LG/LH in economy where the LG Courtesy Card (only from Business trips) is useless and to my knowledge LH is the only airline offering miles for flying LG.

Last edited by luxair; Feb 14, 2008 at 11:11 am Reason: mistake
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:46 am

Programs: LH HON
There seems to be light on the horizon

Rumours say that our friends at LH seem to "enhance" their reservation system at the moment.
Work should be finished by the end of March. As we are talking IT here, it is not clear whether it will be March 2008 or March 2009
After the dust has settled everything should be back to normal.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

cheers
zara
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by andre1970
Because fitness is not forever, like diamonds. And hence having it stored is immaterial. It's not like the eye color...
Anybody ever heard of e.g. breaking a leg or twisting an ankle? @:-)
True. And this makes it the perfect ammo for this ridiculous change. My friend was barred by SQ to sit in her carefully conquered exit row seat (she likes SQ, so that's the deserved punishment) because she had one broken finger.

Now that I flew to SYD on SQ Y (I know, won't happen again) and all the exit rows in the upper deck were occupied with families with very small children...
Safety first .... unless something unsafe can reduce the workload of the crew a tad ...

As I have to hop to private event in ZRH in a month, I won't have to consider LH anymore but can focus on SQ or LX, I guess .
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC

As I have to hop to private event in ZRH in a month, I won't have to consider LH anymore but can focus on SQ or LX, I guess .
That is safer for you anyway. Weero and exit row is double trouble

Yes, I do take you serious
Old Feb 14, 2008, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zara
There seems to be light on the horizon
The light at the end of the tunnel is the train coming towards you.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 1:13 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Originally Posted by zara
Rumours say that our friends at LH seem to "enhance" their reservation system at the moment.
Work should be finished by the end of March. As we are talking IT here, it is not clear whether it will be March 2008 or March 2009
After the dust has settled everything should be back to normal.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

cheers
zara
Aw, man. I keep telling everyone you guys all find stuff out before even we know about it at LH!

Anyway zara is right, it is not an intentional program change; rather a temporary symptom of the newly launched (Monday) common IT platform which UA/SK/LH/OS(?) have adopted together.

Goal of CITP as you all know from the previous press releases is to fix the times that partner systems don't talk to each other. I know it might be bumpy in the short term but please bear with us while we iron out the kinks

In the meantime the stations and call centers are aware of the problem.

Best,
Michelle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.