Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Old Jan 29, 2008, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I've been lurking on FT for a couple of months now (AAdvantage forum) and found this forum last week. My name's Paul, 4 months away from turning 40 , originally from London but been living in Buenos Aires for the last 4 years. Big travel junkie and trips planned so far this year include Chile, NYC, Miami, London, Lisbon and Mexico City. Fortunately, my partner of 2 years is as keen on travel as I am ^

For those of you who haven't visited Buenos Aires - get down here! It's a fantastic city. If you need any advice, please shout. Suerte!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 11:13 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Welcome to the forum Paul! I'll warn you, Buenos Aires is a popular destination - an offer of advice could keep you quite busy. Hope we'll hear from you often.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA, WN, AS, CO, SPG, HGP, FPC
UnitedRhapsody/Scott/25/ANC

Hi, I'm Scott. I'm a Master's student, working toward a MS in Aviation Management. Most of my travel is pleasure travel. I'm a home-based travel agent, and I work for an Alaska regional airline. I fly United, mostly, and my favorite destination is London.

Oh, and I'm single.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 12:38 am

Welcome to the forum, Scott! Though we're not a dating service, who knows who you'll meet here
Old Feb 6, 2008, 4:44 pm

Travis, NYC

hey everyone

I'm Travis, 36, from New York and have been lurking on FT for a long time, only recently decided to take the plunge and start posting. Currently going back to school and going for my master's, studying to be a Physician Assistant. I do lots of volunteer work, esp internationally, and am always interested in meeting people. Work mostly with my non-profit, Health Equity Project www.healthequityproject.org ('who we are' link has a bit more about me).

Fly mostly United/*A, former Premier but didn't travel much last year and hating having no status again. Hopefully will change by next year but it sure sucks right now. Help!

-travis

Last edited by nyctravis; Feb 6, 2008 at 6:04 pm
Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:00 pm

Welcome to the forum, Travis. From the looks of recent threads, there are plenty of eligible 1Ks for you to suck up . . . erm, talk to here.

Enjoy!
Old Feb 7, 2008, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
there are plenty of eligible 1Ks for you to suck up . . . erm, talk to here.
I'm hoovering! I'm hoovering!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:20 am

Michael, 34, NCL, Newcastle UK

If only to double (I think) the current representation on this thread from UK members, I thought I'd say hello.....

So: Attached, stiff upper lip, presently VERY disappointed with CX.

Addicted to: F & J, the BA Forum, Tunnock's Caramel Wafers.

Work: Sports Industry then Motor Industry now own business consultancy.

Home: By the river a couple of minutes walk from a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

State of Mind: Pretty good really.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:57 am

Welcome to the second gayest forum on Flyertalk, Michael! (You're already mentioned the gayest as one of your addictions )

Have no fear. Some of you UK boys and girls occasionally escape the BA Forum and chat down here.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 1:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Wink GWM/SFO all over USA...

:-: I'm Derick, 31, business consultant for a large software company based in St. Paul. I'm on the road 99% of the time, mostly US travel. If I'm not traveling for work, I'm traveling the world for pleasure (Argentina, Australia, Europe...) with my partner of 9 years. We live in a scenic suburb about 30 mins. NE of San Francisco. :-:

:-: I've been lurking the posts for about a year now and this is my very first post. I love nature, music, home decor, movies, playing with the feline son/sidekick, and meeting new people in new places!

Last edited by Derick; Feb 13, 2008 at 2:06 pm
Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:17 pm

Welcome Derick! It's a shame you missed the SF Gayla, and we hope to see more of you around the forum.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 4:11 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
I'm Omar, 21, in Cambridge, MA (BOS) currently in my junior year of undergrad and looking for/interviewing for summer internships now. I'll probably end up in some sort of business consulting position if I'm lucky enough to get an offer in this market...

Anyway, I've been around FT for a while now but only recently ventured into this forum. I'm a mileage and travel junkie and enjoy random weekend jaunts to far-flung locations around the world. I recently completed an RTW last summer with a couple friends who I've since converted to my FTer lifestyle.

I also remain single--not many can seem to comprehend my love (or is it addiction?) of travel, especially at my age.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 3:06 pm

Programs: NW WP Plat, HH Gold, Citi PPE, etc
Hi guys. I have been lurking here, NW, and Hilton forums for about a year now, and finally decided to take the plunge and start posting. I am 23 and recently moved to Philadelphia, PA from Alabama (yes, I still have the accent). I am a money manager for a private equity firm, and travel often for work and fun. I am a plat with NW, and fly them and CO almost exclusivly. I am looking forward to my new life as a FTer .

Oh, and I am single as well
Old Feb 26, 2008, 5:20 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome chewy3 & jujumon1984!!!!
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:09 pm

Programs: CO, AS, WN, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Hi Guys, took the big plunge and signed up today. I'm 45 - yikes!- and live in PHX. I fly for one the "legacy" carriers and am based in EWR. Guess which one! lol.. So if you have any questions about CO, and our inflight product and services, just ask!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.