Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about status at SPG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about status at SPG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 3:28 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Transfers to most airlines take up to 30 days, except U.S. based airlines which take up to 14 days instead.

Here is some other information that you might find useful.

Most airlines transfer on a 1:1 Starpoints/miles ratio, with a minimum transfer amount of 2,500 Starpoints. And when transferring 20,000 Starpoints or more in a single transaction, we also add 5,000 bonus air miles with our compliments.

Both names on your SPG account and your airline program must match exactly. In addition, once the transfer is confirmed, it is irreversible.

Thank you and have a nice day!

[email protected]

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Apr 3, 2008 at 11:12 am Reason: copied from another thread
Old Apr 2, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I've seen the same 5-night limitation for C&P at a different property FWIW. So it must be standard............
Yes, you can only book five nights at a time when booking Cash & Points online. I've never searched for it through the reservation system, so I would have to take someone else's word for it being a limitation also booking through the Customer Contact Center.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:15 pm

Minimum Transfer amount is based on member level
o 2,500 for Preferred, Preferred Plus and Corporate
o 1,500 for Gold
o 1 for Platinum

[email protected]

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Apr 2, 2008 at 10:53 pm Reason: Copied from another thread
Old Apr 3, 2008, 7:21 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Great thread - thanks ^.

I read it all but didnt see this answer.

Q: What happens if you have Gold status but dont requalify for next year? Do you go back to General member or are you down to Preferred Plus?

I am working hard to make sure this doesnt happen to me , but just wondering
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Great thread - thanks ^.

I read it all but didnt see this answer.

Q: What happens if you have Gold status but dont requalify for next year? Do you go back to General member or are you down to Preferred Plus?

I am working hard to make sure this doesnt happen to me , but just wondering
Preferred Plus is an associated, not published, level. If you have an association of some kind that gives you Preferred Plus, then you would drop down to that level. If not, then Preferred.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I haven't been able to get a definitive answer, but from my searching it appears there is no way to view past Folio's online at SPG.com... Is that correct? What are the options for getting them? Calling the hotel directly and have it faxed?

Is there any chance they'll add this feature? As a HHonors Diamond turned SPG Plat, I must say, the ability to just log in and print off Folio's is a nice feature to have for expense reporting time!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by kcnwa
I haven't been able to get a definitive answer, but from my searching it appears there is no way to view past Folio's online at SPG.com... Is that correct? What are the options for getting them? Calling the hotel directly and have it faxed?
You can call Hotel Customer Service at 800-328-6242 or send them an email to [email protected] to request a copy of your hotel bill.

Is there any chance they'll add this feature? As a HHonors Diamond turned SPG Plat, I must say, the ability to just log in and print off Folio's is a nice feature to have for expense reporting time!
Perhaps some day, but not at the moment.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
You can call Hotel Customer Service at 800-328-6242 or send them an email to [email protected] to request a copy of your hotel bill.
SPG definitely has HHonors beat with their presence on FT.

Starwood Lurker(s) = Awesomeness.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 5:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum
Status Match

Question:

I just received a status match to SPG Platinum. How long does this Platinum Status match last? Do I have to requalify by the end of this year or do I have until 2009 to do it? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 4, 2008, 12:35 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Preferred Plus is an associated, not published, level. If you have an association of some kind that gives you Preferred Plus, then you would drop down to that level. If not, then Preferred.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Thanks William

I do have an AAA membership (but its for an Australian Automobile Assoc based in Oz). Not sure if that would count??

Anyway as I said, I am working on being Gold for another year (have an MR soon), but its always good to know if there is a fall back position .

Danpod - thats a cool status match .
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:15 am

Hi Danpod,

Just like any recently renewed Platinum member, you would need to credit 25 stays or 50 nights per calendar year in order to maintain your Platinum status. If not, your status will be dropped to Gold most likely end of February the following year.

Let me review your account before I advise further, will send you a PM now.

[email protected]

Originally Posted by Danpod
Question:

I just received a status match to SPG Platinum. How long does this Platinum Status match last? Do I have to requalify by the end of this year or do I have until 2009 to do it? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 4, 2008, 9:12 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Danpod
Question:

Danpod, it's my understanding that if you apply in January or February, your status match is good thru the end of the year. If you apply on March 1 or later, your status match is good thru the end of the following year.

When your membership card arrives, you'll see the expiration date.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 2:22 pm

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
I just joined SPG back in February (therefore a lowly Preferred Guest), but I have lost my card, and when I tried to print the temp one when I ordered a new one today, it was so danged small, I could barely read it! Is there any way I could get a bigger version of my temp card emailed to me, as I am staying at the Sheraton Seattle in just over two weeks...

I don't know if I need it, but I definitely want it just in case I need it.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by wsucougarchick05
I just joined SPG back in February (therefore a lowly Preferred Guest), but I have lost my card, and when I tried to print the temp one when I ordered a new one today, it was so danged small, I could barely read it! Is there any way I could get a bigger version of my temp card emailed to me, as I am staying at the Sheraton Seattle in just over two weeks...

I don't know if I need it, but I definitely want it just in case I need it.
Hi wsucougarchick05,

You have a PM!

[email protected]
Old Apr 5, 2008, 1:54 am

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi wsucougarchick05,

You have a PM!

[email protected]
Thanks Starwood Lurker II!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.