Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Roll Call Thread Part III - Including Maps of Our Locations in 1st Post

Old Mar 17, 2008, 11:06 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Congratulations for delurking, Calskyguy. Thanks for offering your resources and welcome!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:39 pm

Programs: American Airlines Advantage Executive Platinum Million Miler, Delta Skymiles, Best Western Platinum,
Doug, 60 JFK New York, New York

Hello, just joined this group today. frequent traveler to L.A. on American to visit friends and get out of NYC. This is my second year as an Advantage Platinum member. I'm visually impaired professional who travels for leisure not work. Looking forward to meeting fellow travelers since I generally fly alone. Unfortunately my friends cannot afford to travel as much as I do and don't like flying. Glad to have found this community of people who love to fly since people at work think I'm crazy for flying to L.A. for 48 hours.
Doug
Old Mar 20, 2008, 9:05 am

Welcome, Doug! Yeah, you're in the right place. If you'd also like extra resources on traveling for the visually impaired, there is also a forum on Flyertalk where people would discuss that specifically. Here is the link - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224
Old Mar 21, 2008, 7:02 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PM, Hilton SM, AvisFirst
After using Flyertalk as a resource for a year and a half when I really began to travel for work, I have finally started to post some. Also, I was recently introduced to this forum where I have spent a lot more time so I thought I should introduce myself. I'm a 39 year old guy that lives in Atlanta. I travel domestically for work about 75% of the time and for pleasure both international and domestic. I fly mostly Delta (as one might expect) and sleep mostly at Marriotts.

Hello to all. ^
Old Mar 21, 2008, 4:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
fooko2002/Brandon/23/PDX/Portland, OR

I thought I'd filled this out before, but I didn't find myself on the list, so I might as well do it again.

I travel a little bit for business and a bit more for pleasure. I've been making frequent trips to/from Seattle and also incorporating Seattle in my flight paths for work. I visit EWR twice a quarter and try to meet up with some FTers while there. I have enjoyed the PSP Gayla, NYC Gayla and SFO Gayla thus far and those are the only FT events that I've been to.

I fly AS as much as possible and hop on a partner if they are unavailable/do not service the route. I have yet to enjoy any international partners, but hope to do so in the near future.

I enjoy my Hilton and SPG AMEX cards and frequent those hotel chains as much as possible. That is usually work related as I am cheap when it comes to hotels and would rather save 60% than get points (read: priceline).

I have a small reputation at Gaylas...I'm the quiet one that never does things like performs with the WaWa sisters or shows off CK underwear in Toucans.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 7:28 am

It's great to have you here, Sparkee! I think you'll meet some great posters also from Atlanta here.

Brandon - I love you dearly, but you need no welcome!
Old Apr 12, 2008, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Hey everyone. Loooooooooong time reader, first time poster. Really enjoy this forum,

j
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:25 am

Congrats on getting up the courage to register and post, jmuzz! As you know, we only bite occasionally, (or if asked.)

Looking forward to further posts and discussions.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 2:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Smile

Hello, I'm Ron, 40-ish from South Florida. Lurking for a long time, thought I'd come out of the closet and just started to post here and there. (Couldn't sleep, LOL) Just wanted to say hello!
Old Apr 30, 2008, 9:24 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome to de-lurking ronp101!!!!
Old May 11, 2008, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 2P (soon to be 1P!)
Hi everyone - I'd love to introduce myself.

My name is Nick, and I'm 25 and live in NYC. I'm a new addition to FT, and I'm really happy to see that there's a GLBT forum on here. I fly cross-country mostly to see friends in California (used to live there) and I fly internationally for vacation a few times a year.

I'd love to meet some of you other GLBT FT'ers - we gotta stick together

I fly United and Star Alliance mostly - though I have some miles on NW that I'm trying to use up. I'm 2P on United, and plan on getting 1P definitely this year, and perhaps - if I'm up for a MR at the end of the year - a 1K...

Any other NYC people on here? We might already be on each others' flights without knowing it! I often think about whether anyone else on my flights is a FT'er too
Old May 11, 2008, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by JetsetNick
Any other NYC people on here? We might already be on each others' flights without knowing it! I often think about whether anyone else on my flights is a FT'er too
Hi Nick-welcome! I'm in NYC as well and also fly UA/*A-so who knows maybe we will be or have been on the same flights as well. I bought these handy-dandy little FT luggage tags awhile ago and find they have been great for getting other FT'ers to spot you. http://www.webflyer.com/ft/cart/stor...AAY&n=storetx2

-travis
Old May 11, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: QF, Skywards, SQ, Centurion
Hayden/25/SYD/Sydney AUS

Hi Everyone

Thought it would be good to let everyone know what i'm all about: I consider myself an avid flyer, the best part of a holiday for me is the flight! Great to know i'm not the only one!

I work for a swiss company here in Sydney, have a national role looking after our eBusiness applications (financial services). Don't get to travel all that much through work apart from the odd domestic flight here and there. I definately get out and about with my partner - we usually fly J in both domestic and intl and we are pretty much OW fans. We have our first *A RTW starting with Sydney to Vancouver this Saturday 17th May: will put up a trip report to let everyone know how it goes.

Anyway if theres any other people who are in Sydney, love spotting, flying and who are FSX fans, feel free to contact me - am always interested in meeting new people! Does anyone organise these "Do's" here in Oz?

Hayden
Old May 12, 2008, 8:58 am

Nick - I see you already posted in the NYC Mini-Do thread for the 10th, hope we'll see you there.

Hayden - there's an OZ contingent here and also a group of regulars who fly in yearly for Mardi Gras. Here's the thread from this year. It will give you an idea of who's local and who's a regular visitor. Don't forget you can always organize something yourself. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:04 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by haydensydney
Does anyone organise these "Do's" here in Oz?
Hayden - welcome to the GLBT forum. There has not been any GLBT "Dos" in Oz but there is an annual "general" Do in Oz - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706312 for one coming up in about two weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.