Search problems

Old May 15, 2008, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by cheepneezy
I guess because I use the 'My Flyertalk/New Subscribed Threads' feature and it displays all threads that have been updated since I last read them, I don't have an issue with that.
I think that was a workaround solution ed1 had suggested. We didn't need any workaround in the classic/old search. That's why we want to keep it in the new IB search.

Glad to know IB is working on making this (part of) search come true.
Old May 17, 2008, 3:26 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
I did a search on the terms "churning credit card" based on a thread title I had seen pop up on the home page yesterday. Nothing like that showed up in the first two pages of the search results for either the default or post date sorting.

Found the desired thread, #4 at the time in Other Credit Card Programs titled "Credit Card Churning" by just navigating to the forum.
Old May 17, 2008, 4:36 am

One Incident Report of "HTTP Status 500"

Well, I was able to "produce" one search error this morning.

Under Other Credit Card Programs Forum, I search for "churning" using the dropdown textbox in "Search This Forum", this is what I got:

Search results provided by: ibSearch from Internet Brands
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletExceptio n: Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.p rocessRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:487)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.d oPost(FrameworkServlet.java:440)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:710)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:803)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.14 logs.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.14

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:10 am.

I did a search on the terms "churning credit card" based on a thread title I had seen pop up on the home page yesterday. Nothing like that showed up in the first two pages of the search results for either the default or post date sorting.
I think IB is still working on the title search part, as Kevin indicated in post #280. Don't know they didn't specify this particular problem in the recent announcement under the Technical Issues Forum. Possibly overlooked?

I guess that's also why I got the error message noted above (even we do know a thread with the exact title, Credit Card Churning, does exist.

Last edited by lin821; May 17, 2008 at 10:54 pm Reason: colored quoted text
Old May 18, 2008, 12:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Add me to the status 500 club.

HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletExceptio n: Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.p rocessRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:487)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.d oPost(FrameworkServlet.java:440)

root cause

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.14 logs.
Old May 20, 2008, 12:07 pm

Kevin's post seems to imply that there is an issue with what date is showing up in the search results. Data 'leakage' is never a good thing.

Knowing the last date a thread has been updated doesn't seem as helpful as knowing the actual date of a post.
Poor choice of phrasing. It was the was the functionality that "leaked" not the data. In the last release we added some code to show the "last thread update" date when viewing by threads. It was never intended to affect the display when viewing by posts, but it appears that we are incorrectly handling both the same way.
Kevin
Old May 21, 2008, 12:30 pm
Internet Brands

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Add me to the status 500 club.
Thank you for reporting this issue. I sent it over to the development team to research. We'll find out what's going on and get it fixed. Thanks again!
Old May 21, 2008, 5:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

status 500 club

Add me as well - my first time to report it, but not my first time to see it:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

exception

root cause

Old May 22, 2008, 5:21 am

May 22, 2008: My 2nd Status 500 Club Report

Not again! (I was looking up another member's profile.)

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

exception

root cause

Apache Tomcat/6.0.14