Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI - Couple of queries for the BA FTers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Sugar babe - you post as often as you like.
"Sugar babe" oooohhhhhhh be still, my beating heart
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:12 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HighlandPark
I'd rather spend my money on flights and hotels than on taxis, so I'll definitely take the S-Bahn from the airport.

I'm pleased to hear the Art Hotel is good, as that's where I'm staying. Sadly there's unlikely to be any call for a romantic restaurant on this trip (though you never know).

I haven't had afternoon tea in CE for ages. I'm not sure if I should be looking forward to it or not...
I have to say that it sounds like a glorified snack - and in a lot of ways it is. It is however something that the British do very well and I for one love it. Tea is not a meal I have in the normal course of events but I love it!

The scones are fine and hot and with clotted cream and jam I am ready to abandon my customary reserve and tuck in. I do not have a particularly sweet tooth so this is a treat for me. Wash this down with the Pommery and it becomes quite decadent!

Lunch on the way out were Chicken lumps and spinach in a curry-esque sace with rice. it certainly kept the wolf from the door until dinner time.

I have to say that I was sitting with a drop dead gorgeous older man - and we ended up spending the entire weekend together. I have even taken him home and given him the run of the place.

JohnAlex - my little strawberry lollipop - you are next in line
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Oh please act your age, for goodness sake.

The only lollipop man suitable for you my dear is the one to be seen showing children across the road safely.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:06 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Well, that mental picture has rendered me useless for the rest of the day^
Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Oh please act your age, for goodness sake.

The only lollipop man suitable for you my dear is the one to be seen showing children across the road safely.
Which is how I fell into your clutches. I have come a long way from that School. When Mother found out was was going on with the Lollypop Man she had me in a private convent school before you could say Magnum!

JohnAlex - just wait and see what Mummy has for you when Uncle Moomba gets home
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:02 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
she had me in a private convent school before you could say Magnum!
Ah that explains a lot! I had heard that convent schools gave a VERY thorough eductaion. This now confirms it!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:13 am

Pucci, I trust you are not toying with me now.

I am of course prepared to swear any appropriate oath on receipt of my MUCCI should you be so gracious as to bestow one on me and of course I will pay any requisite annual subscription in the form of litres of the Bombay Blue Juniper juice. ^

Is a MUCCI anything like the Order of the Garter? If so can it please be one of your garters, worn but unwashed?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Pucci,
Is a MUCCI anything like the Order of the Garter? If so can it please be one of your garters, worn but unwashed?
Think more Norah Batty than the nobility type.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 3:09 pm

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
^^

Crikey, johnaalex, proof that the age of chivalry is not dead, it just smells a bit funny...

I await the Birthday Honours List with bated breath to either congratulate you on your ennoblement or send a bottle of Bombay to you in the Tower... if you're lucky you just might get op-downed to Y forever...
Old Jun 17, 2008, 3:26 pm

Is the voucher unique to DRS? I didn't get anything when flying from CTA last month and there is no lounge there
MUC doesn't (didn't last March anyway) have a BA lounge and so it was a voucher-job. The information wasn't volunteered at check-in, you had to ask and then a voucher was grudgingly handed out.

Funnily enough, I obviously have the mind of a fresh and glamorous debutante, as just like PUCCI I bounced the chitty for a bottle of Bombay.

Originally Posted by OPebble
Are you sure? For example I am on a 13:05 LHR > MAD tomorrow with a return on Wed at 17:30. I know from experience it won't let me check in for the return. However I sometimes get a 14:30 return and OLCI lets me check in for both legs.
I've had this too; if your inbound leg is within 24 hours of the arrival of the outbound, it seems to let you OLCI for the inbound at the same time as you OLCI the outbound at T-24(ish).

So your BA464 to MAD will land at 16:30 local, which is within 24 hours of the BA459 departure back at 14:30/15, but not within 24 hours of the BA465 at 17:30. Accordingly, you'll be able to OLCI for that BA459 at T-47.5(ish). I think!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:01 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
I tried to OLCI for AMS last week and it would not let me in. As the nice seatshifters had allocated me my preferred twenty one B out bound and the E seat back, I decided to attack the LGW darlek. Obviously it was terrified and for the first time in over a hundred attempts, it actually let me check in!

Having spat an exit row altered BP at me, it also gave me an ATB size receipt, not the six page internet thing for my records. It would not let me check in to come home later that day, so I still had to go to a desk.

It did let me check in for my TATL flight but I was confused to see that the original seat of front row Y were moved or lost completely despite MMB attempts to recover them.

Glad it seemed to work for you. That tip about lounge access was useful, I wonder if it tells you the mood of the third party lounge dragon for QFers!

I always thought that mention of Bombay was a bit difficult for the locals of DRS when in connection with flights originating in the UK!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:26 pm

Mother's ruin.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY

Thank you for the lovely picture of the last London Do. I thought at first that it was one of the Terraces but realised that there were no bottles of vintage Champagne!

If you think that I am going to ply JohnAlex with gin and take advantage of a virile powerhouse of a young man like him - you are much mistaken.

Clearly he needs no Dutch Courage or gin to show himself as a true gallant and Champion, Why can't you be like him?

Re: Nora Batty. Honi y soit qui mal y pense!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 2:20 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by spotwelder
I always thought that mention of Bombay was a bit difficult for the locals of DRS when in connection with flights originating in the UK!
I was in DRS a couple of weeks ago and leafed through the English version of a tourist booklet detailing the various sights one could go to see, notably a gorgeous collection of churches. I actually found it quited distressing because for every single entry there was a sentence like "After being burnt down in 1945..." or "Destroyed in 1945 the church was rebuilt in...". They came up with around a dozen different words for it: demolished, collapsed, destroyed, burnt down etc. etc. but didn't say "bombed" once. I don't know if they were trying to be tactful or what, but it would have read, to someone who was unaware, as if the poor town had happened to be unlucky enough to suffer a dozen random disasters, but every one in the same year!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 4:32 am

If you think that I am going to ply JohnAlex with gin and take advantage of a virile powerhouse of a young man like him - you are much mistaken.

Clearly he needs no Dutch Courage or gin to show himself as a true gallant and Champion, Why can't you be like him?
Pucci Obviously my disappointment on reading this sad news is great and I guess that bottle of Brute Aftershave will have to remain unopened in the bathroom cabinet. However, I fear that your disappointment would have been far greater had you decided to take advantage of me.
I, like many others here, am simply not worthy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.