Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Old Sep 18, 2002, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: These views are my own and do not represent the views of United Airlines

I'm not sure if this topic has already been covered, but would be curious to know what celebrities people have seen on UA flights

Saw this on the AA board... Thought it might be fun
Old Sep 18, 2002, 2:42 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I saw someone in F the other day dressed nicely with shoes and socks on who was polite and courteous....

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 2:49 pm

There are several threads on the Community Forum about this.

Here is one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/002111.html
Old Sep 18, 2002, 2:57 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, LH M&M, Finnair Plus, SPG Preferred Plus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMEL:
I saw someone in F the other day dressed nicely with shoes and socks on who was polite and courteous....

</font>
Well that's new

Celebrities eh? Let me name a few I've seen pass through SFO (not necessarily on UAX, but will notate if they were)

- Mike Tyson
- Samuel L Jackson & wife (travelling to MRY)
- José Maria Neves (Prime Minister of Cape Verde Republic, complete with entourage and Secret Service detail, and travelling to SMF)

- smooth
- greg99
- techgirl
Hey... FT'ers are celebrities too!

Kai

Old Sep 18, 2002, 3:44 pm

When I was based in LHR, I saw quite a few celebreties onboard:

1. Ashanti Douglas (LHR-JFK..sweetheart)
2. Ben Affleck and Matt Damon
(not friendly)
3. "Puff Daddy"...arriving in from JFK
4. Bill Clinton (LHR-DEL)
5. My roommate had Chelsea Clinton from LHR-JFK

-IFLYUA

P.S. I saw Madonna clearing customs one morning as I was going through Immigration
Old Sep 18, 2002, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hertz P Circle
Hmm... seems this celebrity needs to be spotted in SFO more often...

Heck, I'd be happy to be spotted anywhere!

As for me, I've seen PremEx roaming the halls of LAX and Auh2o rushing by at SNA quite a few times...
Old Sep 18, 2002, 3:54 pm

In the first class/1K check-in line at SFO:
Sean Penn (several times)
Danny Glover

Both were very nice and friendly!
Old Sep 18, 2002, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Tyra Banks from DEN-DTW. She had a cap over her head trying to go incognito but was unmistakable (and beautiful).

My two buddies met Ron Jeremy (the legendary adult film star) in PHX by the Southwest gates (classy guy that Ron). He was very gracious, talked with them for 20 minutes, then sold them t-shirts with his face on them for $20 each!
Old Sep 18, 2002, 4:35 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
Now this is my kind of topic, Cori...

The most recent I had was on UA 256 (ORD - DEN) on 8/29 (Cori...this was the fun flight I told you about...) Greg Kinnear. (He was nice, but about 8 of us in F were being wild, so he just kinda laughed. We were all talking about the changes that came out that day and he was amazed at how much we knew, and more importantly why we even cared...)

James Taylor sat behind my brother and I coming back from a Jersey Family Wedding to home in Indy

A whole bunch of Pacers (hey I am an Indy kid) Funny story there, it was just my brother and I flying back from MCO - IND for a weekend. Haywood Workman sat across the F aisle from us. My brother said very loudly, I want to shave my head. I told him to shhh, but turns out my brother ended up shaving his head and has never let it grow back in...

Willard Scott ... TWA Ambassador Club in STL October of 1987. It was horrid weather and we were delayed for hours. He sat and talked to the 4 of us about our new purchase, our house in Fort Myers. He had owned in Captiva for years and told us to go to the Bubble Room...the best! He is an amazing guy...

Nick Van Exel ... 1C on 9/30/01 LAS to DEN ... was a Nugget at that time. His mother still lives in Indy and she had her house broken into. Mr. BHH told him to have a great season and I said I am sorry about your mom...

We have definitely seen a number more. I know my mom saw Columbo years ago...
Old Sep 18, 2002, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by annabanana:
In the first class/1K check-in line at SFO:
Sean Penn (several times)
Danny Glover

Both were very nice and friendly!
</font>
I could've sworn I saw Sean Penn in early July at SFO. I was at the 1k room, waiting for the front desk to save my butt yet again, and in walks Sean Penn, looking a bit confused. He's wearing sun glasses, with a backpack, and I think his wife and 2 kids are following behind. He kind of mutters "where's the red carpet room"? The front desk ushers him to the RCC, and I'm left wondering "was that Sean Penn"? Was a pretty neat experience, since I had just seen the movie "I am Sam"...
Old Sep 18, 2002, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IFLYUA:
5. My roommate had Chelsea Clinton from LHR-JFK

-IFLYUA

</font>
Wow, that's a long way to "have" someone!

Old Sep 18, 2002, 6:06 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by transpac:
Wow, that's a long way to "have" someone!

</font>
Especially Chelsea !!!!

Old Sep 18, 2002, 6:46 pm

Programs: United
I "had" Chelsea on a flight from Aspen to Denver. It was a quickie. I had boarded already, in row 3F if I recall correctly. On walked two secret service guys and kicked out the passengers sitting in 3A and 3C. I think the passengers had just sat in those seats and hadn't been assigned them. Then in walked Chelsea and her boyfriend at the time. (This was probably 1997).

I'm a straight man but the boyfriend was an objectively decent looking guy. Chelsea is not necessarily the prettiest, objectively speaking (don't want to offend anyone). I guess that proves Kissinger's theory that power is the ultimate aphrodesiac. (sp?).

This doesn't really count since it wasn't on a United flight but it was part of a United run: I was in Rio for a day and a half this May with my brother on a run and, while hanging out with a friend of my brother who lives in Rio, the friend ran into a friend of his. The guy turned out to be an extremely (and I mean extremely) famous Brazilian television star. His name is Zeca Camargo. He hosts Brazil's version of Survivor and Big Brother, along with a Sunday night show watched by 80 million people. We hung out with him for a while and had lunch with him both Saturday and Sunday. We even strolled up the beach at Ipanema with him. People were coming up asking for his autograph, his picture, etc. It was really bizarre because the guy was just incredibly famous but to me and my brother, who hadn't heard of him from Adam's off ox, he was nobody special. And by nobody special, I mean, he wasn't famous to us. But he was incredibly nice, not just to us but to all of his fans. It was a really cool experience.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 6:58 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
A couple of years back, I flew LAX-IAD with Robert DuVall. Even though he had aged, he still looked like he could kick my butt.

[This message has been edited by dbmaury (edited 09-18-2002).]
Old Sep 18, 2002, 7:22 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
EWR-SFO - I was asked nicely, while already seated, if I would change my F seat as they needed to seat some folks together. Well I gave up my aisle seat, and later got a handshake and thank you from Bruce Springstein who wanted to sit next to his wife.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.