Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Finding points promotions on the web site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2002, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

I find the HHonors web site very difficult to use. I have yet to be able to go to a single page or link to locate current promotions. Search as I might, to no avail, can I find any reference to the current Double Points, Double Miles promotion, nor to what I thought was a special current Diners Club promo. Not to mention the fact that there is an internet booking bonus.

Does anyone have a link that will take me to the appropriate page that lists such promotions? How do others find out what's current in the HHonors program, beyond what gets posted here in FT? [Afterall, the newsletter/account statement takes forever to reach me by mail.]
Old Mar 5, 2002, 3:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I find the best source is FT. Hilton seems to not want you to know about many promos. Sometimes they are just in news releases, sometimes on the front page and sometimes at the hotel site.
Old Mar 5, 2002, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
This is the only page I know that shows some of the current promotions.
http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/

------------------
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Old Mar 5, 2002, 8:22 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
It is difficult sometimes to find promotion, this last Double Miles promotion they had, and they even had the nerve of displaying "You found Miles!" Which was buried among their pages, and if I had not found the link in FT, I would probably have not found it. FT is your best choice.

Try

http://www.mileageworkshop.com/
Old Mar 5, 2002, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No disagreement here. It is so difficult to use that I used to go to Marriots to find hotels because their site was so much easier. However, now that I am HH Gold and addicted to upgraded rooms, I put up with the difficult Hilton site.
Old Mar 6, 2002, 5:32 pm
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChaseTheMiles:
No disagreement here. It is so difficult to use that I used to go to Marriots to find hotels because their site was so much easier. However, now that I am HH Gold and addicted to upgraded rooms, I put up with the difficult Hilton site.</font>
This is by no means an exhaustive list of offerings, but do try:

http://members.shaw.ca/rewardscanada/hhonors.html

Old May 14, 2002, 7:11 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">This is by no means an exhaustive list of offerings, but do try:

http://members.shaw.ca/rewardscanada/hhonors.html
</font>
Due to demand and requests for it I have tried to update this list to make it more 'exhaustive' and I will try to keep it updated as much as possible

------------------
Rewards Canada Frequent Flier Resource
Rewards Canada
Scouring the web for the best travel deals
Rewards Canada Travel

[This message has been edited by superdawg (edited 05-14-2002).]
Old May 14, 2002, 3:56 pm

Here is one I have found useful. The site allows deal and bonus searches by airline, hotel and credit card.

Copy and paste
http://www.webflyer.com/deals/bonus_promotions/

First attempt at hotlink in this forum

John

Last edited by Tim at WebFlyer; Mar 1, 2006 at 2:31 pm
Old May 14, 2002, 3:59 pm

Whoops,

After link posted in above post, click BONUS BULLETIN under either domestic or international.

John
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:30 pm

Just bringing this thread back up (since it still at times seems hard to find bonus promos on the Hilton site) to let you all know that my HHonors Bonus page is still being updated regularily at:

www.frequentflyerbonuses.com/hhonors.html

It lists the majority of bonus promos (non-targetted) available on one easy to read page

Last edited by superdawg; Feb 21, 2006 at 3:40 pm
Old Feb 21, 2006, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, UA silver, Hertz PC
Thanks for the update
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by superdawg
Just bringing this thread back up (since it still at times seems hard to find bonus promos on the Hilton site) to let you all know that my HHonors Bonus page is still being updated regularily at:

Great memory and great use of the search function -- for those who didn't notice, last prior post was in 2002.

Nice site, too.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 5:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by superdawg

It lists the majority of bonus promos (non-targetted) available on one easy to read page
Thanks very much for this - I had mislaid my e-statement and the "view last statement" function at hilton.com seems to crash my laptop! I knew there were some current UK offers but couldn't find them until you posted this
Old Mar 4, 2006, 12:38 pm

I typically do a search in my desired area of travel. Then, when a list of the hotels comes up, I click on the name of each individual hotel and click on "Special Offers" section on the page of this specific hotel (typically the very right item on the menu).

This is, of course, very time consuming but you can find special promos (e.g. Double Points and Miles at certain San Francisco hotels) or special rates. If the hotel has several promotions, one would need to check out a link for each promo to see the rate offered for this promo. It is a very lengthy process but it can yield some great results.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by fungirl
This is, of course, very time consuming but you can find special promos (e.g. Double Points and Miles at certain San Francisco hotels) or special rates. If the hotel has several promotions, one would need to check out a link for each promo to see the rate offered for this promo. It is a very lengthy process but it can yield some great results.
Tell me about it! Updating the HHonors page for my website is one of the if not the most time consuming section!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.