Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Matching Aeroplan for Canadian residents ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2003, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

AA Matching Aeroplan for Canadian residents ?

There were posts before stating that AA will stop matching Aeroplan status thresholds for Canadian residents, banking on the fact that Air Canada was going under. But now AC has lowered the thresholds further for 2004...

Prestige 15K miles (from 18K)
Elite 30K miles (from 35K)
SuperElite 85K miles (from 100K)

Elite is only 5K miles more than Gold on AA..... Wondering if there is a story here.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

AA has already stopped allowing lower qualification levels for Canadian members, so I doubt they'll do anything in response to Air Canada's latest attempt to draw people back to Aeroplan.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 10:36 pm

Seems like a good time for me to try out AC, with only 30K for "Plat".

------------------
Spare the miles, spoil the flight!
Old Dec 13, 2003, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Plato90s:
AA has already stopped allowing lower qualification levels for Canadian members, so I doubt they'll do anything in response to Air Canada's latest attempt to draw people back to Aeroplan.</font>
Especially since one of the things you have to do is actually fly on Air Canada to get to the 30,000 mile level, a/k/a a fate worse than death.

I fly to the Vancouver area from Toronto via ORD-SEA-BLI (on AS) to avoid them.

Old Dec 15, 2003, 7:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ricktoronto:
Especially since one of the things you have to do is actually fly on Air Canada to get to the 30,000 mile level, a/k/a a fate worse than death.</font>
The worst customer service you have had from AA will fall in the upper midrange of what you can expect from AC.
Old Dec 15, 2003, 8:38 am

Maple I would seriously reconsider using AC, as I have had nothing but problems with them. Like the time my bags sat at BDL for 3 days when they didn't make my flight home (just one problem out of many I have had with them). Finally an AA person found them and alerted AC who took 2 more days to deliver them. I would pay more and go for longer routings to avoid them. I love the country but hate the airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.