Any Business Class Consolidator for AA International

Old Feb 21, 2004, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Any Business Class Consolidator for AA International

Does anyone know of a Business Class Consolidator for AA Tickets to Europe & South America ??

Old Feb 22, 2004, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Try AA Vacations. Their packaged fare is usually lower than just the Business Class airfare alone.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 8:43 am
Original Poster

But you need to buy a land component with it. I was told that some folks who fly AA often know of Agents that provide cheap D Class fares to Europe and other destinations.

S
Old Feb 22, 2004, 2:09 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by swaghmar:
Does anyone know of a Business Class Consolidator for AA Tickets to Europe & South America ??

</font>
If flying to South America just buy a FCC01-Seven day Advance Purchase Incentive Flight certificate - Bookable in D Class - Upgradeable and only $2599. The present published Business Class from LAX to BUE is around $7000. There is a Certificate to Europe but is not as good value, for Europe just buy the lowest Coach Class fare on a Transatlantic 767 and use miles to upgrade. Check for C class upgrade availability before booking and you should be able to fly for around $700 plus 50,000 miles [@2cents a mile] RT Transatlantic J is $1700.

The Deals are there if you search.

http://www.americanairlinesincentive...egory_Code=FCC

------------------
Bring Back First Class Food on ALL flights over 2.5 hours
Old Feb 22, 2004, 5:01 pm

KentownFlorida

Thanks for the info on the flight certs

I did not know they existed

Certainly some of the prices are a very good deal. J to S.A and J to Asia

It says only valid on AA, but it does not mention valid only on AA marketed and operated flights.

So could I use one of these say to KUL via NRT?

So anyone can buy these certificates . Correct?

Old Feb 22, 2004, 5:22 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
[QUOTE]Originally posted by eireman:
[B]KentownFlorida

Thanks for the info on the flight certs

I did not know they existed

Certainly some of the prices are a very good deal. J to S.A and J to Asia

Think they are only valid on Point to Point American metal and only obligatory stopover under 24 hours. Your are only going to find low cost consolidator fares if you remain on one airline and avoid Code Shares or Interlining, once you start wanting the Full Service you have to start paying the Full Price. The Best Deal LAX-KUL which might suit you is the American/JAL Codeshare fare with Expedia.com Around $3240 in Business Class: Miles and Points on Codeshare sectors but not upgradeable.

Anybody can buy the AA Incentive Vouchers

------------------

[This message has been edited by KentownFlorida (edited Feb 22, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by KentownFlorida (edited Feb 22, 2004).]
Old Feb 22, 2004, 5:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Kentown,

Wow. Another bit of valuable information... and form what I see on the pages, using the Seven day Advance Purchase Incentive Flight certificate still means earning Q miles and points, right?

Search is right... thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2004, 5:39 pm

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KentownFlorida:
[b]
Originally posted by eireman:
KentownFlorida

Think they are only valid on Point to Point American metal...
</font>
This would be worth checking to South America. I know for instance that the Incentive tix to Australia are not on AA (they are booked on QF, obviously b/c there is no AA metal down there). From memory if you go online to purchase one, the restrictions about operator come up at the bottom of the page.

Actually, just checked and it is AA metal only.

[This message has been edited by eamus (edited Feb 22, 2004).]
Old Feb 22, 2004, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Do you earn the D Class mileage on these tickets if booked in D.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 6:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by swaghmar:
Do you earn the D Class mileage on these tickets if booked in D.</font>
D is now 150% same as J plus Full Q Points and Triple Miles if you Qualified.

------------------
Old Feb 22, 2004, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eamus:

Actually, just checked and it is AA metal only.

</font>
So how do they offer Australia fares then?

------------------
"Rows 50 and above are business seats for those with infants" - gfowler-ord-1k
SkyTeam - "The whatever's leftover Alliance"
Old Feb 22, 2004, 7:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ByrdluvsAWACO:
So how do they offer Australia fares then?

</font>

AAh Different Rule for Australia and New Zealand:

"Travel is valid only on American Airlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection and through our oneworld alliance partner Qantas Airways."

Most likely they can do this because Qantas are a Full One World Members whereas, EVAir,JAL,ChinaEastern are just Milage partners.Please dont ask me why they cant do it with Cathay Pacific to South East Asia.

------------------
Old Feb 22, 2004, 7:47 pm

Open jaws allowed????

I often have to book LAX to GRU and back LIM to LAX on Aa and buy separate tix for GRU to LIM
Old Feb 22, 2004, 11:00 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Hmm. These look interesting. Where do you find the fare rules for these? Particularly, I'm interested in finding out the stopover rules and whether they are upgradeable with miles or, in the U.S., with stickers.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:39 am

Don't just rush out and buy an Incentive Flight Certificate expecting to get on the flights you want, especially in D class to South America. I checked into it not too long ago and there were no available D fares for weeks on end to EZE. Sure, they exist, but the promo material for the program doesn't clearly let you know that seats can be very limited and very hard to find. I didn't check F or Y.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.