Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Park Ridge, King of Prussia, PA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Park Ridge, King of Prussia, PA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2000, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Park Ridge, King of Prussia, PA [Master Thread]

I spent last night at this property and just wanted to post my thoughts. I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It has recently been branded as a Sheraton and I tend to be leery of new properties as mentioned in my post about the College Park hotel.

This property is located about a mile from the King of Prussia mall and the PA Turnpike. It's an older hotel, it's been under lots of different names. Check in was very efficient, and I was put on the Club level once I presented my Platinum Preferred Guest card. I was impressed by this since I booked the room through Priceline and only paid $20 for the room! The agent never even mentioned the low rate.

The club lounge was impressive. It reminded me of the one in the Atlantic City Convention center Sheraton though not as big. The Concierge was on hand to make sure I was taken care of. She even brought me a bucket of ice prior to the lounge closing wthout me asking. The room was obviosly recently renovated, it was large and very nice. The bathroom was well lighted and also recently redone. There was no amenity waiting but then again I booked through Priceline and had no idea I was Platinum. Room service was a let down, it took forever and the food was lousy but otherwise this was a great stay and a very impressive property.

David
Old Jun 18, 2000, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
I just spent last evening at this hotel. I got a $60 rate using a ClickIt weekend web rate, but your $20 is really impressive! One problem I have found with the ClickIt rates is you can’t input your SPG number. I have even called the Platinum desk and they can’t input it in the reservation after the fact either. One Platinum desk person even called the hotel to have them input the number, and even that didn’t work! This of course means you will not get any pre-allocated upgrades and must be content with what is left at check in. In my case this was a regular room with access to the closed club lounge (they did provide either a room service or restaurant continental breakfast in lieu of the lounge, but I had to ask about it… it was not volunteered.)

For $60 the hotel is very good value. At $20 it is a steal. The hotel has just gone through a $6.5 million renovation, so all of the rooms are indeed renovated.
Old Mar 24, 2001, 5:37 am

Programs: USAir-Chairman's Preferred; HHonors-Diamond
Sheraton - Park Ridge Valley Forge

I stayed at the Park Ridge in King of Prussia, PA this past week, what a dump for the money ($179). Construction in the lobby, the room was small, limited TV channels and the beds were apparently made by a 10 year old (very sloppy).
Stayed another night at the Fairfield Inn, not fantastic, but better than the Park Ridge and only $117 WITH a free breakfast (not offered at the Park Ridge). Finally on another night I found home sweet home at the DoubleTree (Hilton) in Plymouth Meeting, PA, only $99 for a 2 room suite a very nice place.
Just in case any of you are looking for great accomodations in the Philadelphia suburbs ... stay at the DoubleTree (IMHO).
Old Mar 25, 2001, 10:23 am
Original Poster

I stayed here last year on the Club floor. The Club rooms are beautiful. The spread in the lounge was nothing special though. I was upgraded as a platinum.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 7:37 pm

Sheraton Great Valley Hotel - PA

I searched for information on the Sheraton Great Valley Hotel and I only found the following link. Does anyhone have additional information on this property that they would like to share? Thanks in advance for your help.

------------------
AA Platinum, Delta Gold, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont President's Club Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold

[This message has been edited by PMASON (edited 03-25-2003).]
Old Mar 25, 2003, 8:21 pm

Is a good hotel. Request a room in the "newer" wing or on the concierge level. Restaurant service can be good or it can be not so good. There are many good places to eat outside of the hotel. Be careful on the phone charges - hotel is not helpful on what is local and what is long distance and historically, their telephone information sheet has been inaccurate.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 9:20 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
PMASON-

I'm familiar with the area, as I drive by this hotel many times to see my GF.

As mentioned by the other poster, the Sheraton Great Valley is well situated in terms of restaurants and other activities. I believe there is a Hampton Inn located immediately next to it, along with an Outback Steakhouse.

If you have a car, there is a large shopping complex (King of Prussia Plaza and Court at King of Prussia, the second largest shopping complex in the U.S.) just up the road. There is a multiplex movie theater nearby the hotel, too, and shopping is also nearby a couple of miles west of the property at the Exton Mall.

Be careful with traffic on the highway, though (Rt. 202). This is the last year of construction on the road just south of King of Prussia and delays are common during rush hours and late at night when lane closures take place.

If you needed to be more in the King of Prussia area, though, the Sheraton Park Ridge is much closer.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 11:02 pm

The difference between the Standard and Club Level rooms is HUGE! The extra expense for the upgrade is well worth it.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:09 pm

Programs: SWN, UAL, AA, DL
Hotel near Sheraton Great Valley, Frazer, PA?

Can anyone recommend a hotel as close as possible to the Sheraton Great Valley on Lancaster Pike in Frazer, PA? It doesn't have to be a Starwood. I have a meeting at the Great Valley on the 18th and 19th of January, but it's currently sold out over the phone and on the website for the evening of the 18th. I'd like to be able to walk to the meeting if possible.

The closest Sheraton is the Park Ridge in King of Prussia, which they said is 12 miles away. I have a Starwood number but no special status.

I haven't been to PHI for a few years and am not familiar with the area.

Thanks in advance!

Steve
Old Jan 9, 2006, 7:12 pm

There are in fact hotels next to the Sheraton. I believe there is a Hampton, but then again my memory isn't what it once use to be. Given that the Sheraton is full, I would give them a call and ask what hotel is right next door. I don't think they would mind in the least bit.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 8:31 pm

I stay at the Sheraton Great Valley often and TTT103 is correct that there is a Hampton Inn close to the Sheraton. Both Sheratons in this area have always treated me well but if you prefer to walk, the Hampton Inn should do just fine.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/h...tyhocn=PHLFZHX
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:32 pm

Thanks, TTT1130 and Mahalo. The Hampton is sold out as well so I made a reservation at King of Prussia and will try to get into one of the close hotels. Thanks again.

Steve

Last edited by Schurr; Jan 10, 2006 at 9:46 pm
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:39 pm

I live nearby in Exton

There are a few hotels in Exton which is much closer to Frazer (3-5 mins drive) than KoP and north of Exton on route 100:
Holiday Inn Express
Hampton Inn Exton
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Exton
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Exton
Comfort Inn
Best Western Inn
ExtendedStay
Old Jan 11, 2006, 8:47 am

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, and Best Western (formerly Holiday Inn) in Exton that JavaBean cited. My preference would be the Holiday Inn Express. It is located right across the street from the Exton Mall only a few miles from the Sheraton. For some reason, I'm thinking that there is another hotel by the Sheraton and Hampton, but could definitely be wrong.

King of Prussia is not a bad drive on Route 202. The Sheraton Great Valley is located right off of 202. Rush hour traffic can be somewhat of a challenge so leave a bit of extra time.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 3:02 pm

Thanks so much everyone. This helps alot.

Whatever hotel that I actually stay at, I probably won't have much time to enjoy its amenities because I'll be at the Great Valley the whole time, meetings, dinner, cocktails, etc. But if there is down time, I would like to be able to check my e-mail. If I'm lucky, I may actually receive an agenda before I get there!

Thanks again.

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.