Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Suites, Mexico City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Suites, Mexico City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2000, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Arrow Sheraton Suites, Mexico City [Master Thread]

My sister is heading down to Mexico City in a week for a conference. Her company has put her up at the Sheraton Suites down there. Has anyone stayed there, or know of any experiences of people who have?
Old Feb 10, 2001, 5:37 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Sheraton Suites Sante Fe, Mexico City - Beware

Ive stayed at this property very often in the last few months. Its really hard to describe it one way or the other, its like tossing up a coin. Ive had both quite good and not so good stays, with a few episodes that just want to make you never come back.

If it were not for its location, I would really not return.

In any event, one thing you should be very careful with is their hotel pick-up service. Its not reliable. They used to have a service where the driver would await you at the door of the aircraft, but that has now been discontinued. This means that the driver needs to collect you once you clear customs... and this will work only if there is a proper sign with your name on it. Ive tried to get them to understand that they need to display your name prominently, but they dont listen. This service has failed with them twice. (oh, and after they fail to provide the service I was billed for the car during my last stay.....)

Among other SPG Platinum amenities Ive been papmered with here at the Suites, I can include:

- denied access to lounge until I emailed my Platinum Concierge (she fixed that)
- having to argue to get that lounge access every other time I stay here
- getting charged for use of the health club
- not getting complimentary bfast until I complained with my Concierge

Well, all this means I will be staying more at the JW Marriot...

------------------
Gaucho100K

[This message has been edited by Gaucho100K (edited 02-10-2001).]
Old Sep 23, 2002, 10:27 pm

Mexico City Sheraton Suites Review

Quick review of the Sheraton Suites, Mexico City that I stayed at last week. This hotel is also known by locals as the Sheraton Santa Fe, since it is located in the Santa Fe technology district of Mexico City that's about 10 miles outside the main city.

Link for pictures: http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=9758680...3&n=1491467474

This hotel is definitely out in the burbs, but if you have to be in the Santa Fe section of Mexico City, the Sheraton Suites is great.

The hotel is probably only a couple of years old - everything is in excellent condition and as the name implies, all rooms are suites.

As a Starwood Platinum, I was upgraded to the Executive Floor on the 9th level, which included access to the Executive Lounge for Breakfast and for evening cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

Additionally, the amenity selection was great. The standard 500 point amenity is there along with other things, such as fruit, wine, or tequila.

The hotel has 802.11b Wi-Fi (Hi-speed wireless internet) on every floor. If you want to use it, they charge 200 pesos (approx US$20) per night extra. Worked with my company's finicky Checkpoint VPN, so that was very nice.

Hotel staff is very nice and gracious. Hotel food was OK. There is a good cafe across the street and a VERY nice Indian restaurant and Sushi restaurant two blocks away.

All in all, a great hotel that I would come back to if I was in Santa Fe, Mexico City. But this is not a hotel to stay at if you want to see the old city, since it's 30 min outside the city.

[This message has been edited by juanvaldez (edited 09-23-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.