Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Ontario CA Airport Hotel ONT [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Ontario CA Airport Hotel ONT [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2001, 9:59 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Ontario CA Airport Hotel ONT [Master Thread]

Ontario - Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel - $51.00

Visit our site for booking these and other Last-Minute Weekend Rates for this weekend July 20 - July 24, 2001.

promo.starwood.com

Old Jul 17, 2001, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
Ontario - Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel - $51.00 </font>
This is a good property. A former DoubleTree, it has been nicely renovated. The Club Lounge is available 24 hours a day with your room key and the refrigerator is always stocked. I've always received a Club Level upgrade even at the $51 weekend rate, but the amenity delivery has been hit and miss. Not far away is the Sheraton Suites, where I recently caught a $69 rate for a future stay. Although the hotel advertises a Club Level, the description says that breakfast has not been included since 1997. I don't know what that's all about. I'll find out next month.

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World
Old Aug 31, 2001, 10:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BL1KITW:
This is a good property. A former DoubleTree, it has been nicely renovated. The Club Lounge is available 24 hours a day with your room key and the refrigerator is always stocked. I've always received a Club Level upgrade even at the $51 weekend rate, but the amenity delivery has been hit and miss.
</font>
I could not agree more.

OK, a confession is in order here: I had 9 stays due to business travel or vacation and the 2 Free Saturdays that came with the 10th were just too tempting. So, although I'm not even an hour away, I figured a mini-vacation at the $51 rate (which seems available almost every weekend) was justified.

The hotel is as BL1KITW describes. And I was fortunate that one of the suites was available for the evening. The living room was fantastic, and the whole suite was nicely decorated. I enjoyed the soak in the jacuzzi tub and took advantage of the hotel's high-speed internet access to catch up on some work.

In my experience, this hotel really understands how to treat Preferred Guests well. The upgrade was done on the day of arrival, in advance of my arrival (and to comment on a previous thread, I could actually see beforehand online that the upgrade had taken place, so I was looking forward to the experience). Within an hour of my arrival, there was a nice card, along with a substantial goodie basket of fruit, candy, cookies and juice. All of the staff have been great.

Even on its own, this hotel was nicer than a good number of Starwood properties I've stayed at, but especially at the rate, I'm glad I tried it.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 11:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat., HH Silver
Any recent experiences with this hotel?

I'm looking to hold a business meeting at this property. Any recent experiences?
Old Jul 18, 2006, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I have stayed there often.

It is a very basic hotel; rooms are nicely furnished. I have never received an upgrade to a suite (did not even realize they had them), but have been given access to lounge, which has canned beverages available all day (altho generic brands), continental breakfast in the a.m. Not sure I was ever in the lounge for evening snacks.

As good a hotel as it comes, if you need to be in that area.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is a very basic hotel; rooms are nicely furnished. I have never received an upgrade to a suite (did not even realize they had them), but have been given access to lounge, which has canned beverages available all day (altho generic brands), continental breakfast in the a.m. Not sure I was ever in the lounge for evening snacks.
I also stay there quite often and I think it's a very nice Sheraton. But I've been fairly successful at getting upgraded to a Suite upon check-in at least 70% of my stays. However I'm usually only told I've been upgraded to a Club Level (6th Floor) room when I ask about an upgrade. It's usually only when I specifically ask if "one of the two Suites might be available" that they seem to actually really try to get one for you (perhaps the display of my knowledge/savvy of the number of Suites here "motivates" them in some way?).

Anyway, they only have the two Suites here, both up on the top 6th Club Floor. Both Suites are identical. One's called the "Gardenia Suite" and I can't recall the name of the other one...another flower name I'm pretty sure.

The Suites have a foyer, a large living room/dining area, a bedroom and a nice bathroom with large jacuzzi tub/shower combo. Furnishings are very nice. It's a real good Suite to host get-togethers in. Here's a couple of photos of the Gardenia Suite's living room area, and the 6th floor floorplan.

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/sherONTgardsuite.jpg

(You can see the 2 Suites at both ends and also the Club Lounge blacked-out on the floorplan)

The standard room here is pretty standard, but nice and up to typical newer Sheraton standards. The Club Level rooms are plussed up a little bit. The hotel also features a few "Office Rooms" which are corner rooms with a bit more space, a nicer work table, and an in-room Fax/Printer.

The Club Level on the 6th requires the specially coded keycard type thing to get to that floor. The Club Lounge is open 24/7 with your keycard, and sodas and coffee/tea is available all the time. A light breakfast is available in the mornings and a selection of chips, salsa, cheeses, fruits, veggies with dips, and one or two hot appetizers are available in the evenings. It's a large room with many tables and chairs and a sofa area with big screen TV. I've been at the hotel when some group is using this Lounge for private meetings and during such times the hotel sets up a temporary relocation of the Club Lounge down in a section of the restaurant.

The pool area is small but rather nice and quiet. In and Out burger is right across the street!

I'm looking to hold a business meeting at this property. Any recent experiences?
I think your business associates will like the hotel as far as rooms go. They have hi-speed internet (wired, Wayport, fee) in each. Downstairs in the lobby and meeting rooms there is Wayport WiFi for a fee, but groups may be offered comp WiFi as part of their meeting contracts. The hotel is convenient to ONT airport and the hotel has their own dedicated shuttle.

There's a bar and restaurant. Nothing special, but I've always enjoyed my meals there. This restaurant is in the Entertainment Book BTW, so if you have an Entertainment Book card...bring it along for 2 for 1 dinners.

As far as the actual meeting facilities goes, they have no large ballroom type meeting space. They only have a series of meeting rooms down on the ground floor on each side of the hallway that runs down the middle. So I'd say it's good depending on how many in your meetings. The hotel's sales staff will be able to help you with those numbers and space.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Any recent stays at this property?

Also, is parking free? If not, how much is it per day? in and out priv?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 4:34 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Free parking. As gold was upgraded to club floor. Nice lounge with good heavy hors d'oeurves and very good breakfast. Rooms newly updated. Definetly recommend.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Bliss.....wow, you're moving up in the world. you've finally hit the big time--Ontario.

I have stayed there twice last month. Simple and basic hotel--nothing special. Nice clean rooms, nicely appointed. Pretty good lounge, with good snacks in the evening and cont. breakfast. Free internet in the lounge. Flat screen TVs in lounge and rooms. Adequate pool. Free parking. For those prices, and considering what other hotels are in the area, it's the best place to stay.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:53 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
I stay here at least twice a year (a small convention I attend is here); last year (and early part of this year), they have been refurbishing the entire place. The noise and clutter was a bit annoying, but nothing awful.

They treat everyone nice there, and there is an In-and-Out right up the street.

However, with the Aloft that will be in Rancho Cucamonga next year, I'm not sure how many extra times I'll be staying here.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 6:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
Just stayed here again this weekend.

All of the construction is completed. I was put on the 5th floor this time (rather than the Club floor), and they had leaky air conditioning units which had water all over the common areas.
They put a ton of towels on the floor to wipe up the mess and did a lot of vaccuuming, but we could still smell the water somewhat.

The 5th floor rooms do not have the flat-screen TVs, which makes me assume that only the Club floor rooms have them. YMMV.

I never knew the breakfast buffet included pancakes or french toast, but if you ask, the chef will make them for you on the spot.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by dollaroff
I never knew the breakfast buffet included pancakes or french toast, but if you ask, the chef will make them for you on the spot.
is this breakfast buffet part of the lounge, did they give coupons for the restaurant because the lounge is closed over the weekend, or is this just the restaurant in the hotel.

thanks for anyone that has insight into this place.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
Originally Posted by aslsigner
is this breakfast buffet part of the lounge, did they give coupons for the restaurant because the lounge is closed over the weekend, or is this just the restaurant in the hotel.

I've been there 4 or 5 times this year--as I recall, the lounge is open on weekends with stuff like cereal, boiled eggs, toast, doughnuts and coffee.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by aslsigner

I've been there on Sat. and Sun. recently. I verify the above post, and so I grabbed a coffee and left.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Was there last Friday night.
B'fast was cold cereal/fruit/bahels,bread and good donuts=nothing thrilling but it was free(lounge)
Not my favorite property-but parking is free and it is cheap for mattress runs which is what I was doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.