Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2007, 9:07 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Arrow Park Tower Knightsbridge, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Hi,

Just checked into this hotel today (was there last week as well).. Booked an executive room and this time was upgraded to the Butler floor - 15th floor. The room is exactly the same as the executive or classic rooms. Only differences are:
(1) Molton Brown bath products in the bathroom - I can swear the bottles are getting smaller and smaller
(2) on the bed, there are two additional throw pillows and an additional blanket.
(3) Butler floors are on the 15 and 16th floor
(4) Crystal glasses with the Minibar
(5) Weight scale cover in terry cloth in the bathroom
(6) more Chocolates that come in a small green bag as opposed to a small box

Butler service was absolutely useless.

Didn't see the bulter at all.. and had to request her to come to the room for some pressings (3 pieces pressing for free as part of the priviledge). Additional amenities include:
(1) Continental breakfast ?? I thought it was a FULL Breakfast??
(2) Afternoon tea - consists of only coffee/tea/cookies
(3) Bottle of water...

and that's it.... not worth paying the butler rate for the priviledge.

Internet: 18 Pounds for 24 hours or 38 pounds for 7 days!

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 1, 2009 at 9:09 pm Reason: Pre 2007 reports are at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-preferred-guest/970815-sheraton-park-tower-london-pre-2007-re
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:16 pm

Programs: SPG, Hilton, Aliatlia, Sky Team
That's interseting! I was at the Park Tower this week and booked a Butler room and I had a different experience. The view was stunning and even though the room is the same as an executive it was worth paying that extra for the magnificent view of the park. And I really enjoyed the Butler service. I had a lady taking care of me who was very pleasant and gave me champagne as soon as I arrived and then helped me unpacking without me even asking. During the stay I had fresh cakes brought to the room every day and the butler responded quickly every time I called her. I am wondering now if I was only lucky then after reading your posting. I am planning to go back to London next month and I have already booked a butler room but after your experience I'm a bit confused. I wonder if somebody else has different experiences of the butler service at the London Park Tower.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cags71
The view was stunning and even though the room is the same as an executive it was worth paying that extra for the magnificent view of the park.
The view has nothing to do with being on the Butler floor though being a couple of floors higher would give you a slightly better view. Only a few rooms on each floor faces the park, and you could end up with a not so nice view even if you are on the Butler floor.

I had a Hyde Park/Knightsbridge view room just below the Butler floor when I was Gold. I am quite sure my view was nicer than than those a floor or two above facing the other direction
Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cags71
That's interseting! I was at the Park Tower this week and booked a Butler room and I had a different experience. The view was stunning and even though the room is the same as an executive it was worth paying that extra for the magnificent view of the park. And I really enjoyed the Butler service. I had a lady taking care of me who was very pleasant and gave me champagne as soon as I arrived and then helped me unpacking without me even asking. During the stay I had fresh cakes brought to the room every day and the butler responded quickly every time I called her. I am wondering now if I was only lucky then after reading your posting. I am planning to go back to London next month and I have already booked a butler room but after your experience I'm a bit confused. I wonder if somebody else has different experiences of the butler service at the London Park Tower.
Thanks for your feedback...Wow you had cakes brought to you everyday.. I am still at the hotel, so will ring the butler [again] and ASK for cake.

I agreed with the above poster, the view of the park has nothing to do with the room category that you booked. The Butler/Exectuive rooms are on the higher floor.

Again, from my experience, I would not pay 60-120 Pounds more for what is essentially the same room but with some minor amenities included.. If you travel alone (as I do in most of my business trips), paying for a lower category room and paying for breakfast (18-27 Pounds) and pressing is still cheaper than the butler experience.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 4:45 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
It almost sounds like the two of you have stayed at different hotels!

ACfly, please inform us if you get your cake!
Old Feb 17, 2007, 8:30 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We upgraded once (using points) to the Butler room and agree that it was nothing special.

It was worth it for us that night because we wanted breakfast in our room before we left for the airport and had items that needed pressing. Having those included in the room made it a value.

Other than that the executive rooms are just as nice (although a few floors lower) and they have the same "UNRIVALLED VIEWS OF LONDON." (which really are very nice)

I love the design of the Park Tower rooms, by the way. It's a very clever use of space that makes the rooms feel much larger than they actually are.

I'm surprised we've never seen a similar design elsewhere.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cbellero
ACfly, please inform us if you get your cake!
Called the butler for the tea service... was brought a nice slice of banana cream cake, tea (in beautiful gold rimmed porcelain), and a dish filled with assorted cookies)... Again had to call for this, and would not have known if the previous poster didnt mentioned it.

FYI.. make sure you don't book rooms facing the main street - very noisy even on the 15th floor. room number ending with xx05 to xx18 should be avoided
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ACfly
FYI.. make sure you don't book rooms facing the main street - very noisy even on the 15th floor.
But arent the Hyde Park view rooms facing the main street (Knightsbridge) ?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mario33
But arent the Hyde Park view rooms facing the main street (Knightsbridge) ?
YES.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by damon88
I love the design of the Park Tower rooms, by the way. It's a very clever use of space that makes the rooms feel much larger than they actually are.

I'm surprised we've never seen a similar design elsewhere.
Yes, I often wonder which ID firm did the design for the Sheraton Park Towers.

Not many hotels have a circular design with a relatively small radius. The Hilton Phuket Arcadia (Lotus Wing) though not as impressive as the Sheraton Park Towers, is also quite cleverly arranged.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 4:47 am

I'm happy you got your cakes too, ACfly! That means it's part of the butler floor amenities even though they forget about it sometimes. I agree that you can get good views from the executive floors but sometimes you can get an executive on the 6th or 7th floor and there isn't much view there. I prefer to pay a bit extra to have a guaranteed high floor and all the other amenities.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by ACfly
^ Agreed, the cakes were delicious. Definitely 5* quality. BTW, they change the cake offerings everyday.. Today it was a very tasty pound cake!
AcFLy, considering you are in the hotel at the moment and are experiencing the butler service live, would you suggest I should keep my reservation for the butler room next month? As I said before, I enjoyed when I stayed there last time but I'm wondering now if their good service is consistent.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1KUGS, AA Plat., SPG Plat., Hertz Five*
My stay in the butler room was impressive. Better than even St. Regis butler rooms, however, St. Regis was for pleasure so I had less need for the services.

When I checked into the Park Tower the room upgrade was already reserved and arranged. Upon arriving in my room there was a small dessert sampler waiting with a bag of chocolates, YUM!. Five minutes later the butler stopped by my room and offered shirt and suit pressing, and shoe shine. She said I could get this service for one shirt, suit and pair of shoes each day.

Even with all these amenities, I still prefer the Le Meridian Piccadilly. There I had an amazing suite and the gym was much better, IMO.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Sheraton Park Towers London (MASTER THREAD)

Just came back again from the Sheraton park Towers.. I seem to frequent this hotel every 2 weeks, so the staff now knows me well.. however, still a hit and miss in terms of upgrades...

Anyways, I was informed that the hotel has removed all fax/printers from the Executive/Butler rooms...

So the question that I ask.. what is now the difference between the Classic room and the Executive room other than the executive rooms are on the higher floor - apparently starting at level 6.

The price difference is huge with apparently no difference in amenity:
Classic room 269GBP
Executive Rom 329GBP
Old Mar 11, 2007, 5:48 pm
Pam

We stayed in a Butler room in September '06. The printer had a connection that wouldn't have worked on my last several computers, I went to the business center to print out our boarding passes. Anyway, when we checked out, I specifically asked if there was any difference in the size of the rooms or the electrical hookups that were behind the desk. The young lady who I was talking to said there is none. We will definitely stay there again, it's a great location, but we won't pay the price for the butler room next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.