Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2002, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles
Arrow Westin SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

I've never stayed in a Westin before and am looking forward to a 2 night stay at the Westin SFO. Anyone stay at this hotel? Just looking for some feedback. I get in around midnight on a Friday and Leave at 6:30 am on Sunday so I think it makes sense to stay at the airport and then just make a day trip into San Francisco.

------------------
Land O' Lakes
Old Mar 27, 2002, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There are lots of comments in messages if you do a search for that hotel. That said, the best things about the hotel are (1) the beds and (2) its proximity to SFO. There's a pool and the small bar area can get lively and you might meet an interesting person or three there. The rooms are well-insulated from sound. Some people love this hotel. I think its adequate, but nothing special.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Comes with great runway views
Old Aug 20, 2002, 9:49 pm

Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
Rooms at SFO Westin

Hi,

I'm considering booking a room at SFO Westin for 1 night and I know it's right next to the runway (I'm a plane buff ). I see SFO Westin has 2 kinds of room, bay view and non-bay view. However I can't really figure out whether the room facing north and overlooking the runway would be bay-view or not? So if anyone got a room there overlooking the runway and the terminal, could they tell me what kind of room their room was? Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2002, 10:28 pm

Bay View overlooks the runway. However, you may want to make your request clear by calling the hotel and see if they will block a room on 6th or 7th floor which have the best views.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 10:38 am
In Memoriam, Original Member

Floor 6 is the SPG floor.

BTW - bottled water is no longer placed in the room every day (actually it is not there at all) even on the 6th floor.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 2:40 pm

Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
Thanks for the help! I have Amex *wood card, so I'm "Preferred Guest+" (FWIW). Hopefully I could swing a upgrade (if needed) to either of those floors

Thanks again!
Old Aug 21, 2002, 5:51 pm

I just stayed there last night. It seemed to me that "bayside" view rooms could have 2 distinct views since the hotel is sort-of "L" shaped. From my 6th floor bayview room, I couldn't really see the runway...only the bay. Rooms on the other side of the "L" could see the runway much better.

By the way...this was my first Westin heavenly bath experience. The Molton Brown toiletries are great!
Old Aug 22, 2002, 6:04 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
If all of the Westin rooms are like the 6th floor SFO Westin (heavenly bed, heavenly shower, etc, etc) I may just make the switch from Hilton....Are they?
Old Aug 26, 2002, 5:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Dia, Marriott S
Not all of them. Stayed there last Friday on a free Friday and was put into a room on the 7th floor. Paint badly chipped, wallpaper peeling in several places, carpet less than clean, furniture somewhat worn. No upgrade as a platinum, nor breakfast. A very disappointing stay having read all the good reports about the Westin SFO on this board.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 5:42 am

"No upgrade as a platinum, nor breakfast". As a Platinum you should have been on the 6th floor? There no suites so I don't know what other upgrade you were expecting. And they don't give breakfast coupons.

Old Sep 3, 2002, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Dia, Marriott S
I needed a different bed selection than my normal profile that they could not accomodate on 7, so they sent us to 6. I was simply answering the question about the condition of rooms on the other floors. Also, several other posting strings had praised the SFO W for the good treatment of Plats (incl. breakfast); I did not experience that.
Old Sep 3, 2002, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Am staying there this Thursday and hadn't even thought about the airport view! My thanks to all for their input!!
If anyone would like to grab a drink
email me at your convenience.
Best wishes.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:50 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
I stayed here a few times earlier this year and last year. On check in I asked if I could have a view of the runways. The person checking me me tried to make a fuss about rooms with Bay views being special and not for me. The layout of the hotel is a "L" shape, with the long side facing the Bay with poor views of the airport and the short side with views of the airport and decent view of the Bay.

If you want the airport view shoot for the short side. This hotel has the best view of SFO over any HH or SPG property in the area and I've stayed in most of them, actually all of them I think.

I've had good service at this property but I've had consistantly better service at the SFO Sheraton.

Why is it that the SPG SFO properties all charge for parking while the HH ones do not?
Old Sep 4, 2002, 7:52 am

"Why is it that the SPG SFO properties all charge for parking while the HH ones do not?"

Parking at this hotel is normally $12 a night. But last time I checked in they told me parking was free until 12/31/02. Maybe they have an "auh2o" special. Nah the only auh2o special is made by Dan the bartender.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.