Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta Airport....Sheraton or Westin?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2002, 9:49 am
pmv
Original Poster

Atlanta Airport....Sheraton or Westin?

Would appreciate some quick advice about these two properties. Same price for both.

I've read several comments about the Westin, but have seen nothing about the Sheraton.

Thoughts?

thanks.....
Old Aug 23, 2002, 11:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pmv:
Would appreciate some quick advice about these two properties. Same price for both.

I've read several comments about the Westin, but have seen nothing about the Sheraton.

Thoughts?

thanks.....
</font>
stood there earlier this year.
it is far from what you would expect a sheraton to be .
do not go.

Old Aug 23, 2002, 1:13 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA Starwood Plat CO Gold UA Premier Exec
I stayed at the Sheraton Gateway Atlanta Airport and it was OK.

The staff was super nice when I checked in. Gave me my 500 platinum amenity bonus and asked if I would like a snack on the house. Sent up a plate with grapes, 2 bananas, and 2 apples which served as dinner and breakfast for me.

Upgraded me to club floor with view of airport and planes taking off/landing. Room was large and the bed was fine. There is no restaurant in the place...there is a bar w/ bar food and a coffee stand w/ pastries and fruit (basically the same continental breakfast selection you see in club lounges). I would stay there again.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 1:14 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA Starwood Plat CO Gold UA Premier Exec
However....I would just about always pick a Westin over a Sheraton if the price were the same!
Old Aug 23, 2002, 2:57 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
The Westin is nicer than the Sheraton, but if the post hotel by ATL is probably the Renaissance (if you do Marriott at all).
Old Aug 23, 2002, 7:51 pm

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
I've stayed several times at the Westin. It's a good hotel for being at the airport. Don't hesitate.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I haven't been to the Sheraton, but the Westin was a completely fine airport hotel.
Old Aug 24, 2002, 12:09 am

Heavenly bed???

Been at both, the Westin is better. Can take same airport shuttle to either hotel. Club floor @ the Westin was nice.
Old Aug 24, 2002, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Never been too excited about airport hotels, however, Westin was nice as they do have an Executive Club and rates are frequently below $100. Not a bad dealfor the Heavenly Bed and SPG points/perks. Just don't expect grandness for room size or decor liek others Westins, hotel was probably a Holiday Inn or something before it was Westin-ized.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.