Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2002, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Arrow Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport [Master Thread]

A one night stay on the way over to the Bahamas.

The hotel is very nice, looks like very recent rennovations. The bed was very, very comfortable which was a nice surprise after being disappointed a few times recently in this regard.

There were no suites available for Platinum (I'm convinced, the hotel clearly was sold out, and the desk clerk had a manager come over to check it out since he wanted to make sure), but I was placed in the top floor corner room which was quite large (i.e., the standard guest room is large in size), well appointed, and being a corner room, had windows on two sides with a very nice panoramic view.

No lounge, but got free breakfast cards, and the breakfast was good. Everyone was friendly, airport shuttles ran on time, good place to over night if you need to.
Old Mar 17, 2002, 6:24 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
I'll second that. As a gold on a Priceline stay was given a corner room (albeit on the freeway) the first night and upgraded the second. Actually the corner room was a better deal.

No breakfast but great staff help.

Van did run on time.

Looking forward to my 2 April Priceline Stays.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 9:28 am

Sheraton FLL on a PL stay:

I'm always a little apprehensive about airport properties, so it came as a pleasant surprise to my wife and I that our stay at the Sheraton was such a positive one. It began with a cheerful voice confirming my request for an airport pickup and providing directions as to where and when to wait. Fifteen minutes later, the friendly shuttle van driver arrived with an apology for being 3 minutes late and promptly loaded our bags and offered us cold refreshments from an onboard cooler. The "driver" turned out to be the hotel's Guest Services Manager, doing double duty during the 2:00 to 5:00 PM downtime. He went on to inform us about Sheraton's new 100% satisfaction guarantee policy and to let him know if there was any problem we might encounter while on property. We were very impressed with this young man's positive attitude towards his guests.

At check-in, the front desk employee never mentioned Priceline, but did note our SPG status and that we had been upgraded to a suite (one of only four) and Club Lounge access. Very nice. We proceeded to our suite on the 11th floor and entered to find a huge living/dining area with ample seating for six (both dining and lounging), a large television, a wide counter area with an empty fridge, 4 closets, and a powder room. A spiral staircase by a set of windows encompassing the two floors led to a bedroom and a full bathroom on the upper level (12th floor). Quite an interesting layout. We could view the inviting outdoor pool area and tennis courts from our window, but the inclement weather prevented us from actually using them. As previously mentioned in this thread, the hotel has undergone some major renovation work (completed) and everything was fresh and clean.

Evening hors d'ouevres consisted of warm phylo spinach triangles and meat filled pastry as well as cheese and crackers. Fruit and cookies were offered as dessert. Beverages were available at additional cost.

Our early morning flight prevented us from enjoying breakfast, but free Maxwell House coffee (not bad!) was offered in the lobby. Also note that the airport shuttle now begins service at 5:00 AM. Our 5:30 AM van was completely full (14 seats) due to an ATA flight crew, so if time is of the essence, don't dawdle and do get to the lobby early.

All in all, a very pleasant end to a wonderful week in FLL.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 10:33 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
This is a popular hotel that the cruise lines put guests in if they need to get there a day before their cruise embarks. There is a Hilton right across the street that is frequently used. IIRC, this property has some nice facilities (gym, pool, tennis courts, etc.).
Old Jan 9, 2003, 6:39 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I stayed there a few weeks ago also for one night. Room was nice, as a Plat I got access to Club Room but there was no food or drinks available. Went down to the bar and waited for approximately 20 minutes for the bartender who never returned. The place was quiet and nice. Took the free shuttle van back to FFL at 5:30am for my return flight on Sunday morning.

My biggest complaint is that the hotels don't send their shuttles out very often so you usually have to wait for at least 30 minutes. There are many rental car buses but not enough hotel shuttles.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 9:03 am

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
I stayed there in June. As a Platinum I was upgraded to this amazing "swinging 70's" type suite. It was really well done, and had a spiral staircase that led from the living room/dining room/bar area to the bed room. Had amazing two story window views of Ft. Fun and the ocean. There was no club, but got a voucher for breakfast. The room was tastefully decorated. Can't remember whether it has the new beds.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 7:51 am
Original Member

recent experiences?

will be staying for one night pre-cruise.....
Old Jan 8, 2005, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, *W PT, BA Silver, DL GD, CO GD, US GD
stayed there last week. very friendly staff. they've got the new beds. i didn't look for the club room, but i got breakfast vouchers for the lobby cafe.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 10:35 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I stayed there again in November and December on mileage runs. The hotel is nice and clean and I found the bar area to be the place to eat as you can watch whatever sports is on TV. I restaurant leaves a lot to be desired as they usually don't have enough staff to wait on the tables. The breakfast buffet is supposed to start at 6:00am but they usually don't even start setting it up until 6 so it is 6:30 before you actually get to eat.

The rooms are nice and clean and the shuttle service from the hotel to the airport is pretty good as I usually leave pretty early but the service from the airport to the hotel is not that good as I usually have to wait at least 30 minutes after I call the hotel for a pick up.

Right now, they are probably busy with the cruise business so the prices are higher for the rooms. The desk staff is very nice as is the bartender and cocktail waitress. I will more than likely stay there again.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 9:21 pm
Original Member

Recent Stay

We stayed there pre-cruise on an 89 dollar a night AAA rate. As platinum members we were upgraded to a "groovy" suite (my phrase). It looked like a 70s decorating job but was quite nice. Two levels with a spiral staircase 1.5 baths, wet bar, free water. Breakfast buffet coupons were provided (service included). Free airport pickup. but waited at least 30 minutes (traffic was awful). make sure you call the hotel before your luggage arrives. Overall a great stay! Highly recommend.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:16 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport

Flight out of FLL was very early (7 AM) so used Cash + Points to stay for one night. Had the nicest room I have ever stayed in! It was on the 12th floor (Club floor where they have a lounge; but I left at 5 AM so did not have the opportunity to use it).

Room had a huge living room with flat panel TV, dining table and 8 chairs, wet bar, powder room, bedroom and bathroom with double vanity sinks, separate shower, bath, Bose CD player, two desks (one in the living room one in the bedroom).

Free shuttle to and from the airport. Restaurant and bar within the restaurant. Nice big pool and jacuzzi.

Was only there for 4 hours but it was a very nice property; would definitely recommend it if needing a night at the airport.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Apr 24, 2008 at 8:18 pm Reason: Merged unedited into existing thread
Old Apr 20, 2008, 10:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
Originally Posted by ldsant
Flight out of FLL was very early (7 AM) so used Cash + Points to stay for one night. Had the nicest room I have ever stayed in! It was on the 12th floor (Club floor where they have a lounge; but I left at 5 AM so did not have the opportunity to use it).

Room had a huge living room with flat panel TV, dining table and 8 chairs, wet bar, powder room, bedroom and bathroom with double vanity sinks, separate shower, bath, Bose CD player, two desks (one in the living room one in the bedroom).

Free shuttle to and from the airport. Restaurant and bar within the restaurant. Nice big pool and jacuzzi.

Was only there for 4 hours but it was a very nice property; would definitely recommend it if needing a night at the airport.
Thanks, will stop by next friday!
Old Apr 21, 2008, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I wonder if you and I had the same suite? I stayed last year for 1 night (I like to use the airport properties when I have an early flight) and I was quite impressed with the property, as well. I got a Plat upgrade and the staff was great. I wish all airport hotels were even half as nice!
Old Apr 21, 2008, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thaliajen
(I like to use the airport properties when I have an early flight) and I was quite impressed with the property, as well. I got a Plat upgrade and the staff was great. I wish all airport hotels were even half as nice!
That is mostly how I keep statues with SPG.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:43 pm
iwc

Originally Posted by thaliajen
I wonder if you and I had the same suite? I stayed last year for 1 night (I like to use the airport properties when I have an early flight) and I was quite impressed with the property, as well. I got a Plat upgrade and the staff was great. I wish all airport hotels were even half as nice!
I was there a couple of years ago when they had a "Star of the Day" whose name they posted on the front desk. That program ended when they listed a person who worked for the TSA. Room was a duplex however it was pre-renovation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.