Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Vancouver Airport [Master Thread]

Four Points Vancouver Airport [Master Thread]

Old May 29, 2002, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC Silver, Aeroplan, SPG Platinum, Hyatt
Arrow Four Points Vancouver Airport [Master Thread]

Couldn't find any reviews on this property, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some more info since the website didn't provide a lot of details.

What are the rooms like? What can a Platinum SPG member expect? Is there a business centre? What services or equipment is available? Cost? Gym?
Old May 29, 2002, 10:40 am
Suspended

I have probably spent 10+ nights at that property, as Plat ALways upgrade to large corner room on top floor(best room they have)602. Any rooms that are in the corner are good. They have a pool and a small gym area, one of the nicer 4 points I've been to.
Old May 29, 2002, 11:15 am

Spent a night and check out yesterday for an early flight back home. Paid AAA rate of $119 CND. Got 606 & 608 and looked like a standard room to me. Didn't ask and don't really care for upgrade @ 4points. It is indeed a very nice hotel consider 4points. Standard 4points platinum amenity offered upon checkin.
Old May 29, 2002, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
It's a pretty new structure (or at least it was when I last stayed ~18 months ago) with a willing and competent staff. In the 90th percentile among Four Points. As a Gold I was upgrade to what I was told was a superior (or some such adjective) room. My recollection is hazy, but they might even have provided a free bottle of water. I didn't use the business facilities, so I can't provide feedback in that area. Overall, I'd stay there again if I needed to catch an early-morning flight out of YVR.

The hotel's Richmond location is excellent if you like Chinese food, especially Dim Sum - it's bang in the middle of one of Vancouver's many (3? 4?) Chinatowns. Otherwise Richmond is a generic American/Canadian suburb with limited tourist or business potential.

-Pushpak
Old May 30, 2002, 6:40 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
I stayed there about 18 months ago. For a 4Pts, it is a nice hotel, fairly new. Friendly staff, good service. I would certainly stay there again. In fact, if I could get a decent rate, I would do a stay to bump me up to a 5th night for 5000 pts in the Endless Weekend program. The hotel is just 5 minutes from home
Old May 30, 2002, 11:18 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
Had a 1 night stay last year, nice property, very clean. I thought the room was big for a 4 Pts - maybe this was an upgraded room.
The surrounding area is not pretty, but an easy location to get around.
Old May 30, 2002, 4:13 pm

I'm here right now (Thur. afternoon) and on the CAA/AAA rate of $119. This is my 3rd stay and my 3rd upgrade to a corner jacuzzi room with fridge. (plat member)

Friendly staff and nice size rooms. 5 mins from the airport is my main reason for staying here. Be careful that you don't have to do work in downtown Vancouver as it can be a nasty drive in rush hour.
Old Jun 1, 2002, 4:00 am
In Memoriam

Stayed there two weeks ago. Nice property for a 4 Points. Got a top floor room but don't remember much about it. I arrived late and left early! Convenient to airport but not downtown.
Old Jun 1, 2002, 9:16 am

Nice property. good indoor pool area. They have too many rooms with two double beds, so watch out for those (but, im sure the platinum status would help)

Restaurants are good. The one in the hotel is excellent (best escargo ive ever had) but it was understaffed. One waiter for the entire restaurant, but 3-4 busboys and hosts and hostesses. But, they are in a very asian section of town, there are easily 40-50 restaurants in the vicinity (as told by the shuttle driver)
Old Oct 13, 2002, 12:25 am

Not sure about suites, they have large corner rooms w/oversize tub. Very nice 4Pts. Mr Honu & I just had two stays there last week and we were very favorably impressed.
Old Oct 13, 2002, 2:18 am

value for money ratio is hard to beat ; one downside is it takes about 20 minutes to go downtown by taxi .
Old Sep 20, 2004, 8:40 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Vancouver Aiport 4 Points

Nice looking property, but AVOID as there are just too many problems and too little coutesy to SPG members!
Old Sep 21, 2004, 1:32 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Nice looking property, but AVOID as there are just too many problems and too little coutesy to SPG members!
Perhaps this is as vague as the post above, but I respectfully disagree.

I stay there a few times a year and am always treated very well. I LOVE this property. Great location for terrific Chinese food. Close to airport. Free parking. Shopping nearby. 20 minutes to downtown Vancouver. High Speed Internet.

Aloha
Old Sep 21, 2004, 7:20 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
What more do you expect from a 4-points other than your 250 points platinum amenity and a corner room? I've never once had a problem with this hotel, and the location and rate can't be beat if you arrive late.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 7:58 am

Programs: AC MM, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
I also disagree. I've only stayed there once, but it was nicer than some Sheratons I've stayed in.

Wasn't really there that long, but recognized Platnium status, friendly and efficient check in and shuttle was on-time.

I would stay there again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others who want a Starwood stay or want a cheaper alternative to the Fairmont (which must be one of the best airport hotels in the world).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.