Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

LEAVES SPG JAN 1, 2011: Sheraton Voyager Antalya, Turkey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEAVES SPG JAN 1, 2011: Sheraton Voyager Antalya, Turkey [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2003, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Arrow LEAVES SPG JAN 1, 2011: Sheraton Voyager Antalya, Turkey [Master Thread]

Anyone with any opinion on this hotel? Found an interresting last-minute rate on the net I might consider if it is worth going to...

Greetings

Muerz

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Aug 4, 2003, 8:00 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Relaxing in the Sheraton Antalya

I had a nice stay, 9 days, in the Sheraton Antalya, (Turkish Riviera.) in July ‘03. They upgraded me to Clublevel ( I had booked a standardroom with sea view for only €102, and three award nights). The hotel let my stay in the same room, even during my awards nights, which was very nice. Check-in went smoothly. My room had nice amenities: big vase with a bouquet of white lilies and other flowers, a small can of Turkish Delight and a basket of fruit with a small bottle of wine!

The room was rather spacious and nicely decorated with comfortable furniture and King bed. Bathroom was in marble and had a lot of bathroom amenities ( see my pics: <A HREF="http://www.e-traveller.net/pics/2003/ayt-sheraton-voyager.php" TARGET=_blank> ; thanks to the help of LH738

The room had a nice view, partly mountains and sea. There was a nice balcony with a chair and a bed. Having breakfast here was wonderful.

Service in this hotel is Much Much better than the Sheraton Cesme (near Izmir) where I had a very bad experience last year. I cannot recommend that hotel to anyone. The Sheraton Cesme is a beautiful resort, but….. with a lack of good service!
On the whole I had one negative experience in the Sheraton Antalya: while checking in and out, I found the receptionist of this Cesme Sheraton, Deniz, working in the Sheraton Antalya. He seemed to have the same arrogant attitude when he answered my call from my room to the reception: “Whaaat, you want a glass of water????” he asked cynically when I told him my name, and told me he would give his colleague to me . I regret he was the only person at the reception when checking out very early in the morning after my pleasant stay in this hotel All the other personnel of the reception and concierge were friendly. One of the receptionist was outstanding. She helped me with my reservations for the Opera in the Roman Aspendos theater. While contacting her she was always friendly and she really made me feel at home here I regret I did forget her name!

Allover the service in this hotel is fine and sometimes even with a smile Housekeeping did a nice job in my room and roomservice is fast and good.
The panoramic restaurant services a outstanding breakfast and dinner buffet. Quality of the food is good, and a variety of Turkish dishes are served. Personnel strives to give good service and they seem to have a friendly attitude.
In the wonderful a la carte restaurant, service is on a high level &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starsmilie.gif"&gt; Personnel is very eager to serve you professionally and with a smile. Quality of the food is very good. The kitchen is international, however with a limited choice of Turkish main courses. The metse, a Turkish plate with all sorts of Turkish specialties is a must!

Since the hotel offers rooms starting from $75 and has a sort of ‘all – in packages’, brkfast and dinner included, it does attract a special kind of guests, which can be noticed at the wonderful large swimmingpool or with piling plates in the restaurant… The hotel has
a small fitness center with rather old machines. The indoor swimming pool is small. There is a nice Turkish bath and a large sauna.

Via a backdoor in the outdoor pool area you can reach a large staircase which will lead you to the beach. Together with the Falez hotel, the Sheraton offers the beachclub Islander. The service here is friendly and fast. Towels , beds and parasols are for free if you are a guest of those hotels. However the beachclub could be more exclusive, if compared to other more comfortable beach clubs on the boulevard!

Pics of my stay:
[URL=http://www.e-traveller.net/pics/2003/ayt-sheraton-voyager.php]http://www.e-traveller.net/pics/2003/ayt-sheraton-voyager.php</A>

[This message has been edited by claes059 (edited 08-04-2003).]

[This message has been edited by claes059 (edited 08-04-2003).]
Old Aug 5, 2003, 12:51 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Thanks for the report & the pictures.

How did you reach the hotel from the airport?
Old Aug 5, 2003, 2:22 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
Thanks for the report & the pictures.

How did you reach the hotel from the airport?
</font>
I did have to ask for a taxi, a sort of coordinator is walking around there, since there seems to be some sort of problem between the taxi's and Turkish Airlines. Also most passengers have a travel package and make the transfer to the hotel by organised bus transportation.
For €18 - 20 a taxi will take you in half a hour to the hotel. You can make a fixed price in advance.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:10 am

Programs: UA LT GS/5MM, DL 3MMGold, HHDia, HyattGlob, IHG Spire Amb, Marr Plat/LTG, SPG LTP
Don't know about Cesme, but I was at the Antalya Sheraton last year for a solar eclipse. It's a slightly older property (built late 70s or early 80s) but well-maintained. Location is very dramatic at the top of a hill overlooking the sea, with mountains in the distance to the west. Rooms are pretty standard, but clean and well-maintained. Amenity - snacks and a bottle of wine, upgrade from cheapest room to room with a great view (most rooms have balconies.) Breakfast was included in my rate and was a very extensive buffet. There are a couple of restaurants - the one for breakfast opens onto a terrace with tables outside too. There's also a pool snack bar and another very nice (and relatively pricey for Turkey) high-end place with very good food / gorgeous presentation and attentive service. Considerable wine list there - both international ($$$$) and domestic Turkish (surprisingly good and reasonably priced.)

The hotel is in a park-like setting with pool and tennis courts and has a pedestrian exit that empties into a large municipal park (with lots of dining options) just below it. Lots of free parking with security guards.

Access to the hotel was a bit complicated as downtown Antalya was torn up for major road work, but that should be over by now. We rented a car at the airport - very easy in Turkey and had no trouble navigating in the city as well as taking a day trip to the ruins at Termessos (highly recommended) and a trip along the coast.

I'd have no qualms about staying there again. Nice property, good service with typical wonderful Turkish hospitality.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 3:10 am

Programs: UA LT GS/5MM, DL 3MMGold, HHDia, HyattGlob, IHG Spire Amb, Marr Plat/LTG, SPG LTP
Don't know about Cesme, but I was at the Antalya Sheraton last year for a solar eclipse. It's a slightly older property (built late 70s or early 80s) but well-maintained. Location is very dramatic at the top of a hill overlooking the sea, with mountains in the distance to the west. Rooms are pretty standard, but clean and well-maintained. Amenity - snacks and a bottle of wine, upgrade from cheapest room to room with a great view (most rooms have balconies.) Breakfast was included in my rate and was a very extensive buffet. There are a couple of restaurants - the one for breakfast opens onto a terrace with tables outside too. There's also a pool snack bar and another very nice (and relatively pricey for Turkey) high-end place with very good food / gorgeous presentation and attentive service. Considerable wine list there - both international ($$$$) and domestic Turkish (surprisingly good and reasonably priced.)

The hotel is in a park-like setting with pool and tennis courts and has a pedestrian exit that empties into a large municipal park (with lots of dining options) just below it. Lots of free parking with security guards.

Access to the hotel was a bit complicated as downtown Antalya was torn up for major road work, but that should be over by now. We rented a car at the airport - very easy in Turkey and had no trouble navigating in the city as well as taking a day trip to the ruins at Termessos (highly recommended) and a trip along the coast.

I'd have no qualms about staying there again. Nice property, good service with typical wonderful Turkish hospitality.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 3:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Has anyone had any recent experiences with this hotel? Work is taking me to Turkey in June, and thought I might spend a few days here before heading up to Ankara. claes059 gave a positive review, but I was wondering if anyone had stayed here since 2003. The 20% off on 2 nights rate ($88 per night including tax) and the 2000 *point/night redemption option are very tempting.

Last edited by Flying Buccaneer; Mar 24, 2008 at 11:06 am Reason: The thread with claes059's comment was merged with this one.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 7:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
I just completed the stay that I referenced in my post from 23 Mar.

Many of my observations mirror posts 6, 11, 12, and 20 from my Turkey Trip Report.

I booked back-to-back reservations at the hotel: The first redeeming 5000 *points for 2 nights (12-14 Jun) and the second for $88/night including VAT (14-16 Jun). The first reservation was canceled by someone because I should have been charged 7000 *points, but a call to the PLT concierge line got the reservation reinstated and he got the 2000-point difference refunded to me.

Check-in
I checked in around 10:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 12. The taxi from the airport was 44 YTL. The clerk at the desk welcomed me and asked me to choose an amenity. I was given room 453, an upgrade to a Junior Suite with sitting and sleeping areas and a standard bath. I would estimate that the balcony outside the room was 24 feet long, and about 4 feet deep, and windows ran nearly the full length. My view was of the pool area, the Gulf of Antalya, and the mountains to the southwest. Even though I had chosen the points, a fruit plate (banana, apple, pear, plums, and cherries) and a bottle of wine were waiting for me. (I received another fruit plate and bottle of wine on 14 June, probably because of my second reservation.) I also received two 0.5L bottles of water the day I checked in, but not again. Breakfast was not included.

Facilities
I did not use the room service or other dining facilities. The food in Antalya was too good to eat a meal at the hotel, but room service prices are in-line with similar properties (i.e., not a good value).

The lower ground floor has a drug store, a florist, a news stand, and a gift shop. There is also a "Wellness Center" that offers spa packages. You can even use *points for the packages (as well as meals at the restaurant). There is also a fitness center.

The rear of the hotel fences out the outside world. It includes a couple of bars, tennis courts, and three pools that are contiguous but not connected. Chaise lounges circle the entire pool area. The grounds are well-planted: magnolias, jasmine, and other flowering shrubs, as well as pine trees and other bushes. There is also a Japanese garden, a lawn, and a gazebo on the western edge of the grounds.

The hotel is above Konyaalti Beach. Guests can take an hourly shuttle to the beach walk down a steep road to the beach. To walk, exit the locked gate (requires guest room key to re-enter) and follow the crowd.

The hotel is about 2 km west of Kaleici, the Old City which has the Roman Marina, Ottoman Houses, and many shops, restaurants, and cafes. Reaching Kaleici is easy: exit the locked gate, turn left and follow the path for about 5 minutes. A tram leaves every half-hour from the park where you see the Turkish flag. Taxis are also available from that area for a set 6 YTL. The walk takes about 30 minutes and is pleasant, especially at night.

The Antalya Museum is across the street from the tram stop, and is definitely worth a visit.

Antalya's largest shopping mall is west of the hotel. (I'm not sure exactly how far, but it's in the vicinity).

Service
The employees were eager to help with any problem or answer any question. They were very friendly, and they even fixed a problem that arose with my reservation.

Miscellaneous
The hotel has a "no outside food or beverage policy," and guests are informed of this policy via an information sheet at check-in. I never saw it enforced. A 0.5L bottle of water is 4 YTL from the minibar, 0.50 YTL from any of the "bufes" within easy walking distance of the locked gate. As one of the employees advised me, "just be discreet."

Overall
This hotel is an outstanding value with low rates and above average facilities. I heartily recommend it to anyone who is planning to visit this region, or to anyone looking for a nice place to relax for a few days.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:28 am

Leaving Starwood on January 1, 2011

The Sheraton Voyager Antalya Hotel, Resort & Spa will be leaving the Starwood system on January 1, 2011. Reservations for dates on or after January 1, 2011, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 9:09 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by ehud

The Sheraton Voyager Antalya Hotel, Resort & Spa will be leaving the Starwood system on January 1, 2011. Reservations for dates on or after January 1, 2011, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.
Any word of what (if any) chain they will join?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 7:10 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
To answer my own question, they will join Rixos Hotels on January 1st 2011.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:57 pm

Sheraton Antalya

Trying to book some days at this hotel, But spg.com shows no availiabity for March or April I called Starwood and they do not know why there is no space any day at all.

Please Help
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:28 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by puntos68
Trying to book some days at this hotel, But spg.com shows no availiabity for March or April I called Starwood and they do not know why there is no space any day at all.

Please Help
There is a clue on their home page.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Nov 24, 2010, 5:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
There is a clue on their home page.
Sherlock Sanders to the rescue again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.