Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Print Wikipost

Old Dec 18, 2007, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Based on what I have read here, WGS doesn't do upgrades to suites for Plat members as often as SGS does. But I guess being a very very frequent guest can take care of that!

Now that I am SPG plat, I am "letting" go of my promotion-less HH Diamond.

I will report on my experiences with WGS and SGS soon!

/mod

Earlier reports can be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

/mod

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 4, 2010 at 9:38 am
Old Dec 18, 2007, 9:58 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
brahms

Originally Posted by brahms77
Based on what I have read here, WGS doesn't do upgrades to suites for Plat members as often as SGS does. But I guess being a very very frequent guest can take care of that!

the westin always upgraded me to a suite..!

dp
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:15 pm

My upgrade record at the WGS is 100% for a suite!

70% at the SGS.

Every time I stay at the WGS, I also stay at the SGS the next day.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:32 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...

I went from Plat to Gold to Plat again and stayed many times at this property and always got upgraded to a suite at the WGS if it was available. I think only one time and I believe there really wasnt one available. I have never even had to ask for an upgrade there.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for your replies. I am very much looking forward to my stays at SPG hotels!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat

I have 1 stay at the WGS 100% Suite

I have 8 (IIRC) stays at the SGS 100% Suite
Old Dec 19, 2007, 2:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
As a plat I never got a suite at the WGS but everytime a grand suite at the SGS. At the 18th of january I'll have the next stay at the WGS.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:56 am
Suspended

15 stays or so @ WGS 100% suite

1 stay @ SGS 100% suite.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 6:45 pm

Programs: Marriott -Lifetime Platinum. A3 Gold (ex-Aeroplan-E50), Skymiles Gold, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
2 stays @ WGS, 50% suite, but I don't think there were any available the time I didn't get one.
Old May 22, 2008, 3:21 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Will be at WGS in 2 weeks and noticed this on my confirmation...
Executive Club, Heavenly Bed, High-speed Internet, Non-smoking, Continental Brkfst, Large 42sqm Contemporary Room With Executive Lounge Benefits Incl Breakfast At Lounge Or The Med,evening Cocktails&canape
Does anyone know what the breakfast at the Med entails? Better than the lounge? Any input is appreciated.
Old May 22, 2008, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Happy to beable to answer one for you. Having been there almost any food in any outlet would be better than the Lounge. I hope a option is available for people who have access to the Lounge.
Old May 23, 2008, 1:49 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by thezipper
Will be at WGS in 2 weeks and noticed this on my confirmation...

Does anyone know what the breakfast at the Med entails? Better than the lounge? Any input is appreciated.
And I will answer the other one for you. I have not been to this property but I manage to retrieve some details. It is an international breakfast buffet which means you get Thai food, Japanese food and many others. There is an egg station as well.

Is it good? I let other members answer that.

[email protected]
Old May 23, 2008, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I have been visiting this hotel and many others in Bangkok for over a decade and what I have never done is eat at the hotel! The food out on the streets is sooooooooooooooo much better!
Old May 23, 2008, 2:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
And I will answer the other one for you. I have not been to this property but I manage to retrieve some details. It is an international breakfast buffet which means you get Thai food, Japanese food and many others. There is an egg station as well.

Is it good? I let other members answer that.

[email protected]
Just was there a couple of months ago.

Its not bad. It is standard breakfast fare.
It has a small Japanese section with miso soup and japanese rice porridge.

A egg station, salad station, bread station (which has great donuts), cereal station, fruit station.

Standard western breakfast buffet with different kinds of bacon (the english bacon was a first for me and it was pretty good)

Their Chinese section was pretty awful but my wife and I loved the juicer section. Fresh fruit juice and fresh veg juice.

Overall, it was convienent and not bad. Nothing special to write home about.

As a previous poster mentioned, lots of other choices on the street if you are brave.
Old May 23, 2008, 6:57 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
And with all those answers. The reason we love FT!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.