Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2001, 12:07 pm
JAP
Original Poster

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Arrow Walt Disney World Dolphin - Orlando [Master Thread]

I've just booked 2 rooms (one Free Friday) on Fri 30th March for the Dolphin at Disney.

Can anyone help with suggstions on the best rooms to request, bearing in mind that the FF room and the other was at lowest rates.

Any other suggestions - we're only at the Dolphin for one night, but are staying in the the Hilton from the previous Tues to Thurs.

Thanx
Old Feb 26, 2001, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Are you any sort of elite with Starwood? If so, it doesn't matter whether you are using a FF or paying. You will generally be treated much better.
Old Feb 26, 2001, 4:08 pm
JAP
Original Poster

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Not elite yet, but will try with the JAL JMB promotion !!!!! (Tomorrow !!!)
Old Feb 26, 2001, 10:25 pm

Stayed at the Dolphin last year for 3 nights. As a Platinum got access to the hospitality area even on an award stay. Rooms were not huge.
Old Feb 27, 2001, 8:23 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Ask for a room with a view of the park.

The hotel is fine (showing its age a bit, and watch out if there is a huge conference going on) but ithas a great location. You can walk to EPCOT or take a boat to either EPCOT or the Studios. And the activities along the boardwalk are fun.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Feb 27, 2001, 8:36 am

Please forgive me in advance if I get my Dolphins and Swans mixed up..LOL.. It's been a year since I last stayed there. I am pretty sure the Dolphin is the one: Request a corner room, with large balcony, facing Epcot, preferably in the wing closest to the Yacht Club. These rooms have large balconies off the sides that have a great view of the fireworks (at least the ones above the ground).. Last year we actually downgraded to these from Club rooms, and went down/up/down to get to lounge.. The Club level rooms had no balconies (last yr) and I feel a balcony is a must, esp with a great view. Doublecheck the room to make sure that it is not at "palm tree level" though, as that will completely block the view! Good luck!

Lol.. Speaking about avoiding conventions.. Last year, there was a group at the Dolphin and they had the Beach Boys playing in a private room.. Since wife and kids are huge fans, (and since I attend these functions constantly), I talked to an attendee in the lobby who walked all of us into the concert.. We had a GREAT time!! Sometimes those conventions aren't really a problem!

[This message has been edited by Fishbait (edited 02-27-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Fishbait (edited 02-27-2001).]
Old Feb 27, 2001, 9:46 pm
In memoriam

I don't think you'll be dealing with conventioneers on March 30th. That's the height of Spring Break!!
Old Apr 3, 2003, 8:56 am

Programs: UA PremEx, AA Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Disney Dolphin

Heading down to a conference at the Dolphin. Never been to the hotel. Any advice on what type of room to request? Where is the best location in the hotel? View? Quiet and no noise? I am NOT heading down w/the kids or the wife so I hope to get some sun and peace and quiet and avoid the families (if possible). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 3, 2003, 9:17 am
Suspended

i see that you are new to flyertalk. welcome. bienvenido (sp?).

you might want to do a search on the dolphin using the search key in the upper right corner. there are literally scads of threads on this property. i would venture to say that this property and the NYC properties have the highest post counts.

then, if you don't see your question answered, ask your question in the most applicable thread. that way, all of the posts on this property can be in one (or two) nice, neat, tidy spots.

gracias.

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 04-03-2003).]
Old May 13, 2003, 8:15 am

Disney Dolphin

Could use some help. I have reservations for the Walt Disney Dolphin for mid-November of this year for 2 adults and 2 children in a standard room. I already have enough SPG points (I'm a Gold member) for the 1,000 points a night upgrade. Is this the upgrade to Club Level privs or are their other options? I may (just may) be able to get to the next upgrade level of 1,500 points a night. Is this upgrade for a Suite? And if so, do Club Level privs come with this automatically? Or would I need to ask for this as an extra upgrade? Would appreciate any and all help! THANKS, in advance!
Kapp
Old May 13, 2003, 8:53 am
Suspended

welcome. i would first do a search on flyertalk for what you are looking for (either using the terms "upgrade and points" or something like that).

the search button is in the upper right portion of the screen.

http://www.starwood.com/preferredgue...landing.html#3
Old Mar 24, 2004, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Dia, Marriott S
WDW Dolphin - Laundry?

Is there a guest laundry at the Dolphin? I assume we can use the hotel, but we are traveling with a baby and would prefer to clean her clothes, if needed, ourselves. The two older boys are fine, but babies are babies.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 11:38 am

There IS a self service guest laundry at the Dolphin... there isn't one at the Swan however, you have to carry it over to the Dolphin.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Dia, Marriott S
Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2004, 10:15 pm

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
You won't have any problem getting a washer, but keep an eye (or two or three) out for a dryer. They are very slow and the line gets long.

------------------
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.