Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Midway Chicago Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Midway Chicago Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2001, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Arrow Four Points Midway Chicago Airport [Master Thread]

I've got an early flight out of MDW tomorrow, so I'm booked at the 'supposedly' newly remodeled Four Points Midway. On the search function, all I've found reference to was a Midway/St Paul--which is hopefully not any indication of this property. Has anyone stayed at this 4 Points in Chicago??? I have until 4pm today to cancel, if its really bad and can switch to either the W City Center or the Hyatt Printers Row--both available at decent rates.
Old Aug 27, 2001, 11:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Never heard of it. The Midway Area is nto nice, though. A recommended Four Points in the Area is the one at Oak Brook, which isn't too far away, and gets high points considering its brand.
Old Aug 27, 2001, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL (MM), UA(MM) , AA(MM) , Bonvoy - LT Titanium
I have not stayed at the Four Points near Midway but agree with BoSoxFan45 that the area is not very nice.

Depending on what time your flight from MDW is in the morning, I would suggest you stay in the city and catch the train to MDW in the morning. Getting to MDW from Oak Brook in the morning rush hour can be quite a challenge and there is no easy way to do it using public transportation.
Old Aug 27, 2001, 9:00 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mauld:
I've got an early flight out of MDW tomorrow, so I'm booked at the 'supposedly' newly remodeled Four Points Midway. [...]Has anyone stayed at this 4 Points in Chicago??? I have until 4pm today to cancel, if its really bad and can switch to either the W City Center or the Hyatt Printers Row--both available at decent rates.</font>
Just saw your post.

I stayed there recently (re: 4Pts-MDW)...it's decent...it certainly wouldn't compare to a W...front desk staff was very friendly...views kind of suck (Tootsie Roll factory in the back, stores in the front/across the street [on the bright side, this includes a Costco]).

Given that you're flying out of MDW, & particularly given that it's an early flight, I'd definitely stay @ one of the Midway-based hotels, & not in "the city"--primarily due to traffic.

I haven't stayed @ the 4Pts-Oakbrook, so I can't speak to the issue of morning traffic from that location.

Early morning rush hour traffic from the 4Pts-Midway wasn't too bad...

[This message has been edited by ILTE_Miles (edited 08-27-2001).]
Old May 16, 2003, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold, , IHG Gold
4 Points at Midway Airport - any opinions?

I have to be at our offices in suburban Chicago for meetings in a couple of weeks, then have a ridiculously early flight out of Midway the next am. Instead of staying at my usual hotel, I was thinking of staying at the 4 Points at the airport so I can get a few extra minutes of beauty sleep. Any opinions?
Old May 17, 2003, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
To put it politely, this is not one of Starwoods better properties. It is a bit away from Midway (about a 8-10 min) drive by hotel van, and very very typically older style motel. It is next door to a smaller sized shopping center, and while it didn't appear in a particularly dangerous area,(as a woman) I wouldn't feel very safe walking around after dark. I'm Platinum and was given no special treatment or amenity (this was before the 'choice card'. My flight left early the next day so I didn't try the breakfast (in my case it was not offered free). The hotel seemed very empty and the decor had not been updated, with a musty smell on the carpet and bedding.
To get Starpoints & stay credits, and due to the relative closeness of Midway, in a pinch, yes I'd stay there again. But I wouldn't go out of my way. There are a couple of other better looking hotels nearby--Marriotts & Holiday Inn's that seemed to have a better appearance.
Old May 17, 2003, 8:36 pm

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Yes, I have an opinion, but my mother told me if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. With that, I can say they gave me 3 SPG points per dollar spent!
Old May 18, 2003, 7:41 am

If you don't mind checking-in, sleeping and nothing else for one night, then it's okay. My company has a facility right behind Ford City Mall, so I have stayed in the area quite a few times. The best property overall is the Hilton Oaklawn (they do have a shuttle...about 10 minutes away). There are several hotels closer, Courtyard, Hampton, Comfort Suites and another I can never remember).

Just curious, where is your usual property?

------------------
Randy
-------------------------
HH Gold; WN CP; NW Gold Elite
Old Jan 30, 2006, 12:16 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
Chicago Midway 4PTS - any new (nicer?) reviews

My search led me to 3 year old reveiws on this property which certainly were not very positive. Has anyone stayed here in the last year or so? Has anything be renovated or updated? I've got two trips coming up into Midway and prefer to stay near the airport, but also am looking for Starwood stays so I'm limited.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 4:01 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
Bump

Really? No one has stayed here in the last year? Or maybe no one has any nice comments?
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by kathnunley
Bump

Really? No one has stayed here in the last year? Or maybe no one has any nice comments?
I did in early October and it sucks. Location sucks (unless you're landing/flying out of Midway) -- otherwise you have to trek up and down Cicero through some pretty crappy traffic if you're near rush hour periods. Hotel is a below standard FP IMHO and the rooms are getting tired and somewhat ghetto. This is one of those locations that I promised myself that I would never ever stay at again.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I did in early October and it sucks. Location sucks (unless you're landing/flying out of Midway) -- otherwise you have to trek up and down Cicero through some pretty crappy traffic if you're near rush hour periods. Hotel is a below standard FP IMHO and the rooms are getting tired and somewhat ghetto. This is one of those locations that I promised myself that I would never ever stay at again.
Awful 4pts.Not only are the rooms tired but the last time I stayed there the parking lot was full from a wedding.When asked about where we should park they said in the toys r' us lot next door.This lot has clear signs that overnight parkers will be towed! I wont stay there again.
-howie
Old Feb 1, 2006, 8:26 am

Thumbs down

Couldn't agree more. Stayed late last year and it was in serious need of refurbishment. I would not stay at this hotel again under any circumstances.
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by Mattbpr
I would not stay at this hotel again under any circumstances.
Agreed, except for one 'minor' exception:
Mattress Runs from downtown Chicago!! Check-in, leave, call in the morning to check out, never enter the room, don't have to park in the lot next door, don't even have to turn off your car while you check in!!

Best wishes, Dave
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
I took a bump last year out of MDW, they put me here over night. I decided I would much rather have gone home, as the compensation was no where near having to stay at this place.

-Vincent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.