Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2003, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Arrow Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites [Master Thread]

Since the Westin La Paloma was showing no availability for the dates I'm in Tucson next week, I've booked into this property... I have just noticed that the Westin is now showing availability (no idea how that works!) but for a significantly higher rate; in fact about double what I'm booked for at the Sheraton.

Obviously the Westin is the nicer property, but am I going to be making a gigantic mistake by not rebooking? How is the Sheraton Tucson? Good SPG recognition?
Old Jul 17, 2003, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never having been to the Westin, I can't compare. But I have stayed at the Sheraton and as Plats we were pre-assigned a huge 2 room Suite with kitchenette.

The pool looked rather nice and the staff was wonderful. They even came to my room and took me in their little golf cart to the hospital across the street when I got ill while staying there (illness not related to the hotel!).
Old Jul 18, 2003, 4:49 am

Stayed there in May on priceline. Well worth the money we paid $35.00.
Very nice pool and breakfast buffet is included.
Also gave us credit for the stay.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 12:19 pm

I have stayed at this property three times and just love it. I am gold and was upgraded to a 2 room suite similar but nicer than an Embassy Suites. The breakfast buffet is included and has a good variety of hot items.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 12:20 pm

It's a somewhat older hotel, but with a wonderful staff. Always upgraded as Plat. Rooms are in very good shape, but this is not a resort by any stretch. If that's what you're looking for, you'll be disappointed. If you're looking for a great in-town Sheraton, this is your place.
Old Jul 19, 2003, 9:20 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Agree with headintheclouds...this is not a resort by any means. All rooms are two room suites similar to an embassy suites setup. The rooms are nice, so is the pool. The breakfast was also a nice advantage. This is not a resort area and is right on a busy street in Tucson. I was out there for work and my girlfried was out there for pleasure. She had fun, but had to drive a bit to get to horseback riding.

If you are going for work, it's a great hotel. If you are looking for a spa type vacation hotel, this isn't your place.
Old Jul 20, 2003, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Just checked in at the hotel; upgrade to a nice Club Level Suite with his-and-hers bathroom, walk-in shower, balcony etc.

Very good SPG recognition here!

Thanks for all the responses. Now to test the bed (just over 22 hours since I walked into the airport and I'm finally at my destination).
Old Apr 29, 2004, 6:11 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I just scored the presidential suite as an upgrade at this property.

Unfortunately I checked in at 5am after being out all night so I really did not get to enjoy it. I was so tired I slept in the room with two queen beds rather than the master suite.

In the morning I got a better look at the room. An 8 person dining room, large living room, a kitchen with tons of cabinets.

Property did look nice, comp breakfast as listed above by other posters.

Nothing posh but nice.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 5:56 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Updates?

I will be staying here or the Hilton East or Doubletree
It appears the Doubletree has the worst reviews with Sheraton somewhere in the middle and the Hilton the best.
Any comments all
Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2007, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I was at the Sheraton Tucson ~ 3 weeks ago. Got upgraded to a suite, which presents french doors for entry off a busy exterior corridor. Check in was quick and painless. Bathroom's tiny - sink outside in sleeping area.

VASTLY better than the much-maligned 4P Tucson...
Old Dec 9, 2007, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I was at the Sheraton Tucson ~ 3 weeks ago. Got upgraded to a suite, which presents french doors for entry off a busy exterior corridor. Check in was quick and painless. Bathroom's tiny - sink outside in sleeping area.

VASTLY better than the much-maligned 4P Tucson...
clean up to date well located?
Old Dec 10, 2007, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
clean up to date well located?
Yes. Meets what I would consider general Sheraton U.S. brand standards. The hotel is on the NE side of town, but Tucson's not big.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 8:19 am

Programs: US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs up

I've got well over 40 nights at this property since June this year, and it is very nice for what it is - a basic Sheraton property. I was upgraded all but one time at this property, and the staff is wonderful. They just completed a full renovation and the rooms are all very nicely done. Too bad there is no club floor, but other than that, it's very nice.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:24 pm

Great news ^ Thank you I feel much safer now
I will keep my booking there as it is also a lttle less $$ then the Hilton but on par rate wise with the Doubletree.
I trust the advice here far more then Trip Advisor where the reviews are all over the map.The Doubletree and Hilton Include breakfast for elites I assume the Sheraton does not?
Old Oct 14, 2008, 9:25 pm

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
I am surprised at the overall positive reviews of this property. I am there now, and it is pretty much a dump from my point of view.

True, the rooms have been "renovated" but they still feature mold in the bathrooms, switchplates falling out of walls, "renovated" light fixtures hanging from walls, cigarette butts in the hallways, and room service trays in hallways for over 24 hours. Air conditioning is noisy and the gym is appalling.

Beds and pillows are nice. The easy parking (read: not many other guests) and very low prices are also good features of this hotel. To be fair, they gave me 2 coupons for a free breakfast and 2 free cocktails as a Plat, which was not expected. Had I used them, the benefit would probably be worth about $30 at this property, but the bar/restaurant was too nasty to be patronized, even for free.

For the future, in Tucson, I will stay at the La Paloma even at twice the price. While I have complained about that property in the past, I would rather be in a standard room at La Paloma than in a suite at the Sheraton Tucson any day. Neither is a luxury property, but I suppose I have to accept that Tucson is not a luxury town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.