Wiki Posts
Search

Your First Post on FlyerTalk [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2002, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt
Do you remember you first.....post?

Being a relative babe to this whole thing, and seeing some of the huge post counts on peoples profiles, I was wondering if anyone actually remembers their first post?

I have been registered a while, but for one reason or another, haven't been keeping up to date as much as should. I work for AA, and September 11th had a huge affect on morale, and I became a lapsed member.

In the past few weeks, the tips on this site have saved me close to a Ł1000, which is a nice introduction! Just wanted to say hi, and hopefully will get to know some of you guys, as you seem like a great bunch.

Anyone ever fancy drinks in London, you know who to call.

Old Feb 18, 2002, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I can't remember the exact post, but I knew it had to do with getting an upgraded seat on CO from the US to Europe. In the end, the long & short of it was operational upgrades overseas are very difficult to come by

PS-- we missed you in Paris. Did you ever make it over???
Old Feb 18, 2002, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Hmmm... this prompted me to go and do a search in the forums I remember reading in my early days to figure out where my first post was.

I figured it had to be in the AA forum where I have been the most active - and I found one there from mid-August 2001. A further search found one a couple of weeks earlier in the Hilton forum from early-August.

Then I found post #1 from July 2001 - ironically enough responding to come to an event hosted by a couple of (then) strangers who I have come to know much better (and one of whom is now a dear friend).

Funny thing was, I participated in FT Chat before I ever posted... thus my registration goes back to March 2001. I think I have to have been a lurker for two years prior to that, too, as I first found the community in 1999.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 7:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Matthew, Welcome!

The first I can remember were in December of 2000. I had listened to a time share presentation at a Marriott in Park City. I had only a few days to do research. I had been lurking on FT for a few months.

The folks on the Marriott board were very helpful (seems like there was someone very rude who flamed me). But, I got all kinds of good advice that led me to make the right decision for me (not to buy).

Been hooked ever since.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 8:56 pm

First post was July 1, 1999 (tried to find it in archives, but can't). I had been lurking for about 4 months at the time. Originally found the site from WebFlyer, but can't remember how I found WebFlyer.

It talked about a UA flight I had taken from PDX-LHR-PDX.

It got responses & welcomes from many of the veterans here...PremEx, Rudi, PG (pguptaat that time) and a number of others.

Been part of my daily routine ever since.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 10:15 pm
Suspended

I remember my first post very well. It was quite recent and the topic was "Prettiest Flight Attendants". But there seems to be no record of it now sadly ... a victim of callous censorship.

God Bless America!
Old Feb 18, 2002, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
You know, Froggy, (while I don't like the deletion of posts, especially one's like yours which are almost as funny as they are controversial), maybe you are better off.

I just went back and read some of my very early posts and I don't even know that person anymore.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 11:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by techgirl:
Then I found post #1 from July 2001 - ironically enough responding to come to an event hosted by a couple of (then) strangers who I have come to know much better (and one of whom is now a dear friend).</font>
I remember that post like it were yesterday....

BTW, thanks for the "dear friend" designation! (P.S. I know you're talking about the other host.)

As for my own post, I had returned from a biztrip on AA (LGA-DFW) earlier in the day, and related not seeing powerports on the aircraft, as well as the CSR's not having accurate information at the time concerning OneStop locations.

I can't forget the date - one day before my birthday!

Studley

------------------
The perfect ladies' man is a perfect gentleman.

[This message has been edited by studley (edited 02-18-2002).]
Old Feb 18, 2002, 11:55 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
I went to Party In Paradise (in Hawaii, 1999) a lurker and came back and started my first topic and posted my first post. I think the title was, PIP: an outsider's take.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 12:33 am

My first post was in May 2000 and I dont have a clue what that post was about Since I mostly post in the SK forum I guess my first FT post was made there.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt
Wow, I just realised, I have made 12 posts, and I can't remember what my first post was!?!

Advice to everyone, don't get old! If I am like this at 24, what I am going to be like in my twilight years I hate to think!

Thank you for your replies all, keep 'em coming!
Old Feb 19, 2002, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Hmmm. Nobody seems to remember - me included.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 6:24 pm
shauna

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Froggy:
I remember my first post very well. It was quite recent and the topic was "Prettiest Flight Attendants". But there seems to be no record of it now sadly ... a victim of callous censorship.

God Bless America!
</font>
Your post is gone but not forgotten, Froggy. I would LOVE a female flight attendant (preferably an older plain-looking one) to stand by your seat and ogle you on your next flight. Perhaps a few belittling references to what's under your seat belt. Perhaps a few comparisons to men she has found to be far better-looking.

How long before you would seek to callously censor her? How much would you Bless America if she stood there and (de)graded your body for the whole flight?

Old Feb 19, 2002, 8:57 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Found mine:

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/000209.html

In the same thread I end up asking Blondebomber what the difference between a Junior Member and Member is!!! LOL!!!

Dorian
Old Feb 19, 2002, 10:44 pm

I don't have too many posts, but still I couldn't recall on top of my head. The search result shows that my first post was about UA cancelling SFO-STS...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.