Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Heathrow [Clothes pressing service at Arrivals lounge?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2024, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

I have been unable to discern if the Galleries Lounge at Heathrow presses clothes for arrivals. Does anyone know?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:17 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by fredwfussell
I have been unable to discern if the Galleries Lounge at Heathrow presses clothes for arrivals. Does anyone know?
Unless anything has changed recently, when you use the showers in the arrivals lounge, you can put your shirt etc on a hanger on a 2-way door in the shower room. They then press it and return it within a few minutes.
SxMan and Mekko like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Ah, I was not very clear, in fact, led you astray. I am arriving but only a connection at Heathrow. I plan to use the Galleries at T5A. Does that one press clothes?
Keystone likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:29 am

Yes it’s still available. The buttons on the doors can be unreliable so worth mentioning it to the attendant when you get allocated your shower room.

Edit to add: talking about Arrivals lounge. I don’t believe it’s available at the departures lounges.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ah, I was not very clear, in fact, led you astray. I am arriving but only a connection at Heathrow. I plan to use the Galleries at T5A. Does that one press clothes?
It's only Arrivals. You can go via Arrivals if you have entry rights to the UK, particularly if you have a passport which can use the e-gates, it may not add any time to the overall process. Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Wow, this service is still on offer?! I am impressed.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's only Arrivals. You can go via Arrivals if you have entry rights to the UK, particularly if you have a passport which can use the e-gates, it may not add any time to the overall process. Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum.
Assuming the OP is arriving on a long-haul flight in Club World or First, or is OWE.
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
Assuming the OP is arriving on a long-haul flight in Club World or First, or is OWE.
Yes, good point, and it's always a risk with these condensed questions: the access requirements for Arrivals is different from Galleries Club.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Thank all of you for the information, which has made me think a bit. Had planned on the departure lounge but would the arrivals be preferred. We have a bit of a time crunch. Arrive at 06:30 and depart 9:05. We are continuing to Cyprus and will not need to retrieve luggage. Pressing of clothes would certainly be nice but not imperative. We are in Business Class.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 9:23 am

Thank all of you for the information, which has made me think a bit. Had planned on the departure lounge but would the arrivals be preferred. We have a bit of a time crunch. Arrive at 06:30 and depart 9:05. We are continuing to Cyprus and will not need to retrieve luggage. Pressing of clothes would certainly be nice but not imperative. We are in Business Class.
If it was a longhaul business class to LHR, Club World, then yes that gives access to Arrivals, shorthaul, Club Europe, would be a no. I don't think it's that big a deal, but it is a service on offer in Arrivals, you do have enough time for going landside if you arrive on time. Most people would stick to airside though. The usual reason people choose Arrivals is that if Emerald / BA Gold it can be more pleasant going via the First Wing compared to Flight Connections, and also that there are far more showers in Arrivals compared to the airside provision. On the other hand the food and drink provision is greater airside compared to Arrivals.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:59 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
I wouldn't bother, flying business in CE on the Cyprus leg, don't wear anything posh, not a great deal of room and you may find you could have spillages and then need dry cleaning at the destination.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
Where are you arriving from?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Philadelphia
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Philadelphia
In which case you can use the Arrivals lounge, bearing in mind it’s landside so you’ll have to clear UK immigration first (you should be able to use the automated e-gates assuming you have a biometric US passport).
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:03 pm

I’m always a bit nervous about putting my only pair of trousers in an ironing cupboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.