Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Just reached Gold - but BP still shows Silver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club

This morning some TPs posted from a journey I made on Sunday, and my App / the website has been updated to reflect this, showing that I am Gold.

However, when checking in online for a flight it still produces a boarding pass with Group 2, stating Silver. Am I likely to experience any issues when trying to access the First Wing / Lounge this afternoon?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
it usually takes 24 to 48 hours from when the TPs post till the app and boarding passes show you as gold.

yes you are likely to get issues if you try and use the first wing and first lounge if the TPs getting you to gold only posted today.

Does the app show you as gold when you click on My Account or does it just say you have 1500+TP and still show as silver?? (you have mentioned in your post it shows you as gold)

its worth reviewing this post in the dashboard thread about moving between tiers

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24987136-post1.html

if the app is showing gold then you can try using the app to get access to the first lounge
DiamondMile likes this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Apr 19, 2024 at 6:44 am
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for reply. My App has changed colour as has the website. Only thing that's still showing as silver is the boarding pass. It allows me to order Gold luggage tags should I want to, however I'm still being charged for exit seats on Long haul Economy.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by joepatr
Thanks for reply. My App has changed colour as has the website. Only thing that's still showing as silver is the boarding pass. It allows me to order Gold luggage tags should I want to, however I'm still being charged for exit seats on Long haul Economy.

if the app is showing gold then you can try using the app to get access to the first lounge

not all the systems update on the same day, it takes a little time for the info to replicate across the multiple systems

you could try removing and re adding your BAEC number from your booking and see if that makes any difference. You would need to do that on the AY website
Tobias-UK and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. FWIW, the Gold "benefits" (at least the obvious ones of Row 1 selection in CE and exit row selection in WT, as well as a group 1 boarding pass) all appeared for me the day after the TPs posted and the app/website turned gold. I did get into the lounge, however as expected it was declined on the computers but the staff let me in on presentation of the App.
adrianlondon and Tobias-UK like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.