Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to force a higher fare class with LH group?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
How to force a higher fare class with LH group?

I’m looking at an itinerary for May (one way, US to EU). There are several LH group options that book into S. Wondering if there’s a way to search and book the same flights in W. The reason is so I can pick up more PQPs with United, which is worth the increased cost to me

i don’t see a way to do it on the Lufthansa site. Open to using an OTA but would prefer to book direct if it’s possible. Just as long as it doesn’t end up on UA ticket stock.

thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:12 pm
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
Sounds like a job for a "real" travel agent. American Express Travel for example can do that. Also you could directly call Lufthansa and book, however I'm not 100% sure if everyone can book with them on the phone or just status customers.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:05 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Not possible online, this is a job for a travel agent (not OTA, a real one).

Calling LH will work, eventually (HUACA is a risk, if you get a particularly junior or avoidant agent), but with the phone booking surcharge, you are better off finding a local IATA agent instead
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Book on united.com (where you can specify the booking class), unless you have to have the native flight numbers (and UA will usually convert them, as/if needed)
Old Apr 20, 2024, 12:43 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by cfischer
Book on united.com (where you can specify the booking class), unless you have to have the native flight numbers (and UA will usually convert them, as/if needed)
May not be a good idea, OP is looking for PQP which is calculated differently depending on the ticket stock. A real travel agent is what he needs. There are a few on this forum. May be one can pm him.
airoli, the810 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
May not be a good idea, OP is looking for PQP which is calculated differently depending on the ticket stock. A real travel agent is what he needs. There are a few on this forum. May be one can pm him.
it is rare that 220 stock will earn more PQP than 016. I understood that the OP wanted the higher fare class to earn more …
Old Apr 20, 2024, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Let us hope the OP's employer is not reading this post...
Old Apr 20, 2024, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Let us hope the OP's employer is not reading this post...
where does it say this is OPM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.