Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AKL to LON via LAX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2024, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

AKL to LON via LAX

Hi there, we are flying airnz to LAX then onwards to London with Virgin, we have a 10 hour wait at LAX and I’m wondering are we allowed to use the star alliance lounge? We are Airnz Elite members
Old Apr 19, 2024, 8:22 pm

Programs: NZ*G
You will not be able to access the Star Alliance lounges as you are connecting to a Virgin operated flight departing from LAX (I think it's different for SFO?).

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/co-o...lantic-airways
Old Apr 19, 2024, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Well that sucks, we have an American Express Airpoints platinum card do you know if we can access the American Express lounge?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 8:59 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by tairantei
Well that sucks, we have an American Express Airpoints platinum card do you know if we can access the American Express lounge?
There are lots of different types of Platinum cards - if you're meaning the regular NZ Amex Airpoints Platinum card then no it does not give free entry. You will get your two Priority Pass vouchers though if you've signed up for that.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
There are lots of different types of Platinum cards - if you're meaning the regular NZ Amex Airpoints Platinum card then no it does not give free entry. You will get your two Priority Pass vouchers though if you've signed up for that.
yes airnz Amex, oh Priority Pass, that’s like a wet bus ticket in the US
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:46 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I hope you're planning to leave the airport anyway.. There is certainly no way I'd ever spend 10 hours stuck there when there is no much to do.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 5:17 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle
You will get your two Priority Pass vouchers though if you've signed up for that.
Be careful with this, I got stung a $35 USD charge because you can't use one of the free passes for a guest. Wasn't told about this when I entered the lounge, and priority pass wouldn't refund and deduct 2 vouchers instead of 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.