Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AA flights no longer crediting promptly, if at all

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2024, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum

AA used to credit to BAEC next day, it seemed; sometimes, if not always, faster than BA flights. Now it seems like for every booking I have to file a missing avios claim. I've had to do it for two Basic Econ itineraries and one in domestic first class. Is this just the new normal? Thankfully I keep my boarding passes, but this is giving me PTSD to the early Alaska days where nothing credited properly and everything was a mess.
Cheapskate22 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm currently waiting for an AA basic economy flight from DCA-LGA to credit from seven days ago!
Old Apr 27, 2024, 3:10 pm

I flew LAX-BOS return a few weeks ago on AA. The return leg credited right away; the outbound never did. I submitted a claim but over ten days on and still nothing.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I had 2 AA sectors this week and both posted the next day, quicker than BA.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 3:30 pm
H2L

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I had 2 AA sectors this week and both posted the next day, quicker than BA.
Yep. 3 from AA last week and 2 from AY all credited next day for me. The one BA flight in the ticket took 4 days...
Old Apr 27, 2024, 3:47 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
My trip in Feb didn't credit (3 out of 6 sectors did) and had to chase up.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Yes incredibly annoying. I still have a return leg from January that didnt credit. BA told me that I didnt fly it (which of course I did) and then went silent on my response.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
3 from last Saturday and Sunday haven't posted yet.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Im in the middle of a US trip now, 3 flights so far all credited the next day
Old Apr 28, 2024, 3:28 am

Programs: BA
Three AA flights this month: one credited the following day, two took two days.
Markie likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Manc94
I'm currently waiting for an AA basic economy flight from DCA-LGA to credit from seven days ago!
Originally Posted by prof
I flew LAX-BOS return a few weeks ago on AA. The return leg credited right away; the outbound never did. I submitted a claim but over ten days on and still nothing.
Originally Posted by marconess
My trip in Feb didn't credit (3 out of 6 sectors did) and had to chase up.
Originally Posted by Cheapskate22
Yes incredibly annoying. I still have a return leg from January that didnt credit. BA told me that I didnt fly it (which of course I did) and then went silent on my response.
Originally Posted by OddJobMan
Im in the middle of a US trip now, 3 flights so far all credited the next day
Originally Posted by H2L
Yep. 3 from AA last week and 2 from AY all credited next day for me. The one BA flight in the ticket took 4 days...
Thanks everyone for your posts. So it seems everyone's experiences are wildly different with no apparent rhyme or reason as to why some posted timely and others haven't. lol. The only thing I've noticed is outside of my one first class domestic flight that didn't post timely, every other posting that lagged was a Basic Economy flight. So maybe that's the culprit?
Old May 1, 2024, 11:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
10 days and no sign of anything.

Do you chase up through BA?
Old May 2, 2024, 12:34 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
Thanks everyone for your posts. So it seems everyone's experiences are wildly different with no apparent rhyme or reason as to why some posted timely and others haven't. lol. The only thing I've noticed is outside of my one first class domestic flight that didn't post timely, every other posting that lagged was a Basic Economy flight. So maybe that's the culprit?
thats not it either...i only fly F or J and my AA flights in the last six months have indeed been a mixed bag that those you quote seem to have experienced so i just chalk it up to the classic BA IT because if a large majority of AA flights post near immediately, with others lagging--for flights taken on the same day--i dont suspect AA is the problem here.

but having to chase with BA is quite a pain as i have not had one claim fulfilled correctly with either wrong TP or avios posted manually by BA
Old May 2, 2024, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I flew one afternoon earlier this week and the TP had posted by the next morning.
Old May 2, 2024, 6:19 am

Programs: BA GfL, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
something is clearly f'ed up. I am waiting for 2 LATAM flights, 1 I2, 1 IB and 2 QR. My BA segments do seem to have credited after a few days but I have 3 AA flights coming up and will get to 2500 TP 2 days before my end of year so I can see a problem on the horizon trying to extract everything in order to get my GUF2 (and I will finish my year on exactly 2500)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.