Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access and burgers for LON-DUB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2024, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Lounge access and burgers for LON-DUB

I'm looking for a flight for self, wife and son for Sunday Aug 4 to DUB, ideally for mid-day so we can get to the DUB Conrad early enough to enjoy to the hotel (only 1 nt booked there). I'd like to get lounge access where I can order him the famous pub burger. What are the best options for this? I'm OWE thru AA and also BA Gold.

Looks like there is only 1 flight out of LGW a day and not until evening. And nothing out of LCY at all. BA has a gap in flights from like 1000 to 1500 from LHR, which is odd? Does EI fly out of LGW at all? If we flew EI out of LHR would we even have lounge access or would we be stuck in the wrong terminal? I assume all the BA flights are T5, or are there any to DUB out of T3?
Old Apr 27, 2024, 4:59 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
All BA DUB flights from LHR are from T5. BA / OneWorld status doesnt help on EI as they are not in OneWorld.

Im not aware of any BA lounges in London, excluding the CCR, offering burgers now or in the recent past. The pre-Covid Galleries First burger is dead and gone.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84
All BA DUB flights from LHR are from T5. BA / OneWorld status doesnt help on EI as they are not in OneWorld.

Im not aware of any BA lounges in London, excluding the CCR, offering burgers now or in the recent past. The pre-Covid Galleries First burger is dead and gone.
Only LGW F still offers the burger (+ccr as youve said)
krispy84 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:10 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I’m not aware of any BA lounges in London, excluding the CCR, offering burgers now or in the recent past. The pre-Covid Galleries First burger is dead and gone.
All food ordering has been discontinued from the LHR First lounge. It's now just the same buffet as the Club lounge.

The LGW First lounge still has ordering but I don't remember seeing a burger on the menu recently (though it's not something I would choose so can't say for certain).
Old Apr 27, 2024, 6:03 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
All food ordering has been discontinued from the LHR First lounge. It's now just the same buffet as the Club lounge.

The LGW First lounge still has ordering but I don't remember seeing a burger on the menu recently (though it's not something I would choose so can't say for certain).
I was last in LHR GF a month ago and thought they still had 2 or 3 food options available via QR code?

I havent flown from LGW in ages, and same re. a burger tbh.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC
How about Wetherspoons?
DeathSlam and Sealink like this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 6:17 pm

I was last in LHR GF a month ago and thought they still had 2 or 3 food options available via QR code?

I havent flown from LGW in ages, and same re. a burger tbh.
only drinks available via QR but all the same stuff you can collect yourself. Indeed there arent even codes on the new tables iirc.

burger was alive and well in LGW F earlier this year

Old Apr 27, 2024, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some lamentations about the demise of the Flounge burger from a couple of years ago:
​​​​​​No kir royale? No BA Burger?

Also see:
​​​​​​What happened to the CCR/F lounge burger
​​​​​​Tell me why? CCR Burger?

I'd like to get lounge access where I can order him the famous pub burger.
I can't say that I have ever been that impressed with the burger on the rare occasion that I've ordered it; it wasn't terrible it just was a not so special burger. And I don't think I've ever thought of it as being famous (infamous maybe?).
krispy84, IAMORGAN and oceanscape like this.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Apr 27, 2024 at 6:45 pm
Old Apr 28, 2024, 3:49 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Just a buffet in Galleries First these days sadly. There is drinks ordering via a basic app/web interface. BA fly to DUB (technically a domestic flight as it's within common travel area) from T5. If you wanted to fly EI that would be from T4. EI is a partner airline to BA but not a Oneworld member. There's an overcomplicated rule book about who gets access to lounges in that context - I think BA codeshare with BA Gold (but not any other oneworld airline equivalent status or BA silver) gets into LHR EI lounge, and no guests. So in summary you're probably better off with BA (so guests allowed into lounge) and having either lounge buffet or buy food in terminal)
Old Apr 28, 2024, 4:19 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
How about Wetherspoons?
This^
I tend to eat in the Lounges because I have paid for my status and want to enjoy the free stuff.
But the food options outside are far better, I would say *any* food option outside the lounges is better than any of the lounge offerings (CCR excepted, but even that is really little better than your local gastropub)
Globe, 'spoons, Giraffe, Pilots, all offer burgers, it's just that it might be a bit noisy and full of people with their families going on holiday...
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 4:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The BA LGW-DUB service is an ATR, and is usually 2 flights a day, but one a day at weekends. Aer Lingus is stopping its LGW service shortly.

There is BA834 from LHR on Sunday 4 August, departing 10:35 hrs, so did you get the right date? Or some other unmentioned factor?

Being Emerald you can guest one person, assuming your child is over 2 years old, so either you will need to travel Club or ditch one member of your family. There's no guesting on Aer Lingus, it's just for the BA Gold cardholder. Wetherspoon in T5 is open to all, but probably Pilots or Gordon Ramsay would be a better quality experience.

The Conrad in DUB is a good hotel but not perhaps as good as some other Conrads.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Id stop in at Five Guys en route to the airport if you really want a burger. The BA burger was never anything special.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by so3003
If you wanted to fly EI that would be from T4.
T4?

When did they move?
Old Apr 29, 2024, 1:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
It's just a sad buffet in LHR Galleries First these days, no more custom ordering and definitely no more burgers. It's a shame it's gone IMO but agree with others that I'm not sure where you heard to it being a "famous" or "pub" burger. It was nothing special.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
T4?

When did they move?
They didnt. Maybe the other poster got EI confused with El Al 😀

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.