Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Did Finnair just fire their entire customer service team?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2024, 8:23 am
Original Poster

I’ve been trying to get hold of Finnair customer service all day, and since I’m abroad I don’t want to make an expensive long-distance call. So I try to use the chat.

Except there is no chat. There’s just Sisu. Useless, time-wasting, ChatGPT-wannabe, Wish.com-chatbot Sisu. Takes forever to even get passed on to an agent, but the agent doesn’t pick up, ever. And the app keeps asking me ”Still there? Return to the app to keep the chat session open.”

What is going on with Finnair customer service? Is the chat simply dead? Do I need to set up a Skype account in order to phone them?
impeymac, vulle and H2L like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:57 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Having the same experience!

Just had AY146 cancelled in Nov & been transferred to AY142, which means a 3am start for an 8am dep from BKK. I can change to AY144 & a 3pm dep, but this means an overnight in HEL before flying on to LHR.

Will AY give me a free hotel as it's their fault? Only a human can tell me.

Last edited by impeymac; May 2, 2024 at 9:16 am
Old May 2, 2024, 9:19 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by impeymac
Having the same experience!

Just had AY146 cancelled in Nov & been transferred to AY142, which means a 3am start for an 8am dep from BKK. I can change to AY144 & a 3pm dep, but this means an overnight in HEL before flying on to LHR.

Will AY give me a free hotel as it's their fault? Only a human can tell me.
very doubtful ay will pay for hotel, theyll offer a refund if you dont want to morning flight. Of course it never hurts to try
impeymac likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 10:24 am

Probably also laid off IT as a Vappu present. My July bookings can no longer be managed via app or Website. One of the feeder flights changed flight number, nothing else, and now I can't select seats, add baggage, anything except via chat or call. The app has a banner that says "you can confirm your new flights with just a few clicks" with no link to click (and in actuality there are no "new" flights at all to confirm- just a flight number change).
Old May 6, 2024, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Maxxan
Takes forever to even get passed on to an agent, but the agent doesn’t pick up, ever.
I've noticed that my adblocker blocked Salesforce chat aka salesforceliveagent.com which caused nice bugs with the chat. Remove that block on your adblocker or browser for AY website and maybe it works a little bit better? 🤞
Old May 6, 2024, 6:31 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
very doubtful ay will pay for hotel, theyll offer a refund if you dont want to morning flight. Of course it never hurts to try
Just to update:

The ChatBot was completely useless so I rang Finnair UK Customer Service (UK number but answered in Finland). The very helpful CS lady transferred Mrs IM & myself to our preferred flights at no cost.

However, the new afternoon departure from BKK left us with 9h 20m overnight in HEL. I was advised to book a hotel & submit a compensation claim, & the lady even emailed me a link to the relevant section of the Finnair website.

Could have been a lot worse, especially on a Bank Holiday. Thanks Finnair. 👍
kauppias, ffay005 and aster like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.