Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR to IAH: fly BA195 or BA197 in F?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2024, 8:40 am
Original Poster

LHR to IAH: fly BA195 or BA197 in F?

When I head to our Austin office, I'd normally fly into AUS, but have a meeting in Houston so booked on the 295 to IAH in F mid-June, which at the moment is using a new 777-300 which I'm hoping is the 'new' F with door? My thinking was, get the early flight, breakfast in the lounge, work on the plane, land early so I can pick up the hire car and plenty of time to get to the hotel.

I've never flown this route nor into IAH. However, I did read people prefer the BA197 as immigration is quieter later in the day and other reasons such as more time in CCR.

What would you guys go for based on your experience flying into IAH and why? I might switch to the later BA197 which is the older 787-9 (I'd prefer the new F...).

Last edited by chriswiles; May 2, 2024 at 9:25 am
Old May 2, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Pedant alert.

Houston flights are BA195 and BA197.

Sorry, cannot help with the substance of your post.
Old May 2, 2024, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rubecula
Pedant alert.
Indeed.

Anyone offer any feedback irrespective of the 2 instead of 1 put in front of the flight numbers when I'm rather busy at work with plenty of other things to worry about than double-checking this...
Old May 2, 2024, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
The early flight is horrible for jetlag because it's a very early start in the UK and a long day ahead of you afterwards. Maybe if you sleep all the way in F but that kind of defeats the purpose.
Old May 2, 2024, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
I took the morning flight but it was a 789 then. I actually prefer the F cabin on the 787.lt was summer 2022 and departed at 10:10am. The immigration was fairly quick, about 15 mins but the transfer took a while into downtown. Personally I prefer early morning UK departures to afternoon ones. Flight home was cancelled and I was re routed via ORD so cant comment on the return
Old May 2, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Only a few 777-300's have the new first suite I believe.

Where as all of the 787's do (minus the door)
Old May 2, 2024, 11:42 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

If you're hand baggage only, you can use the "One Stop". This allows you to skip the main immigration queue, get processed very quickly and then bypass the baggage area and customs completely.

It was a god send when I used to do that route regularly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.