Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH loses paid seat selection on after aircraft change (UA ticket)?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

LH loses paid seat selection on after aircraft change (UA ticket)?

I am flying ORD-FRA-MLA and back the same way. I bought the ticket on united.com. ORD-FRA is on UA, FRA-MLA is on LH. I paid to reserve seats on the LH segments (on lufthansa.com, using the LH record locator) but LH keeps losing my seat selections on FRA-MLA (but not on the return). I had seats reserved, then noticed they disappeared when the aircraft changed from an A320 to an A321. I called and had new seats assigned. Now, I just noticed they're gone again. Does anyone know what's happening and how to resolve it once and for all? Thanks
Old May 8, 2024, 12:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
On an aircraft change this is not uncommon (as in your first case), has there been any further schedule / aircraft changes.
Old May 8, 2024, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nope, it still says it's on an A321.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I've had precisely the same problem. I purchased SFO-FRA-WAW on United.com; FRA-WAW is a UA code share operated by LH. Lost my seat assignment on the LH segment after an equipment change. Called to put the seat assignment back in, but then, three days later, it was gone again. LH keeps putting it in and the seat assignment invariable keeps dropping after 2-3 days. LH CS agents have variously blamed the UA originating flight, the code-share status of the LH segment, and UA IT. It's very frustrating ...
Old May 8, 2024, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There was a Reddit thread I found (but can't find now) where someone said that the LH reps don't really know how to handle the situation. What's happening is LH's system is noting you have a seat reservation without a corresponding payment because the rep didn't attach it to the reservation (or didn't know how) and is canceling the seat reservation.
Old May 12, 2024, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It seems this is what’s happening to me. I have called LH a couple times now to reinstate the seat selections and each time the system releases the seats 72 hours after I call.

Does anyone know how to get a competent customer service rep or how to get them to actually fix this?
Old May 13, 2024, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Solution is not to pay for ASR.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

but then I'd be in a middle seat, which I don't want. Not reserving a seat isn't a solution.

The real solution is for LH to learn to be a proper airline with functioning systems, it seems.
Old May 13, 2024, 10:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
but then I'd be in a middle seat, which I don't want. Not reserving a seat isn't a solution.

The real solution is for LH to learn to be a proper airline with functioning systems, it seems.
Next time instead of selecting a seat in economy class and paying for it, Just upgrade yourself on LH to C for the FRA-WAW segment. Usually it is around $80 ow.
Old May 13, 2024, 12:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN** | Accor Platinum
There are many issues on seat selection and payment. I book and pay a seat on the LH website on an A3 connecting flight booked through LH. Next day I receive an automatic e-mail from SN (yes, not LH) telling me to call back. I call but the agent had no clue why the callback message was there and says everything is fine. Then I notice my paid seat has disappeared, so I call again and they tell me to contact LH to sort it out as it’s their booking. Calling LH on the issue and they tell me I have to go through A3 as operating airline. Calling A3 they send me back to LH as it’s on an LH ticket number. So I try again on the LH website, and so far it seems to have worked. Still waiting for a refund of the double payment though… what a mess and loss of time
Old May 14, 2024, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Hmm I never pay for ASR and I can't recall a flight were I ended up in a middle seat with LH/LH Group. You are aware of OLCI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.