Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need A Decent Hotel At JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2003, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Need A Decent Hotel At JFK

Traveling to JFK for first time next month.
are there any decent hotels available at JFK airport ??

Thanks in advanve for any adivce.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
SHERATON IS ok. Brand new, really nice, great price, Hampton Inn high rise.
Old May 20, 2005, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Just wondering if I can resurrect this thread - deoes anyone have any updates/additional thoughts? May be on the early BA flight back to London, so it seems to make more sense to stay at JFK (and save the $$$'s/hassle of morning traffic) than getting a hotel downtown. Hilton group would be preferred, but I can live without it.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 11:06 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Ressurecting for myself here...

I'm doing a MR from the west coast, arriving JFK @12:30AM, turn around and fly out 6 1/2 hours later back to the west coast...

Hotels seem seem a little high (yes, I know it's still NYC) even the Hampton is $199. Quite excessive for the 5 hours I'd actually spend there, me thinks...I stayed at the Doubletree there once before, and thought that was kind of crappy, but certainly fine for that night, that's checking in at $150.

Any suggestions on hotels? Can I sleep in the airport? I'm paying out of my own pocket and can't see paying anything over $100 for such a short time...I don't need fancy or nice, but a 'respectable' place for sure.

I've pricelined up to $75 (about $95 w/tax) and they've been rejected.

Thanks folks, any help would be appreciated...

Last edited by MBS MillionMiler; Jul 30, 2005 at 11:12 am
Old Jul 30, 2005, 4:22 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The Courtyard by Marriott wasn't bad; I wrote a review over at www.tripadvisor.com (I'm the one from Pasadena, CA).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.