Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Business Class recently?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2005, 7:08 pm

So if I'm connecting to CPH from MIA am I consigned to the Schengen lounge, then? I have @ 4 hour layover, so I hope it's not too abysmal.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 4:14 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Any thoughts on the business class on the MAD-CAI route?
I just looked and it seems the plane is smaller than I expected.

Connecting from South America in November and it wasn't a day that BA flies but the section to MAD is on LA....

WF
Old Jun 14, 2005, 4:48 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I am booked on MAD - JNB in late July, the res is showing A343, so is this new or old J seat ? Where can I check, as IB website seems to be very very basic.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old Jun 14, 2005, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Any thoughts on the business class on the MAD-CAI route?
I just looked and it seems the plane is smaller than I expected.
WF
Standard intra-European Business class in a 2-3 configuration. Far from pleasant for a 5 hour sector.

BA fly daily from LHR on a long haul 747 if that is of any use.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Standard intra-European Business class in a 2-3 configuration. Far from pleasant for a 5 hour sector.

BA fly daily from LHR on a long haul 747 if that is of any use.

Yep, definitely go for the BA 747! You won't regret it.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 10:47 am

More questions. It seems that 1 of the 2 daily JFK-MAD is the A340-600 with new business class. What about the other flight? Is it scheduled for the new plane soon?

Also, where would the flights to Istanbul leave from, the intecontential terminal (I think that is terminal 1 with the nice lounge) or the intra-European terminal (#2)?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 1:01 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by headinclouds
More questions. It seems that 1 of the 2 daily JFK-MAD is the A340-600 with new business class. What about the other flight? Is it scheduled for the new plane soon?

Also, where would the flights to Istanbul leave from, the intecontential terminal (I think that is terminal 1 with the nice lounge) or the intra-European terminal (#2)?
Presently the MAD terminal is separated by Schengen/non-Schengen with the non-Schengen side being nicer (it isn't intercontinental/inter-Europe though it works out mostly that way; UK is non-Schengen for example). Turkey is non-Schengen at the moment so you'll get the somewhat nicer lounge (but not as nice as it used to be as they have converted the F lounge to J). Shortly IB is moving to the new terminal at MAD, which is a single terminal for all IB flights (instead of the inter-connected terminals). The lounge situation is unclear but presumably there will still be Schengen/non-Schengen lounges with the long-haul flights being non-Schengen.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 1:03 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by GK
I am booked on MAD - JNB in late July, the res is showing A343, so is this new or old J seat ? Where can I check, as IB website seems to be very very basic.
IB isn't telling. Most A343 are the old seat but some have been converted, and IB is not showing fleet disposition (perhaps because they know their substitution record). Right now it is about 20% chance for new J, improving by about 5% per month as they convert planes. All of the A346 have new J, I think.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by number_6
Shortly IB is moving to the new terminal at MAD, which is a single terminal for all IB flights (instead of the inter-connected terminals). The lounge situation is unclear but presumably there will still be Schengen/non-Schengen lounges with the long-haul flights being non-Schengen.
Do you know what is the date for the move to the new terminal? Also, does IB have its own lounge at LHR or do they use another and, what is the lounge like?
Thanks for any info
Old Oct 2, 2005, 10:02 am

Programs: AA- EXP 1.7MM, UA - PE, SPG - PL
Originally Posted by upgrade lover
Do you know what is the date for the move to the new terminal? Also, does IB have its own lounge at LHR or do they use another and, what is the lounge like?
Thanks for any info
Yes, IB has their own lounge almost directly above the Gates. Not bad - snacky things and drinks. Typical small club - nothing special but still better than the fray downstairs!

And I wish we could get some better info on the new biz class. Flying LHR-MAD-JNB for Thanksgiving and REALLY hoping(read expecting) to get the new seats. When looking at the detail on IB.com, some flights do actually show the new Biz class.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:28 am

Just flew thru Spain on IB. Not a good experience. First, the lounge is near the far end of gates B (almost area C) and all long-haul intl flights leave from area A. It is a looong walk, minimum of 12 minutes and I walk briskly. Boarding is chaotic, even for biz class. Many IB flights use busses, not jet bridges eventhough they are empty. My flight MAD-JFK was old biz class, even though I was assurred by Valencia IB office on day of departure that it was the new biz class. The old biz class seat is horrible for biz class, about 50" seat pitch. Be careful with the food. I suspect that the club sandwich snack (with mayo) was the cause of food poisoning I had 5 hours after the flight. And eat fast otherwise you will have too much stuff on your tray table.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Gold
I have two long-haul segments on Iberia in November as part of a OW100F Award. Im flying from LIM-MAD on the 13th and the MAD-MEX on the 27th. I called to get get seat assignments and was told that the system would not allow it.

Could this be because IB does not know yet which A-340 they will assign to this route? Expertflyer.com shows my LIM-MAD flight as the New Business Class but the IB website states the exact opposite.

I it pretty much a crap shoot on whether you get the New Business Plus on routes such as this?
Old Oct 16, 2005, 9:11 pm

I booked a November trip JFK-MAD flights on Iberia and specifically chose the times for both legs that use A346 in order to experience Iberia's new business class seat. However, Iberia now changed the equipment to A340 for the return portion of my trip. Are the old business class seats significantly less comfortable than the new ones? How do the inseat entertainment units compare? Do the old A340 business class seats even have their own inseat entertainment unit?
Old Oct 19, 2005, 8:08 am

Programs: Iberia Platinum
Originally Posted by LH-AC
I booked a November trip JFK-MAD flights on Iberia and specifically chose the times for both legs that use A346 in order to experience Iberia's new business class seat. However, Iberia now changed the equipment to A340 for the return portion of my trip. Are the old business class seats significantly less comfortable than the new ones? How do the inseat entertainment units compare? Do the old A340 business class seats even have their own inseat entertainment unit?
Last week I flew on a 340 and they had the new business class seat. I do not think that all planes have it, but now most of them have the new seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.